Seriously, i find the following things to be best for concentration:-
1) Nice, quiet environment
2) Good support with good chairs, and good stationeries, light and internet nearby.
3) Calm interior. You must not panic. You need to devote your full attention.
4) Try to understand the material. Do NOT memorize it. Understand it well enough that you are able to explain to other ppl and to use simple daily terms to explain it.
5) Set a time everyday, a same time that you will use to study. That way, it will be habit forming.
6) If you're tired or the mind wanders, take a break, stretch out. No point forcing yourself beyond your limits.