Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DGSD (first edition) - 'The Last Chapter (Chapter 50)

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    WanyanAkut (pinyin ?)
    WanyanAkut = Wanyan Aguda in Pinyin.
    Nuchen = Jurchen

TQ TQ

ooohhhh my heart aches for Xiao Feng..... so so hard for him to choose....

Thank you everyone !

I've made the following pin yin addition :

WanyanAkut -- (WANYAN AGUDA)

Gan-Bun-Koan (YAN MEN GUAN)

And please note that everytime those Gai Bang (Beggar Union) members said "Kiau Pang-Tju" it means "Qiau BangZhu" referring to Xiao Feng's old Family name Qiau and 'Bang Zhu" means Leader or Union(gang) leader.

nice translations temujin, keep up the good work. just wanna add a few thoughts on the last chapter. qiaofeng was caught in a really bad situation. most of the time he didnt know which side to take. on the one hand is his wulin friends and sworn brothers duan yu and xu zhu. the former who although tried to kill him, have now come to rescue him. on the other side is the khitans, which his loyalty SHOULD lie, but they or rather the emperor betrayed him when he disapproved of the decision to invade song. if he fought the khitans, he would be traitor to his country, if he fought the wulin guys, he would be betraying their friendship. in the end he killed and injured quite a number of liao soldiers and even held the king hostage. he stopped a war but betrayed liao in a war. so to atone for his "sins" he killed himself. he died a hero and i dont see hw its cowardly.

one more thing to add, this guy is probably THE unluckiest guy in the jin yong universe

1. earned the position of gai bang leader through blood and sweat
    2. got kicked out of gai bang and exposed of his identity as a khitan all because he wasnt the least bit interested in mrs ma(that ****)
    3. the people that brought him up turned out to be the ones who murdered his mom and dad(hes alive thou, and wrecking havoc)
    4. got accused of murderering his adoptive parents, sifu, and a few other guys
    5. went from hero to zero overnight
    6. everyone wants to kill him
    7. was forced to massacre hundrededs of wulin fighters
    8. killed his wife by mistake cus he was too impulsive( again that **** mrs ma's fault)
    9. ended up being stuck with major pain in the *** ah zhi
    10. his sworn brother the liao emperor betrayed him
    11. torn between liao and song
    12.killed himself in the end

--------- page 15

"That's true. Let's go" replied Akut (AGUDA).

But all of a sudden, the city gate was opened outwide, thousands of Liao soldiers wearing steel-made, war body-armors, had stormed outside. Akut was cursing continously. He pulled back the string on his bow once again and started shooting, the face of one of the Liao soldiers who were attacking at the very front was hit and he fell off his horse.

The other Nuchen warriors had also released their arrows together, and they always aimed for the face. Because those Nuchen warriors' archery skills were remarkable, not to mention the tips of their arrows were covered with poison, no wonder all their targets who got hit by those arrows would immediately fall off their horses and died without making any sound at all .

In a blink of an eye, there had been hundreds of dead bodies, all mixed up with horses piling up, laying and sprawling in the front of the city gate, blocking the city gate entrance. The other Liao soldiers was so frightened and hurriedly closed the city gate. They did not dare to chase out any further.

While leading his warriors, Wanyang Akut was still guarding back and forth underneath the city wall while cursing endlessly and challenging the Liao soldiers. Obviously, he did not get any answers back from them.

"Let's go, my brother !" Siau Hong persuaded.

Akut nodded forcedfully. But he was still starring at the top of the city wall and screamed outloud "Listen to me, you Liao dogs ! Luckily none of you hurt even one hair of our Toako (big brother), so I will forgive your dog lives this time. Had you dare to try, we will level your city wall (or Fort) down to the ground and kill all of your Liao dogs !"

After he said that, he soon followed Siau Hong moving toward the West. After travelling approximately tens of Li away, they arrived on the top of a hill. Akut then jumped down from his horse, he took out a wine pouch from the horse saddle and handed it out to Siau Hong while saying "Please drink the wine, Toako."

