Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: US Open

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    As a former fan of hewitt, i feel for you but as a fan of tennis in general, i have to say that I really like watching federer play. the scoreline was odd more than anything and even you have to admit that the closely fought 2nd set was attributed more to federer's drop in his quality of play more than hewitt's brilliance. i think this is evident in federer's monumental rise in unforced errors and large decrease in 1st serve %.

All in all, kudos to him, winning 3 majors in a year, incredible feat. peanuts in the womens tour but in the ATP tour...wow!
    Former fan? So you no longer like him? Hehe, infidelity. (Just kidding. )

I completely agree with you here. Wasn't trying to deny Federer's greatness. Just thought Hewitt shouldn't have played such a lousy final, considering his form all summer. He didn't drop a single set before that final, and then all of a sudden lost two sets 0-6.

Like I said, Hewitt's most impressive quality is his tenacity. The Hewitt I know should have grasped that opportunity and won the second set. If he had done that, you never know...

I had such high hopes for this match. Imagine my disappointment.

Anyone likes Dementiva here??
    Idol: Liza Wang Ming Chuen
    fav drama: War of In Laws, A Matter Of Customs, ATE, Blade Heart...
    forum: http://lizawang.go-forum.net

Quote Originally Posted by realdeal
    Former fan? So you no longer like him? Hehe, infidelity. (Just kidding. )
    heh... yeah, got off the band wagon long ago. I followed him really early in his career when his ranking wasn't that high but his davis cup record was stellar. I became a fan after watching his matches against Spain in hostile conditions and beat Guga in brazil, in clay, and in straight sets. it was easy to root for him becoz he was still an underdog and a relatively small counterpuncher against the big guns.

Moreover, his has this Allen Iverson type attitude of me-against-the-world and never-say-die spirit that is appealing. So much so i was willing to overlook the fact that he once called his hometown crowd idiots and a tennis umpire spastic. But when he became no. 1 in the world and started crushing his opponents, his aggressive shouts of come-ons seemed arrogant to me. of course it didn't help when he tried to sue the ATP and started to act like a brat. nevertheless, all credits to him, he always served his country well in davis cup.

Back in Junior High when I use to live in Queens... I use to go play tennis around U.S Open courts with classmates, it was very fun and the parks and sorrounding is very enjoyable... Too bad I haven't played since... now I'm in Brooklyn and everyone I meet doesn't play Tennis at all...

About the U.S Open.. I can't believe Sharapova lost so easily.. even though she lost to someone experienced.. she had the youth.... Also I wish Aggassi wins another title before he retires...