Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Yittz's Clinic!!

Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    i thought the worst pain, at least for a guy, is getting hit in the nuts?
    It is as well emotional damage, not just the excruciating physical pain. The guy will be deeply traumatised.
    ..ext88

I believe what's on my arms for years are called Petechia, though a number of those spots are brown. I also believe they are increasing in numbers over the years. @.@;

Does anyone think I should go see a doc for that?
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 12-06-09 at 10:50 PM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

See a dermatologist. What could it hurt?

Petechiae should not be brown, are you sure it is not a mole?

If a mole is increased in size, or change in color, or bleeding, you should see a doctor.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Petechiae should not be brown, are you sure it is not a mole?

If a mole is increased in size, or change in color, or bleeding, you should see a doctor.

Han Solo
    Some are brown, some are reddish... so I'm not sure what they are! >_> I don't know if any have increased in size or change colour, but I did notice they keep multiplying over the years...

Not exactly worried, but am curious how and why it happened. Also curious what they really are. @.@;
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Smile

Guo Xiang - I agree with Han Solo. Petechiae are not brown colored. They look like little red pinpoint dots that do not blanch (or disappear if you press down on the spot). Besides, petechiae on the body usually need to be further investigated. For example, your physician should probably order a blood test to make sure there is no blood clotting problem. Petechiae on the face, however, can sometimes simply be due to forceful coughing, crying, or vomiting. Your spots could be moles. It's hard to tell unless a physician evaluates them. Good luck!

I had an open wound a few days ago. I band-aided it up but it doesn't seem to be healing properly.
    I am suspecting a staph infection, I tried going to a doctors clinic today, but they were closed, I'll try again on Monday.

But for now, how would I go about dealing with this if it might be staph? I've heard doctors will prescribe antibiotics. Will antisceptic help?
    Last edited by Banh Mi; 04-10-10 at 02:11 AM.

Is this normal? Two nights ago, I did not sleep well. My tummy was a bit discomfort. But I do not experience diarrhoea/stomach upset. Appetite was poor. Yesterday night, I slept better, from about 12 am to 8.30 am. But again, appetite is poor. Do not feel like eating anything. No fever. The only symptom is that stomach is a bit "heavy".

I have lately been feeling a choking sort of sensation in my throat and this comes and goes. It's brought on by eating food which I find distasteful, over use of vocal chords or any discomfort in the throat. I've taken something which is meant to counter acid reflux but it doesn't seem to help. I don't understand why the discomfort occurs. Sometimes even when I wear a tshirt that is loose around the neck it feels like I'm being gagged.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Is this normal? Two nights ago, I did not sleep well. My tummy was a bit discomfort. But I do not experience diarrhoea/stomach upset. Appetite was poor. Yesterday night, I slept better, from about 12 am to 8.30 am. But again, appetite is poor. Do not feel like eating anything. No fever. The only symptom is that stomach is a bit "heavy".
    Dyspepsia or stomachache is not uncommon.

Is it accompanied by heartburn?
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    I have lately been feeling a choking sort of sensation in my throat and this comes and goes. It's brought on by eating food which I find distasteful, over use of vocal chords or any discomfort in the throat. I've taken something which is meant to counter acid reflux but it doesn't seem to help. I don't understand why the discomfort occurs. Sometimes even when I wear a tshirt that is loose around the neck it feels like I'm being gagged.
    Sounds pretty serious when you said that any use of the vocal cord y
    triggers it. Do you meant that you cannot breath too?

If you are getting proton pump inhibitor, such as esomeprazole or pantoprazole in the optimal dose e.g 40mg per day, and avoiding certain food, and still have that feeling- I suggest that you talk to your doctor to get some investigations such as a gastroscopy.
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Dyspepsia or stomachache is not uncommon.

Is it accompanied by heartburn?
    Thanks, Han. No heartburn. Indeed, I have some diarrhoea yesterday morning. Strangely, appetite comes back in the afternn. Greedy me, bought and ate a few "oily" chicken wings. Had diarrhoea again in the night. Today, feeling better but appetite seems to be lost until this evening. Somehow feel like eating rice.

Default Question about bowel movement

For someone who only has bowel movement once a month, where do all the food go? Especially since the person isn't fat and stomach isn't swollen.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    For someone who only has bowel movement once a month, where do all the food go? Especially since the person isn't fat and stomach isn't swollen.
    That is certainly abnormal, as most normal people should have a bowel motion once a day to once every three days.
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Can a person develop a sexually transmitted infection (STI) if they have no sexual contact with another person?

Also, if a person has multiple sex partners, all of whom are free of STIs, how can one of them catch an STI? Is this situation really plausible - to have clean partners and not get an infection somewhere down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    Can a person develop a sexually transmitted infection (STI) if they have no sexual contact with another person?

Also, if a person has multiple sex partners, all of whom are free of STIs, how can one of them catch an STI? Is this situation really plausible - to have clean partners and not get an infection somewhere down the line?
    well the chances of getting STI without sexual contact is pretty minimal, since the main reason why they are termed STI is because the primary form of spreading the disease is via sexual intercourse. There are plenty of diseases that can be spread via sexual intercourse, but aren't termed STI because they can be spread via other forms of contact (even common flu can be spread via sexual intercourse) with that said, stuff like HIV can be spread via sharing of needles, or fluid transmission.

Other ways of getting STI can be from mother to unborn baby; or via breastfeeding.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

How do you kill warts? I have 2 on my pinky finger and one on my hand. Freezing them is so painful

There are wart paints that you can apply.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

I got sneezing attacks and runny nose that comes and goes. It usually happens early in the day and at night, but not while I'm at work. Should I take an allergy medicine or something? It doesn't seem like a cold.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I got sneezing attacks and runny nose that comes and goes. It usually happens early in the day and at night, but not while I'm at work. Should I take an allergy medicine or something? It doesn't seem like a cold.
    Sounds like Hay fever.

Take some antihistamines like Telfast or Claritin.

If that doesn't work, try some intranasal steroids like budenoside.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control