Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Yittz's Clinic!!

Doc,

I got a cold, sore throat and etc.. what is the suggestion?? I have loads of things to do, and I can't be sick.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

By Yon

Doc,

I got a cold, sore throat and etc.. what is the suggestion?? I have loads of things to do, and I can't be sick.
    Most sore throat will get better without any antibiotics.

So, do the following things:-
    1) Get a pain killer e.g. Panadol or aspirin
    2) Drink enough water
    3) some ppl find that rinsing their mouth with salt water helps.

Doc,

I usually don't take any aspirin, so I drank ton of water.
    Unfortunately, the cold got worse. I have fever, and swallen throat now.. My voice sounds like Louis Armstrong. Would you suggest me more?

I don't think I need anti biotic though... some reason I really hate Anti Biotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yon
    Doc,

I have fever, and swallen throat now.. My voice sounds like Louis Armstrong.
    What a wonderful world by Yonny?
    What is love?

Quote Originally Posted by Yon
    Doc,

I usually don't take any aspirin, so I drank ton of water.
    Unfortunately, the cold got worse. I have fever, and swallen throat now.. My voice sounds like Louis Armstrong. Would you suggest me more?

I don't think I need anti biotic though... some reason I really hate Anti Biotic.
    If you are getting difficulty in eating or drinking or breathing, see a doctor, get antibiotics.

Most sore throat will resolve in a couple of days. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Most sore throat will resolve in a couple of days. Hang in there.
    I am striked with another sore throat/cough with flame just after a week recovering from another cough sickness. Is this normal? I would have thought my immune system is probably strong enough to combat these virus.

Currently, taking Strepsils to soothe my throat.
    What is love?

Hm..My boss said, because I didn't drink my Soju on Chu Suk (korean thanksgiving on the 28th) to kill all the germ. The fact is, I did drink some Patron and Henesse over the weekend, and I thought those would kill those naasty germs in my throat.

Anyway, is this true that alcohole would kill the germs???

Prolove,

Your prior cough does not seem to be related to the sore throat this time around.

Yon,
    Yes, alcohol is used as antiseptic but not in the concentration of your puny beers. We are talking of concentration of 80% or above.

Is it unusual for an Asian to have one doublefolded eyelid and one singlefolded eyelid (the stereotypical "Asian" eyes)? This is what I have...

Am I a mutant? Should I sign up with the X Men?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002
    Is it unusual for an Asian to have one doublefolded eyelid and one singlefolded eyelid (the stereotypical "Asian" eyes)? This is what I have...

Am I a mutant? Should I sign up with the X Men?
    I have that too!! so don't worry about it!!! In fact, I have seen many westerners with these kind of eyelids, esp. Hollywood stars!! Don't ask me which one cause I don't know their names. and yes.. we should sign up for the X men!!! hmm.. should I rename myself as Prof. Xavier?

Your prior cough does not seem to be related to the sore throat this time around
    I thought so too... It's very annoying when you have virus attacking one after another!! and my stupid body immune systems is so weak.. Guess I need to go for more mud bath!!! swallowing more bacteria!!
    What is love?

Doc,

Can Kiss spread cold germs to other???

You can catch a cold just by being too close to a sick person so...

If it's a mouth to mouth kiss, yes!

If it's a wet kiss, definite yes!
    ---

Proflove, really? Cool! Let's start our Brotherhood of Freaks Fraternity hehehe. My left eyelid is doublefolded and my right eyelid is "Asianeyed." What about you?

Proflove, really? Cool! Let's start our Brotherhood of Freaks Fraternity hehehe. My left eyelid is doublefolded and my right eyelid is "Asianeyed." What about you?
    Are we identical twins separated at birth??? My left is indeed d/folded whilst right is single! Sometimes, I feel Versace should design a hat that has a divider right in the middle. Then, I can pose "now you see, now you don't!" manpower walk!! :P

and yes, we should start the Brotherhood of Freaks Fraternity. We should not be singled out due to our genetic diversity!!! Anyway, just out of my curiousity, are you left or right handed? or both?

You can catch a cold just by being too close to a sick person so...

If it's a mouth to mouth kiss, yes!

If it's a wet kiss, definite yes!
    or you can immune to cold if your immune system is up to scratch!! Hmm.. am I talking about PC?

Dr. Hans, with regards to HRT (hormone replacement therapy), would you recommend it to a woman at age 50s to 60s with frequent tiredness symptom? By the way, this is not for me, okay!!! I am a male and only 28 y.o.
    What is love?

Quote Originally Posted by proflove

Dr. Hans, with regards to HRT (hormone replacement therapy), would you recommend it to a woman at age 50s to 60s with frequent tiredness symptom? By the way, this is not for me, okay!!! I am a male and only 28 y.o.
    As a result of the Women Health Initiative Study which was the biggest single trial on the effects of HRT in women, most doctors are now afraid of prescribing HRT to post-menopausal women.

However, considerable controversy exist with regards to the subjects studied in WHI and also the conclusions that it reached.

One current approach to HRT is that it can be safely prescribed to control symptoms of menopause in the post-menopausal women but not for more than 2 years.

HRT ought to be considered relatively contraindicated in women wih heart dieases, previous stroke or DVT, and family hx of breast cancer.

Further, HRT ought not be used as prphylaxis against heart diseases, stroke and the like.

Han Solo

P/S: for your further interest, i always find the WHI site to be very informative on the subject of HRT. http://www.whi.org

Doc Han,

Are vasectomies reversable? If not, is it still possible to artificially inseminate after having one?

uh.. I'm asking for a friend, of course.
    Zhang Ziyi CSC: news, biography, gallery, filmography, forums, more...

A lot of vasectomies are reversible, but surgeons do the operations with the expectations that the patients understands that vasectomies should be viewed as irreversible.

Hello Doctor Han Solo,

I jammed by left thumb trying to catch a football. It hurt yesterday but it seemed ok and i could still bend it. Today i woke up and the bottom part of my palm under my thumb is fat and swollen. The part between my thumb and pointer is a little dark kinda greenish purple. I iced it till it was numb but the swelling is still there and i cannot graspt anything with that hand no more. My mom's harrassing me with nasty smelling and burning chinese ointments..that smell and burn. I dont trust her so i wanted to consult a doctor. What should i do doc? I want to be able to use that hand to pick something up by tommorrow. Oh and also do those nasty ointments really work?

k THX
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Hi duguxiaojing,

Sounds like your finger got swollen up pretty bad. It should be less swollen by the end of the week.

Ice it, get some painkillers, and rest your finger as much as possible.

Regarding those ointments, i don't think that they will either be of much benefit or harm. Try it if that's what ur mum wants.

I'm sure u'll get well soon, but not tommorow.

Han solo

Default Hi Dr Han

I am a guy. I hate the hair growing on the area above my upper lips and below my lower lips. every morning and night, i used a twister to get rid of these tiny hairs. in fact, i hated this habit too.
    is there a way to get rid of them permanently minus going for expensive treatment? thks.

Are you a guy or a gurl?