Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Yittz's Clinic!!

Problem:

I get frequent headaches, I don't think they are migraines (with my very limited medical knowledge). These headaches occurs frequently and will only go away if I consume panadol. With my parents screaming at me about how I will get addicted and die young if I eat too much medicine, I tried to refrain from eating panadol to cure my headaches recently and tried to sleep it off. Unfortunately, I woke up in the middle of the night with the WORST headache I've ever experience in my life, barely able to walk straight to grab some panadol, and I woke the next morning feeling just fine.

Question:

What could be causing these headaches? I get enough sleep, I eat relatively healthily, I get moderately stressed by school. Could it be the blazing hot weather? But I get headaches during rainy seasons too!

How to I kick my panadol reliance? Any way else I can get rid of headaches without medicine, obviously not eating them just make things worse, or this is something I have to conquer, like I need to go cold turkey.

By the way, I am a regular blood donor, does eating panadol regularly constitutes of taking long term medicine, though I only donate at least 3 days after consumption.

Describe your headache - which side, what does it feel like, how long do you have the headache, do you vomit, do you fear the light, do you have runny eyes or nose, anything making it worse etc. ----- and tell yittz about it.

Paracetamol, like what you are taking is not going to do you much harm at all.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Usually the pain is at the back of my head, a continuous long dull pain. Sometimes I have a bit of variation: I do get headaches that occurs in sharp periodic pains at the sides or throbbing pains that seems to be all over. But usually it is the first type.

I don't vomit, fear the light, have runny eyes or nose during headaches, in fact I don't have these symptoms at all unless I am down with stomach flu. But I do feel a bit dizzy if I stand up suddenly or walk around too much, especially walking in the sun when the headaches occur. My headaches only get worse when I do not rest and/or take medicine.

Sorry missed your question.

Location: so it's both sided for all the different types of pain you get?

Severity: how severe is it normally?

Time: how long do each variant last and how fast do they come on?

Onset: when did you notice you start getting headaches (what age) Aware of any possible triggers?

Are you male/female? Any family history of headaches? Any past trauma or investigations?

The one time you got the WORST pain ever that woke you up- what led up to it (did you do anything different that day), any other symptoms, where was the pain worst and where did it spread, type of pain, did standing up make it worse or lying down?
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Usually both sides, except for the sharp periodic pains, those usually occurs at one side of the head only, but I don't really get this often.

Half the time it is moderately painful while very painful for the other half. When I don't take medicine for the moderate pains, it usually develops into severe pains, and then I take medicine.

I don't know how long they last because I usually take pills to make it go away, sometimes I have really really minor ones that only last for less than an hour. The normal I-have-to-take-medicine headaches occurs like once or twice a week.

Onset: when did you notice you start getting headaches (what age) Aware of any possible triggers?
    These few years, after I entered college. Triggers, not sure what you mean but it is especially frequent during hot weather, though I still get them in rainy seasons.

Are you male/female? Any family history of headaches? Any past trauma or investigations?
    Female. Not that I know of. No.

The one time you got the WORST pain ever that woke you up- what led up to it (did you do anything different that day), any other symptoms, where was the pain worst and where did it spread, type of pain, did standing up make it worse or lying down?

I can't really remember what I did that day, so it was probably just another day in school. It started off as all my other headaches, I start getting a dull pain in the evening, went to bed early to sleep it off, woke up in the middle of the night... I think I woke up because of the pain. The pain was throbbing all over, make worse by any sort of motion, I had to keep completely still on the bed in order not to aggravate the pain, had a hard time falling asleep after that cause just slightly tilting my head will make the pain worse.
    Last edited by beansprouts; 02-02-08 at 07:36 AM.

hey yittz, im having like random hunger problem. liek some days i want to eat more, some day i want to eat less. and some days i get hungry at 6 pm and someday at 7pm, etc etc. is there something wrong w/ me? lol
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    hey yittz, im having like random hunger problem. liek some days i want to eat more, some day i want to eat less. and some days i get hungry at 6 pm and someday at 7pm, etc etc. is there something wrong w/ me? lol
    lol I thought you were skinny enough to pursue the Sparky lifestyle - don't ask what/how/why - if you're hungry, just eat! I swim to control my appetite...well not really control. Basically after I go for a swim I'm really hungry so that makes my eating schedule pretty consistent.