Siau Hong also did not refuse, he lifted up that wine pouch and gulped it down until it's almost finished, then he returned it to Akut.

After Akut drank the remaning wine all up, he said "Toako, instead of going the places you don't really know, why don't go back with us to the Tiang-Pek-San (pin yin) mountain, we can hunt and drink wine all day and live freely without any concerns there."

But Siau Hong was quite familiar with Yalu Hung-Ki's personality, who was very proud and arrogant, today the Liao soldiers had been defeated until they were devastated by Wanyan Akut and his warriors, even cursed endlessly by him, there was no way Hung-Ki would just accept all these embarassment just like that, he surely would raise his army again to fight them. Although those Nuchen warriors were very agile and vagilant, but their numbers were small, and although no one could predict who would win or lose, but it's wiser if fierce battles could be avoided.

Suddenly Siau Hong remembered when he stayed a couple of months in Tian-pek-san (Mount Tian Pek, pin yin ?) a while ago, at the time, other than busy trying to heal A Tji (AH ZI), it could be said that he had no other worries, and even better, he did not think about worldly position and wealth at all. And if he could live with the Nuchen tribes in future then all the problems or aggrevation could be avoided.

Then he replied "My brother, those wulin fighters from Mainland had come so far here because they wanted to help me. So let me accompany them to Gan-Bun-Koan (YAN MEN GUAN) first, then after that, I will come back here to unite with my Nuchen brothers."

---------- end of page 15
    Last edited by Temujin; 10-22-04 at 08:39 AM.

--------- page 16

"Great !" exclaimed Akut with joy. "If that's the case then let me just wait for you at the front over there. Those Mainland fighters sounded too finicky and chances are they are not good people, therefore I feel reluctant to get to know them."

Aftter finishing his sentence, he excused himself and led his warriors toward the North.

Looking at how those Nuchen warriors came and left like fast, swift wind and extremely agile, secretly those Mainland fighters thought that those Nuchen warriors were more even skillful than those Liao people.

"Fortunately, they are friends of Kiau-pangtju, otherwise off course this whole incident is going to get even worse."

By now, all of the little groups among those Mainland fighters have united together into one group, they were discussing about the fierce battle situation outside the city of Lamkhia just a short while ago.

Siau Hong then paid his respect to those wulin fighters, he said "Thank you so much for your kind help that does not think about Siau Hong's sins from the past, on the other hand, you have come so far here to rescue me, this noble virtue is very difficult to pay back for the rest of my life."

"Ahhh, why did Kiau-Pangtju (Qiau BangZhu) say that way ?" replied Hian-To as the leader of all Mainland fighters who still considered Siau Hong as Gai Bang Bang Zhu (Leader of Gai Pang), and still held the Kiau (QIAO) surname. "Whereas whatever happened in the past was only because of merely a misunderstanding. Furthermore, we are all members of Wulin and therefore we ought to help each other whenever there are any difficulties. And also, Kiau Pangtju had voluntarily sacrificed your supreme position in the kingdom of Liao in order to protect the safety of millions of the Mainland people, for all these chivalrous deed we must utter our thanks to Kiau-Pangtju."

Hoan Hwa (FAN HUA) followed by saying "My most respected Eng-Hiong (Ying Xiong - heroes), in my opinion, perhaps the Liao army will not take this loss lightly and with their defeat a short while ago, they will still be coming to chase us. Does any of our friends here have different opinions ?"

Many of the Mainland heroes simultanenously yelled "If the enemy soldiers dare to chase us, let's pound at them again, why should we be afraid ?"

"The problem is not about being afraid or not." replied Hoan Hwa, "but the number of enemy soldiers is too significant and our number is too small in comparison, if we fight them on this flat land then it will not be too advantageous for us. Therefore, in my opinion, it's better if we retreat to the West first. Firstly, because our distance will be closer to the Song army and if necessary, perhaps we will be given some assistance. Other than that, the further away the enemy soldiers from chasing us, consequently the number of enemy soldiers will be more spreaded out and smaller, and as such, we can find a chance to fight them back."

