Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the most tragic scenes in the wuxia novels ?

Default What is the most tragic scenes in the wuxia novels ?

What/Which is your most tragic scenes/unforgettable moment/scenes in the wuxia novels which you have read that you will never forget about ??

For example , I will never forget below scenes :

1. When Xiao Liong Nu was being raped by that monk that I forget his name in ROCH ....I was so sad and mad / angry.

2. The scene where Xiao Feng went suicide in DGSD....I was crying during reading this chapter.

3. The figthing scene in " A Hero Without Tears" (Gu Long), involving Mr. Nail Shoe. He fought versus enemies together with his master and his friend defending his master in the restaurant, His body was separated into pieces ...till when he was about to death, the fight suddenly stopped, all friends and the enemies stop fighting just to reward him and gave him a respect as the man with endless faithness to his master even if his live being taken..., even enemies crying when they see how he was fighting during the fight......I was crying again while reading this chapter.
    ( fantastic Gu Long !!! )

4. The scenes while Mr. Ouw It To death in Flying Fox in The Snowy Mountain...The best Jin Yong novel and very good flasback story telling !!!

5. and so on and so on...I have lots of them but,.... how about you guys...??? what is your most unforgettable scenes in the wuxia novels that you have read so far .....?????

TRAGIC SCENES (where I bawled my eyes out)

1. All of the Ding Dian and Lian Shuang Hua moments in (Lian Cheng Que) and especially when it was uncovered that she was buried alive and she scratched that she wanted to meet Ding Dian in her next life from inside the coffin.

(now I can't see chrysanthemum without thinking about them)

2. When XF killed Ah Zhu and the things they said. (DGSD)

3. When Li Wen Xiu placed the wolf skin in front of Ah Man's tent and the thoughs goign through her head. And when at the end when she left. (White Horse Neighing in the West Wind)

4. When OYF and H7G died! (ROCH)

5. When Ji Xiao Fu died. (HSDS)

6. When OYF became mad and started screaming everywhere for his son. (ROCH)

7. When Chou Chun Yu told of the story between herself, her husband and her sister. (Nu Jian Kuang Hua)

8. When Huo Qing Tong's family were accusing her of leaving her sister to die when she refused to send soldier to save Princess Fragrance and CJL because it was not a good strategy. (Book & Sword)

UNFORGETTABLE SCENES
    1. When Shang Guan Fei Yan realised that Hua Man Lou was standing behind her and knew her intentions all along. (Lu Xiao Feng)

2. The cliff-hanger ending for "Flying Fox of the Snow Mountains".

3. The whole chapter at the end of "LXF: The Duel" where Ye Gu Cheng's plans were exposed, and of course, the duel, and after the duel when all the fighters went against the imperial command and left with Ye Gu Cheng's body.

4. When Ah Fei realises that Lin Xian Er was unworthy and didn't want her anymore! (Sentimental Swordsman) HAHA!

5. When Princess Fragrance came out of the pool. JY's descriptions were great (Book and Sword)

6. When Yan Li Ting found that Ji Xiao Fu didn't love him, but Yang Xiao, on Guang Ming Peak.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Tragic scenes :

1. When LPZ killed YLS
    2. When ZCS/YSS died in Wu Dang
    3. When YK died in that temple
    4. When XF commited suicide
    5. When XF killed AZ by accident
    6. When LPZ's whole family and subordinates got wiped out
    7. When GF chopped off YG's arm
    8. When GJ's Mom died
    9. When YK's and GJ's parents got wiped out in the Ox Village
    10. When GJ's teachers all found dead in Peach Blossom Island
    11. When YK's parents died in front of YK and WYHL
    12. When Princess Xiang2 died
    13. When CJN died on the turtle island
    14. When DZC's wives got killed one by one
    15. MJ died from jumping off the pagoda
    16. Third Evil's death
    17. YTZ's death

Unforgettable scenes :

1. GJ against hundreds of QZ Taoist at the beginning of ROCH
    2. DY kicked MRF's butt at Shaolin Temple
    3. XLN's first apperance when she rescued YG from QZ
    4. OYF vs H7Q leading to their death
    5. ZWJ & ZZR's wedding scene
    6. HR's first apperance as a girl
    7. 16 years reunion between YG & XLN
    8. 4 Pugilists vs DFBB
    9. LHC blinded 12 (14 ?) masked men with one single DG9J stroke
    10. ZWJ at the Brightness Peak
    11. ZWJ vs 3 strikes of MJ
    12. YG vs ZBT
    13. YG vs HYS
    14. HR vs LMC
    15. YG & XLN during the heroes meeting
    16. WXB raped all 7 women on his bed
    17. WXB stabbed his own friend Do Long
    18. WXB making out with Russian Princess at the dungeon
    19. WXB saved Kang Xi from One-armed Nun at the temple
    20. One-armed Nun vs Tibetan Lamas
    21. CJL/QL private talks about their secrets
    22. Princess Xiang2 first apperance
    23. XF & DY's drinking and running contest
    24. 3 bight fights at Shaolin temple (SOD)
    25. XZ finally gave up his holiness when he met MG
    26. XZ tried to pacify TSTL & LQS but ended up sucking out their inner power
    27. The well scene between DY and WYY
    28. XF vs hundreds of top notch fighters at the manor