Anyway, lunar can go first, but if you've got time, I also have a question. Two actually.

1. Today I went swimming as usual and I felt a pain (kind of like a cramp I guess) in my chest. I wondered if it had anything to do with my heart because swimming is a cardio activity, but it was on my right side of my chest and I'm smart enough to know the heart goes on the left. It only came up during exercise and when I weight trained with my gorgeous 10 lb weights afterwards I didn't feel the pain anymore. And right now I feel perfectly fine. They say you should stop when you feel pain during exercise, but I run and I almost always find that painful, so I just sucked it up because I become cranky when I don't complete my 1500m swim. The pain wasn't so intense that I couldn't finish...it's just that I swim regularly and I've never felt that pain before. Is there any reason my swim wasn't as comfortable as usual today? If the detail comes in handy at all since we're talking about cramps, I'm a woman but I don't get cramps, and even if I did, I wouldn't go swimming during the time period I have cramps. The only other difference about today I can think of is that Saturday was really stressful for me and that I was wearing new goggles. Which I don't think comes into play at all.

2. My other question is that recently I've noticed I have colder hands than most people after a nurse told me this during a blood test. Do some people naturally have cold hands or is this related to circulation?
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    lol I thought you were skinny enough to pursue the Sparky lifestyle - don't ask what/how/why - if you're hungry, just eat! I swim to control my appetite...well not really control. Basically after I go for a swim I'm really hungry so that makes my eating schedule pretty consistent.

Anyway, lunar can go first, but if you've got time, I also have a question. Two actually.

1. Today I went swimming as usual and I felt a pain (kind of like a cramp I guess) in my chest. I wondered if it had anything to do with my heart because swimming is a cardio activity, but it was on my right side of my chest and I'm smart enough to know the heart goes on the left. It only came up during exercise and when I weight trained with my gorgeous 10 lb weights afterwards I didn't feel the pain anymore. And right now I feel perfectly fine. They say you should stop when you feel pain during exercise, but I run and I almost always find that painful, so I just sucked it up because I become cranky when I don't complete my 1500m swim. The pain wasn't so intense that I couldn't finish...it's just that I swim regularly and I've never felt that pain before. Is there any reason my swim wasn't as comfortable as usual today? If the detail comes in handy at all since we're talking about cramps, I'm a woman but I don't get cramps, and even if I did, I wouldn't go swimming during the time period I have cramps. The only other difference about today I can think of is that Saturday was really stressful for me and that I was wearing new goggles. Which I don't think comes into play at all.

2. My other question is that recently I've noticed I have colder hands than most people after a nurse told me this during a blood test. Do some people naturally have cold hands or is this related to circulation?
    lol maybe i should start swimming if ur there to be my lifeguard i cant swim at all and i do eat when im hungry, thats why its so inconsistent lol i do notice ive been getting a bit fatter tho over the last 3 months ahhhh must go to gym more

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts View Post
    Usually both sides, except for the sharp periodic pains, those usually occurs at one side of the head only, but I don't really get this often.

Half the time it is moderately painful while very painful for the other half. When I don't take medicine for the moderate pains, it usually develops into severe pains, and then I take medicine.

I don't know how long they last because I usually take pills to make it go away, sometimes I have really really minor ones that only last for less than an hour. The normal I-have-to-take-medicine headaches occurs like once or twice a week.

These few years, after I entered college. Triggers, not sure what you mean but it is especially frequent during hot weather, though I still get them in rainy seasons.

Female. Not that I know of. No.

I can't really remember what I did that day, so it was probably just another day in school. It started off as all my other headaches, I start getting a dull pain in the evening, went to bed early to sleep it off, woke up in the middle of the night... I think I woke up because of the pain. The pain was throbbing all over, make worse by any sort of motion, I had to keep completely still on the bed in order not to aggravate the pain, had a hard time falling asleep after that cause just slightly tilting my head will make the pain worse.
    The worst pain description sounds like migraine. Although it's strange you don't get any other symptoms of nausea, afraid of light/sound.

The other ones sound like either episodic tension type or migraine.

A few things - if there's past head trauma, neck stiffness, vision changes, sensation changes, change in consciousness, confusion, seizures, fever along with the headache it might be something serious, life threatening. Seek treatment immediately.