Those wulin heroes declared their agreement. Immediately Hi-Tiok (XU ZHU) led his Leng-Tjiu-Kiong members as the front line, followed by Toan Ki (DUAN YU) with his top fighters from Dali, and finally Hian-To with the rest of the Mainland fighters, while Siau Hong led his kay-Pang (Gai Bang) followers to fortify them from the back.

Each of those four forces of fighters kept their distance at one - two Li apart, while the courriers with their horses continued to informed them with news back and forth, so that if there was any enemies on sight, they could help each other.

After travelling quite a distance for one whole day, they rested overnight in the outfield, fortunately, after the night has passed, they could not detect any Liao soldiers in sight, so gradually their worries had diminished.

The next morning, they continued their journey. Siau Hong, who was always accompanied by A Tji (AH ZI) tried to ask that girl

"Does the young man surnamed Yu (YOU - refering to YOU TAN ZHI) still live in Leng-Tjiu-Kiong (LING JIU GONG) ?"

--------- end of page 16
    Last edited by Temujin; 10-25-04 at 08:42 AM.

More translation

Another page before the Weekend

The tragedy at Yan Men Guan is getting closer and closer

------------- page 17

A Tji (Ah ZI) pouted her small mouth and said "Who knows ? He surely is still there. Both of his eyes have gone blind, how can he leave that steep and dangerous mountainous area ?" It was evident that from her tone of voice, she did not have any feeling of care toward Yu Goan-Tji (YOU TAN ZHI) who had voluntarily sacrificed his two eyes for that maiden.

By high noon, they had arrived in Pek-Lok-Po (pin yin ?), a little town on the bottom of the Ngo-Tay-San (pin yin ?) mountain. There, the fighters set up their camps and took a rest.

Hoan Hwa (FAN HUA) was really an Expert in the art of war strategy and formation, throughout the way he had left groups of vagilant fighters to guard important and strategic posts, if there were bridges, then they would destroy them to slow down the enemy soldiers if they were trying to catch up with them.

On the third day, suddenly a heavy smoke rising toward the sky could be seen on the East. Obviously, it was a sign that the Liao soldiers were chasing toward their direction.

Looking at this new development, those Wulin fighters had once again became very nervous. There were some fighters who tried to boast and liked to fight, so at once, they turned around toward the opposite direction to assist those little groups that were strategically placed by Hoan Hwa, but Hian-To and Hoan Hwa had already stopped them before they even proceeded with their idea.

That night those Wulin fighters spent the night on the slope of a mountain. By the middle of the night, they were suddenly surprised by the screaming voice of people being shocked. At once, they had awaken from their sleeps and prepared their own weapons.

It turned out that there was a high flame seen on the North, no one knew what was burning that would cause such a massive fire.

Siau Hong and Hoan Hwa took a glance at each other, silently they both felt that something bad was going to happen.

"Siau-tayong, in your opinion, isn't this a sign that the Liao soldiers are turning around from that direction to strike us here ?" asked Hoan Hwa.

"The king of Liao had made a vow to attack the Kingdom of Song and currently they are mobilizing their collosal armed forces with all they have ever had, we can say that this is part of their forces from the North side." replied Siau Hong.

"Aiya ! Who knows how much possessions and how many innocent lives of the common people have been sacrificed by that high burning flame !" Hoan Hwa sighed.

Siau Hong did not want to say any words that would belittle Yalu Hung-Ki, whom he still considered as his Swornbrother, but on the other hand, he was well-aware of the King of Liao's personality, because he had been beaten and devastated by the Nuchen warriors' attacks obviously Hung-Ki felt dissatisfied so that all his efforts to take a revenge had been directed toward innocent common people. Surely the army that he had raised this time would not consider the word 'mercy' anymore, whenever they saw anyone they would kill them and burn down their houses.