[

15. YG & XLN during the heroes meeting
    [/B][/QUOTE]

15. Temujin, is this when Gwok Siang looked from distance into the couple (YG and XLN), She was then asking her mother wheter she can follow her brother and her sister (YG and XLN) or is that possible for her to see them again in the future ...???

GS then spent all her life to find the couples, until finally she decided to be a monk then built the Gobi Pay .

I was wondering why GS did not try to search the couples in that cemetery ?? the first time/place YG met XLN....probably she can meet them there.

But agree with you Temujin...this is the unforgetable scenes. I was so sorry for her dramatic faith of GS . Jin Yong did not give a chance for GS to meet the couples in her life after the heroes meeting....even until HSDS.

TRAGIC SCENES:

1. WhenXMCX carried off YGC's body after the duel, and everyone of their friends stuck together to protect them.

2. When Xiao Die told her life story to Meng XingHun in Liu Xing Hu Die Jian.

3. When teh third little master realized that WaWa had married the man who destroyed her life and her family.

4. When Fu HongXue realized that he was not the son of Bai TianYu, but jsut some orphan.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Originally posted by Temujin
    9. LHC blinded 12 (14 ?) masked men with one single DG9J stroke
    It was 15 masked men, and it was done with 30 strokes. If he had done with just 1 stroke, I would rank him as #1 out of all JY's character.

Originally posted by TaiHan
    It was 15 masked men, and it was done with 30 strokes. If he had done with just 1 stroke, I would rank him as #1 out of all JY's character.
    It was done with 30 thrusts in a single move.

unforgettable scenes...

when CLX knows his close friends wu hua & na gong lin are his enemies. esp when na gong lin & wu hua are dead, sigh... they used to catch turtle in the river when they are young...

CLX best friend, Hu Tie hua accidentally chop off Zhong Yuan Yi Dian Hong's arm.

in the "bat island" when CLX happens to meet a hollow eyed woman... this is a long story, i nearly cry...

when the xiao yu-er n hua wu que know their true identity, i cried

when Tie xin lan hold back hua wu que with her naked body to let xiao yu-er escape... that's the most tragic moment of xiao yu-er..

Yao yue killed her own sister...

Guo song yang sacrifice himself n killed by jing wuming

on the night of a full-moon, at the peak of Zi jin, a sword from the west shall meet the flying deity.
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

[QUOTE=~]unforgettable scenes...

when Tie xin lan hold back hua wu que with her naked body to let xiao yu-er escape... that's the most tragic moment of xiao yu-er..

==========================

Could you all please also put the tittle of the book....?
    Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    It was done with 30 thrusts in a single move.
    sorry, I must have misread it.

Unforgettable scene for me is when Xu zhu, Xiao Feng and Dun Yu kneel and become brothers in front of everyone at Shaolin.

[QUOTE=rifimu]
    Quote Originally Posted by ~
    unforgettable scenes...

==========================

Could you all please also put the tittle of the book....?
    Thx.
    Legendary Siblings/Twins... my friends n i love this novel alot, however some people here found it bored...
    Last edited by ~; 09-11-04 at 02:47 PM.
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

sad..
    Adventures of Lu Xiao Feng Book 2 Embroidery Thief:
    "Xue Bing! Where is she?" He shouted.

Jin Jiu Ling stared back into his eyes, stared back with an unique yet cruel hint of laughter in his eyes.

"I'm going to see her now," he whispered. "But you'd have to wait a long long time before you can see her. A long long...."

His voice suddenly stopped, his heart suddenly stopped too.

His eyes were still full of that cruel and villainous laughter, as if he just saw Xue Bing....

"All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?...."

too sad..
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

When DFBB only lost to the four fighters due to his lover being whupped. Although he did many terrible things it showed he was only human and would sacrifice his life to save the one he loved, contrasting with the former leader.

When Ding Yut Nun relinquishes leadership of Hung San Sect to LHC on her deathbed. I was touched she was brave enough to do this despite him being a guy and even on her deathbed she was thinking of how to protect all her disciples. She was one of the most upright characters in the novel despite the fact she was a female and took no bullshi*. And as a sidenote seeing her about to be cooked alive when Song Shan had them tricked and trapped was rather touching too.

MRF being thwarted at every twist and turn by the 3 sworn brothers, even if they had no intention and even if they only had IQ of one, despite his meticulous scheming.

