Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The butterfly effect

Default The butterfly effect

Has anyone seen this movie? Would like to know what people think about it.

Is a good movie, but some part doesn't make sense at all.... go rent the DVD version there is an alternative ending to the one in the theatre.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

What happened in the alternative ending?
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

MAJOR SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DON"T READ UNLESS YOU WANT THE STORY TO BE RUIN

In the directors cut... Evan (Ashton Kutcher) realize that he wasn't suppose to be born... so in the womb as a fetus (see life)... Evan coke himself and dies.
    Flame on I am gone...

Wow, I gotta see the director's cut! I have the DVD, but only watched the theatrical version so far.

Originally posted by James Ko
    MAJOR SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DON"T READ UNLESS YOU WANT THE STORY TO BE RUIN

In the directors cut... Evan (Ashton Kutcher) realize that he wasn't suppose to be born... so in the womb as a fetus (see life)... Evan coke himself and dies.
    O WOW REALLY THATS COOL THANKS i rented the dvd but i guess i missed that part or it wasnt the director's cut
    but overall this movie was pretty good all you gotta do is pay close attendtion but its werid how a fetus knows what it is trying to do and just imaginning a fetus doing that wow

That is why I believe that Fetus is life

Anyways is in the Director's Cut version not the regular version.

Sorry to those that I ruin the alternative ending for.
    Flame on I am gone...

Thank god for other ending, otherwise, con life people will be screaming for the director head right now.

Yeah, well, I'm pretty cool with the regular ending though.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

I've watched both endings now. Gotta say I like the regular ending better.

I loved this movie while a bunch of my friends hated it for some odd reason. I wathced it on Pay Per view and in that version he goes back makes it so him and that girl never become friends. Can anyone explain the alternate ending in a bit more detail? what does never supposed to be born mean? I had heard of it but never seen it b4.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

SPOILER ALERT

I will try to explain... and remember what happen. The ending have Even watching films and basically saw his mother in the delivery room. Evan's mother telling the baby inside her that she have lost previous babies before and that he (Evan) was going to a special child that change all that.

So basically Evan knows that he had the power to change that. So he went back and bascially cause his own death...
    Flame on I am gone...

the regular ending was good

What happened in the regular ending? I rented the dvd recently and just watched the director's cut and didn't have time to check out the theatrical cut...I thought the movie was pretty decent...I had low expectations going in....

Sorry to those that I ruin the alternative ending for.
    It's a movie... You know real fetuses can't do that right?

Originally posted by flyingfox2002
    It's a movie... You know real fetuses can't do that right?
    Hmm ya I know it is a movie where did I say it wasn't ... I think I know what is real and what is not but just that there are others out there that believes that fetus is life

In the original ending, Evan and the girl end up not together... but when they were walking by each other they sense like they knew each other but never stop to talk. (i think that is it it has been away)
    Flame on I am gone...

Hehe, maybe you can further discuss it in Open Debate.

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    Hmm ya I know it is a movie where did I say it wasn't ... I think I know what is real and what is not but just that there are others out there that believes that fetus is life

In the original ending, Evan and the girl end up not together... but when they were walking by each other they sense like they knew each other but never stop to talk. (i think that is it it has been away)
    i only watched the director's cut ending where as a fetus he chokes himself to death.

what's the original ending? Evan and Kayleigh do not end up together? They don't know each other? What did he do for that to happen?
    "The who having wha with huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by gooze
    i only watched the director's cut ending where as a fetus he chokes himself to death.

what's the original ending? Evan and Kayleigh do not end up together? They don't know each other? What did he do for that to happen?
    Instead of going all the way back to a fetus, Evan went back to his childhood. He met Kayleigh on a gathering, and said something to the effect of "F off! Don't you dare walk near me! I'll beat you up if you do!!!" Kayleigh was scared off, so they never got to be friends, and thus the following tragedies were all erased.

Fast forward to twenty years later. Evan woke up, and his friend was with him. "Where's Kayleigh?" Evan asked. "Who's Kayleigh?" His friend asked back. Evan thought for a while, and said, "I don't need books to tell me who I am." With that, he burned all the journals.

One day, Evan happend to meet Kayleigh on the street. Not knowing who Evan was, she walked past him, but a few seconds later, she turned around and looked at Evan intently, as if she had known him forever. Of course, their eyes met...

THE END

Quote Originally Posted by realdeal
    Instead of going all the way back to a fetus, Evan went back to his childhood. He met Kayleigh on a gathering, and said something to the effect of "F off! Don't you dare walk near me! I'll beat you up if you do!!!" Kayleigh was scared off, so they never got to be friends, and thus the following tragedies were all erased.

Fast forward to twenty years later. Evan woke up, and his friend was with him. "Where's Kayleigh?" Evan asked. "Who's Kayleigh?" His friend asked back. Evan thought for a while, and said, "I don't need books to tell me who I am." With that, he burned all the journals.

One day, Evan happend to meet Kayleigh on the street. Not knowing who Evan was, she walked past him, but a few seconds later, she turned around and looked at Evan intently, as if she had known him forever. Of course, their eyes met...

THE END
    sounds cheesy. But I won't diss it till I've seen it Got to check if my DVD has the theatrical ending.

love the director's cut ending though. Pretty powerful and quite a surprise. And for me, it lifted the movie another notch.
    "The who having wha with huh?"