The blaze of tremendous fire still had not calmed down even after the daybreak had arrived, and by the evening, another high flames could been seen on the South. Underneath the sunlight, the light from the burning fire wasn't that obvious, however the thick smoke was seen rising through the clouds.

Actually Hian-To was supposed to lead the Mainland fighters in the front, but when he saw the burning flame on the South, he immediately stopped his horse and waited along the sidewalk of the street. After Siau Hong was near, he then asked "Kiau Pang-tju, the Liao soldiers have surrounded us from three different directions, do you think Gan-Bun-Koan (YAN MEN GUAN) can still be defended ?....

----------- end of page 17
    Last edited by Temujin; 10-25-04 at 08:45 AM.

|n A|3C's Heart 0=) Title: A|3C's #1 Fan!

50 chapters i thought only got 40 ??? i am confused
    Alyssa Lastest Series : ( Phantom lovers)

Fave Actresses : Alyssa , Ma su , Florance Tan , Gao Yuan Yuan , Jessica Hester Hsuan

Favourite Actors: Alec Su , Louis Koo , Aaron Kwok , Jimmy Lin

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Dreamsky
    50 chapters i thought only got 40 ??? i am confused
    The original novel in Chinese has 50 chapters in total.

There are only 40 episodes in Mainland's DGSD 2003 adaptation, some scenes were apparently either cut or shortened to accomodate 40 episodes limit.
    Last edited by Temujin; 10-25-04 at 03:07 PM.

Another page, more than 50% has been translated now

-------------- page 18

….. I have sent someone to inform a quick, important news to Gan-Bun-Koan (YAN MEN GUAN), however, I'm afraid that the General who is in charged with the fort might be too intimidated and doesn't have any will to fight, it would be very hard to defend the calavaries attack of the Khitan's soldiers."

Siau Hong was dead silence, he felt difficult to answer this statement.

Then Hian-To followed "It seems like only the Nuchen warriors can withstand the mighty Khitan's soldiers. Someday, if the our Kingdom of Song make a pact with the Nuchen tribe, by pressing them from the North and South, maybe we can force the Khitan people to think twice and apprehend them from attacking to the South."

Siau Hong knew what that Shaolin Temple's monk wanted, which was for him to contact the leader of Nuchen tribe, Wanyan Akut (WANYAN AGUDA). But realizing that he himself was a Khitan person, how could he make a pact with another race to attack his own race and his own country ?

To change the sensitive subject, he suddenly asked "Hian-To Taysu, how's my father doing in your majestic Shaolin Temple ?"

Hian-To was dumbstruck, he answered "Kiau-pangtju's (QIAO BANGZHU) Dad has accepted's Buddha's kindness in his life and will dedicate himself in the back pavillion of Shaolin Temple, our departure this time was not informed to your Dad so that he would not be worry of the situation."

"I really want to meet him and ask him about something." said Siau Hong.

"Oh…" Hian-To stopped his answer, not continuing any further.

"I would like to ask him : if the Liao army were to attack Shaolin Temple, what kind of action would he had taken ?" said Siau Hong

"Off course he would rise up and kill the enemy, defend his religion and save the temple, what's there to be doubtful about it ?" replied Hian To.

"Nonetheless my father is a Khitan person, would he agree to defend the Han people and kill his own race ?"

Hian To pondered for a moment, then he said "Pang Tju turned out to be a Khitan person who has left the darkness and walking toward the way of enlightenment, it is truly respectful and worthy of praise."

"Taysu (You monk) is a Han person who always think that Han people are the enlightened ones and the Khitan people are the people in darkness. On the other hand, our Khitan race always perceive the glorious Kingdom of Liao as the enlightened one and the Kingdom of Song is the evil one. In addition, our anchestors had suffered a lot, we were chased out and murdered by the Sianbi (pinyin ?) race and others so that we had desperately tried to run away all over the place to survive, this suffering was very hard to describe in words. When your Tong's (pinyin) kingdom reigned in the Mainland, the Han people's martial arts were improving tremendously, and because of that there was a lot of our Khitan heroes who become the victims again, not small in numbers, and a lot of our women were kidnapped and taken away. Now, your Han people's martial arts have degressed a lot, so inversedly our Khitan people have been killing your people. If both sides were continously killing each other like this, when will this cycle end ?"