There might be triggers - medications, menstrual cycle, stress, caffeine, red wine, additives etc. If you find out what triggers you have, you can avoid having a migraine.

Your treatment seems fine - need to manage the pain. There are some prophylactic drugs too, assuming it is migraine you are having.

Hope that helps. (best to see a doctor just to be sure)

Member of TC fanclub.

Stop eating instant noodles.

You need to tell me more - why is this a concern and what do you mean by random (6 and 7 pm sounds pretty normal). What other symptoms. When did this come on etc.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post

Probably nothing serious, you seem like a healthy person.

Describe pain - when did it come on during exercise, how fast did it come on, what sort of pain (sharp, dull etc.), did it radiate anywhere, does it change with movement (ie parts of stroke that is worse/better) or breathing, ever happened before, what about other cardio related exercise, any other symptoms - breathlessness?

Maybe just the stress made your muscles tight and exercising induced muscle pain.

Yep circulation problem - can you feel your pulse? And how are your nail colour - nice and pink?

Member of TC fanclub.

Thanks for the help, yittz.

The headaches are still manageable as of now, I only dislike frequently taking medicine. If it gets serious I will definitely seek medical help, though I think the doctors will just prescribe more paracetamol.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Stop eating instant noodles.

You need to tell me more - why is this a concern and what do you mean by random (6 and 7 pm sounds pretty normal). What other symptoms. When did this come on etc.
    well its just random hunger basically, i mean few years ago i always eat at 7:30. now its random. and i dont eat much instant noodle!!! i eat cup noodle

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts View Post
    Thanks for the help, yittz.

The headaches are still manageable as of now, I only dislike frequently taking medicine. If it gets serious I will definitely seek medical help, though I think the doctors will just prescribe more paracetamol.
    Again, I must recommend that miracle drug for aches.......Tiger Balm patches on the temple would usually do it for me. I wish you health!
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Again, I must recommend that miracle drug for aches.......Tiger Balm patches on the temple would usually do it for me. I wish you health!
    Thanks
    I've tried the Tiger Balm, 虎标万金油, not the patches though, it's really too strong for me, my skin gets really irritated. Then again, the last time I used it was like 5, 6 years ago, maybe I'll give it a try the the next time.

lol maybe i should start swimming if ur there to be my lifeguard i cant swim at all
    Me as your lifeguard? I'm actually certified Lunar, but I don't know...what if you're really bad at swimming and I have to save you from dying with some mouth-to-mouth action? I'm not THAT easy hon!

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Describe pain - when did it come on during exercise, how fast did it come on, what sort of pain (sharp, dull etc.), did it radiate anywhere, does it change with movement (ie parts of stroke that is worse/better) or breathing, ever happened before, what about other cardio related exercise, any other symptoms - breathlessness?
    Err, my memory is a bit hazy but I think it was relatively dull since I managed to make it through the swim. I didn't notice any change with movement or breathing, but the pain immediately subsided when I took a break for about a minute to see if the pain would go away. In general it felt like a normal exercise cramp but maybe the position you are while swimming assuages the pain?

Yep circulation problem - can you feel your pulse? And how are your nail colour - nice and pink?
    Feel my pulse? If you're referring to the putting two fingers on your carotid artery, then yup I can do that. My fingernails are actually painted right now but I'm assuming they're pink. Is there anything I can do to keep my hands warm? If it's an issue with circulation I'm guessing gloves will have a limited impact?

Btw, thanks yittz for all your help.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Medically speaking, how many months does a premature baby need to be, in order to be safely born and be able to live like normal babies?

Just checking with the facts before I include it in my fanfiction. Probably takes months before I actually post the chapter, but while the idea is still fresh. I'll gather some factoid.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

28weeks is good.

Member of TC fanclub.

What makes people's hair curly? Something in the genes? Is it possible for Asians to have naturally wavy/curly hair? My cousin who's half-Asian and half-white, he has naturally curly hair for some reason, so he keeps it short and gelled.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Medically speaking, how many months does a premature baby need to be, in order to be safely born and be able to live like normal babies?

Just checking with the facts before I include it in my fanfiction. Probably takes months before I actually post the chapter, but while the idea is still fresh. I'll gather some factoid.
    Its hard to say because many factors prevail. The longer your gestation age is, the higher the survival is.

Generally 32 weeks and above have much higher survival rate.

Han SOlo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control