Guo Fu hitting XLN with a needle in the ancient tomb. After all their struggles the little hussy just came in and ruined it all and did not even repent.

Duan Jing Shuen and his wives dying. I never thought i'd have any sympathy for his womanising *** but when he said he loved them all equally i'd actually might give him the benefit of the doubt.

Lam Hoi Ngok Sun dying to save Duan Yu.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    Guo Fu hitting XLN with a needle in the ancient tomb. After all their struggles the little hussy just came in and ruined it all and did not even repent.
    I often feel sorry for Gwok Fu, really. Even when she tries to do the right thing, it somehow ends up backfiring on her. Remember: she wasn't trying to murder Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl; her goal was to attack Lee Mok Sau and rescue her baby sister Gwok Seung. Gwok Fu seems star-crossed, however; even her best intentions have a way of going awry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I often feel sorry for Gwok Fu, really. Even when she tries to do the right thing, it somehow ends up backfiring on her. Remember: she wasn't trying to murder Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl; her goal was to attack Lee Mok Sau and rescue her baby sister Gwok Seung. Gwok Fu seems star-crossed, however; even her best intentions have a way of going awry.
    actually I think I can forgive GF for accidentally shotting needle at XLN. but the way how she didn't repent made me hate her. It is like "I didn't do it on purpose, so it is not my fault."

Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan
    actually I think I can forgive GF for accidentally shotting needle at XLN. but the way how she didn't repent made me hate her. It is like "I didn't do it on purpose, so it is not my fault."
    Actually, Gwok Fu tried to apologize, but Yeung Gor wouldn't have any of it. Gwok Fu not only apologized, she offered Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl the antidote for Icy Soul Silver Needles (which her mother Wong Yung had stolen from Lee Mok Sau). Instead of accepting it, Yeung Gor glared at Gwok Fu with a murderous look and brandished the Heavy Iron Sword at her. You wouldn't feel very apologetic either.

Actually, Gwok Fu tried to apologize, but Yeung Gor wouldn't have any of it. Gwok Fu not only apologized, she offered Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl the antidote for Icy Soul Silver Needles (which her mother Wong Yung had stolen from Lee Mok Sau). Instead of accepting it, Yeung Gor glared at Gwok Fu with a murderous look and brandished the Heavy Iron Sword at her. You wouldn't feel very apologetic either.
    You make a valid point but considering how much she personally & her family owes Yang Guo i think she should have taken it.

Of course she was not intentionally wanting to hit XLN and no one else thought it was a bad course of action until she actually hit the wrong person. The thing is, when you are a bit retarded and limited in abilities you should know your own limitations and not act so hasty. I mean it was not often her dumbass got things right. She just seemed to lack many redeeming features. At least she never bowed down the bad guys.

Alas, being the below average daughter of Guo Jing & Huang Rong was not exactly a nice fate so i guess she does have some of my sympathy.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    You make a valid point but considering how much she personally & her family owes Yang Guo i think she should have taken it.
    The whole argument about the Gwoks and the Yeungs "owing" each other has never had much stock with me. These people started off as essentially a family (rather than two, although they had different lineages and different surnames). It was Yeung Teet Sum's wife Pau Sik Yerk who got the ball rolling (and everybody into trouble) by being hospitable to the Jin prince Yeun Nan Hung Lit at the beginning of LEGEND OF THE CONDOR HEROES. That decision resulted in (among other things) Gwok Jing growing up fatherless in Mongolia. Later, Yeung Hong would nearly kill Gwok Jing on a dozen occassions during the course of LOCH, and despite it all, Gwok Jing gave Yeung Hong a decent burial and adopted his son. Then, we get into all the petty (and they are petty) conflicts between Yeung Gor and Gwok Fu, in which I've always seen the two of them as sharing half the responsibility. Yeung Gor then took turns saving and plotting to murder the Gwoks, putting himself in peril either way. If you work it all out, you either become totally confused by the twists and turns or conclude that it works out about even: neither side "owed" each other anything.

Aren't you forgetting that Guo Fu poisened XLN while she was circulating her internal strength to cure a injury, thus making the poison impossible to cure by normal methods? Considering that at that point it looked like Xiang Long Nu was definitely going to die because of Guo Fu I would say that Yang Guo was beeing very generous here!

Then, we get into all the petty (and they are petty) conflicts between Yeung Gor and Gwok Fu, in which I've always seen the two of them as sharing half the responsibility.
    I'm sorry, but I have to completely disagree. What exactly did YG ever do that can remotely compare with GF cutting of his arm, and poisoning XLN so bad that she nearly died, seperating YG from XLN for 16 years in the process? Meanwhile YG had saved her life on several occasions, as well as that of the brothers Wu, and let's not forget that YG ignored many insults from GF as well.