--------- end of page 18

|n A|3C's Heart 0=) Title: A|3C's #1 Fan!

GOOD WORK Dude. Keep it Up
    Alyssa Lastest Series : ( Phantom lovers)

Fave Actresses : Alyssa , Ma su , Florance Tan , Gao Yuan Yuan , Jessica Hester Hsuan

Favourite Actors: Alec Su , Louis Koo , Aaron Kwok , Jimmy Lin

--------- page 19

Hian-To sighed "If only all of the emperors and conquerors all over the world believe in Buddhism which puts emphasize on love of other living beings, and only when this happens then there would be no wars or humans killing each other in this world."

"Yes, who would know when this world could become a safe and peaceful place to live ?" replied Siau Hong

Those wulin heroes kept continuing their journey toward the West. They saw that in the East, South, and North direction, the Liao soldiers continued the masacres of innocent, common people and burning everything that stood in their ways, whether it was during nightime or daytime. With disgusts, they were cursing at their enemies' barbaric acts and swore that they would fight the enemy soldiers until the last drop of blood they had.

"Those Liao soldiers are getting closer and closer, at the end there will no way for us to keep on retreating." said Huan Hwa.

"In my opinion, it is better if we just spread out so that the enemy soldiers will get confused which direction they should chase us to."

"But if we were to use that kind of tactics, doesn't it mean that we have admitted defeat ?" said Go-tianglo (WU ELDER) from Kay-pang (GAI BANG). "Hoan-Suma (referring to Hoan-To), please don't think highly of the enemy's strength and mock our own forces. In short, whether we are going win or lose, we still have to strike those Liao dogs with all our strength."

After saying the last sentence, suddenly a twirzling sound was heard, an arrow had struck from the Southeast direction and evidently one of the Kay-Pang's five-pockets ranked Seniors was hit by that arrow. Collapsed. Followed by by a legion of Liao soldiers suddenly appeared from behind the hill and began attacking them while screaming.

It turned out that this legion of Liao soldiers had caught up with them by taking the shortcuts, the number of soldiers in this legion was about 500 soldiers.

"Attack !" Go-tianglo yelled and immediately launched forward to strike the enemy soldiers.

Evidently, these Mainland heroes had supressed their anger and vengeance since a long time ago, at this time they were able to release all their anger and frustration, at once, they had attacked the enemy soldiers with tremendous intensity. Because of overwhelming number of these mainland heroes greatly outnumbered the Liao soldiers, not to mention that their martial arts skills were higher, so in the middle of those intense screams and yells, those Liao soldiers were totally destroyed into a complete mess, as if they were easily chopping off a piece of watermelon or effortlessly cutting up vegetables. In an instance, those 500 Liao soldiers had been wiped out by the Mainland heroes.

There were tens of Bu-su Khitans trying to go up the hill to run away but they were also caught by the Mainland fighters with high-level ginkang (hinggong) and completely masacred.

After they had won this battle, those fighters cheered joyfully, their spirits were rising more enormously.

But Hoan-Hwa said silently to Hian-To, Hi-Tiok, Toan Ki and several other leaders "The legion of soliders that we have just destroyed were just a small legion of Liao army, after this confrontation, the stronger Liao army will surely storm us here soon, Let's retreat to the West !"

Just after he finished talking, suddenly a thunderous sound could be heard from the East. When the heroes looked toward that direction, they could see dust whiffing so high in the horizon like an overcast cloud that covered up the entire sky.

At once those mainland fighters could only blankly stare at each other, the entire group was overwhelmed with complete silence, the only sound that could be heard was the thunderous sound that kept on getting more and more boisterous from afar. It was evident that it was the sound of the core Liao soldiers who were simultaneously pressing forward to attack toward their direction. From the terrifying sound, their numbers could be in hundreds of thousands.

--------- end of page 19
    Last edited by Temujin; 11-30-04 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    From the terrifying sound, their numbers could be in hundreds of millions.
    Sorry, this is supposed to be 'in hundreds of thousands.'
    I've just fixed it

more....... more...........

To those who are waiting impatiently:

I've been very busy with work lately and haven't had a chance to do any translation at all. Hopefully, I can update several more pages soon.

thank you thank you *waiting anxiously*

--------- page 20

Those wulin fighters had gone through many fierce battles in Jiang Hu world, but the thunderous sound of the Liao army who are chasing them like at this moment, had never been heard by them. Compared with the battles outside the city of LamKhia, off course the strength of the current approaching Liao army was much more powerful and quite unpredictable. Facing such an unavoidable battle in front of their eyes, all of these figthers became extremely worried and anxious.

Hoan Hwa (FAN HUA) immediately exclaimed "Gentlemen, the enemy's strength is too enormous, instead of dying in vain, it's better for us to avoid them for time being, as long as the mountains are still green, we should not worry about lacking the burnt wood. Let's retreat to find the right chance to attack them back."

Immediately, the wulin fighters galloped their horses quickly toward the West direction. They heard the thunderous sound still increasing behind them without stopping.

They did not take a rest overnight, and by the daybreak they almost reach Gan-Bun-Koan (YAN MEN GUAN). Those wulin fighters kicked their horses to run faster and faster. They hoped that as soon as they passed through the fort (or wall at Yan Men Guan), it would be much harder for the Liao army to attack through that fort that was the border between the two Kingdoms.

Along the way, a lot of their horses were dying due to fatiqueness, so some of the figthers were forced to run relying primarily on their ginkang (hinggong) and some were forced to ride the horses with two riders on top.

When day had brightened up further, their distance to Gan-Bun-Koan was only tens of Li (Chinese unit of distance measurement) away, so they were quite relieved. They jumped down from their horses and started walking to give their horses a chance to recuperate their exhaustion. On the other hand, the thunderous sound of the approaching enermous Liao soldiers had not diminished at all, actually it was getting extremely louder.

Siau Hong walked toward the side of one of the hills. Suddenly, he saw a large rock standing in front of him. His heart was saddened. He suddenly remembered that this was the place where Hian-Tju (Shaolin Abbot, father of Xu Zhu, forgot his pinyin) and Ong-Pangtju (pin yin) led the wulin fighters to ambush his Dad and killed him Mom.

When he turned around, he saw the sight of the weapon cravings on the rock wall still looked very prominent. It was the site of the cravings that was left by his Dad, which was later on wiped out by Hian-Tju (Shaolin Abbot).

Siao Hong slowly looked again, he saw there was a tree beside the rock wall. And it was as if his ears were still able to hear the linger of A Tju's (AH ZHU) voice, who in the past, was hiding in the back of that tree. "Kiau-toaya (Master Qiau) please don't hit again, otherwise this hill will be destroyed by your strikes."

He was just lingering there for a brief moment, suddenly the soft and gentle voice of A Tju (AH ZHU) was reverberatting in his mind…

"I have been waiting for you here for five days and five nights, I am so worried that you would never come. But…. You have finally come. Many thanks to Thian (Tian - Heaven) who is so generous and kind-hearted, at last you have come safely."

Subconciously, Siau Hong's tears were falling from his eyes, he approached that tree and started touching it. He noticed that the tree had become a lot more taller than during the time when he met A Tju before. Siau Hong's heart was full with pain, undescribable by words. For a moment, he had forgotten what was happening around him.

Suddenly, there was a loud yell from someone "Tjihu (Brother in Law), let's run, let's retreat !" -- Followed by A Tji (AH ZI) who grabbed him and pulled on his sleeves away.

---------- end of page 20
    Last edited by Temujin; 11-30-04 at 07:32 PM.

-------- page 21

When Siau Hong (XIAO FENG)lifted up his head, he saw that in the East, North, and South were flooded with the Liao soldiers with their spears pointing upwards like a dense bamboo forest. It was then evident that those Liao army were closing in their beseigement on them.

Siau Hong nodded, then he said "Ok, let's retreat inside Gan-Bun-Koan (YAN MEN GUAN)."

At this time, the other Mainland heroes had already reached the front gate of Gan Bun Koan, but when Siau Hong and A Tji (AH ZI) got there, the front gate of that defensive fort was still tightly closed. One could see that their faces were full with the feeling of anger and anxiety.

On the top of the fort, a Military officer from Song army was standing and he was shouting with a loud voice "As commanded by Thio-TjiangKun (pin yin ??) who is the Commander of Gan Bun Koan fort fortifying army, if you are the citizens of Mainland, you should be allowed to enter the fort, but how do we know if there were some enemy spies among you, therefore it has been decided that you had to drop all your weapons and to be inspected one by one. It's obvious that there were many of you, so that with Thio-Tjiangkun's kind heart, you will then be allowed to enter the fort."

At once, those wulin fighters were bursting with anger after hearing the words from that military officers. One of them said "This is totally unacceptable. We had been running away this far and fought the enemies with all our power, and as soon as we get here, they are suspecting us as the enemy spies."

"Yes, it's because we are all carrying weapons in order to help our friends to fight the Liao army. If our weapons are confiscated, how are we going to fight the enemy soldiers ?" said another fighter.

There were even other wulin fighters who were more thick-headed. They started cursing "Ridicilous ! After we fought with our heart and soul, not only we didn't get any praises but on the other hand, they were suspicious of us without any reasons. Are they for real that we are not allowed to enter the fort or should we just attack the fort together ?"

To make the matter less complicated, Hian-To immediately prevented the heroes from making further nasty comments. He then replied back to the Military officer "Please be kind enough to give report to Thio-Tjiangkun that we are all Song citizens, who are loyal and fighting for our country here. The enemy soldiers will arrive here in a matter of seconds, if you have to investigate and search us one by one, then it might be very dangerious and too late for our safety."

Unfortunately, the military officer had heard all the frustated cursing and mocking from the heroes earlier, not to mention that he saw there were a lot of fighters from Hian To's group who wore different uniforms which were different than the common uniforms worn by people in the Mainland, so the military officer asked again "Old Monk, you said that you were all loyal Song citizens, but I see that a lot of your followers who look different than our Mainland people ? Nonetheless, it's not a problem, I will show a little bit of leneancy, those who are real Song citizens will be allowed to enter, however those who are not, will be forbidden from entering the fort."

For a moment, those wulin fighters were just starring at each other with extreme aggrevations. As one should have imagined, that all of Toan Ki's (DUAN YU) followers were the citizens of Dali Kingdom, while the followers of Hi Tiok (XU ZHU) were even more various, they were mixed-bags, a mixture of many ethnicity, some of them were Se-Ek (pinyin ?) people, another were Se He (pin yin ?) people, Turfan people (pinyin ? This is the country where Jiu Mozi were from), Koreans and many other ethnic backgrounds. If at that moment, only the Song citizens were allowed to enter the fort, then it meant that a majority of Dali Kingdom's citizens and Leng-Tjiu Kiong warriors would not be able to go inside the fort.

------------ end of page 21

A quick note

If you can't wait until I fully translated the entire chapter, which only has 14 pages left in this case, you can go to Yon's translation from the second edition Korean version. I believe her translation starts from around page 21 (above) of my translation.

However, since her translation comes from the Korean version second edition, there are some differences in the dialogues, as you would probably notice. Additionally, her translation uses Korean names, which could be confusing if you have been following my translation, which uses names in Hokkianese, with references in pinyin names.

Finally, I'm trying to finish this whole chapter before December 31, 2004.
    Last edited by Temujin; 12-06-04 at 01:52 PM.