Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DGSD (first edition) - 'The Last Chapter (Chapter 50)

i've been looking for this translation. i guess demigods semidevils 2003 is not that faithful to the novel then, but at least they got some parts right.

i looked at the other translation from Korean version, the names are confusing and it is too roughly translated.

i'm waiting eagerly for your next update

Temujin , I want to thank you for the great job you are douing.... Wonderful new year present if you finish by dec 31 .. anyway I enjoy reading it ANY time of the year

-------- page 22

Hian-To was left without choice, so he pleaded again "Please Tjiangkun (pin yin ?) reconsider it again, there are a lot of our friends here who are Dali citizens, Se He citizens and others, they all had helped us fighting with the Liao kingdom, so they are our friends not foes, why do you have to differenciate between who are the Song citizens and who aren't ?"

It happened to be that Toan Ki's (DUAN YU) mission to the Northern region this time had been kept as a highly classified secret, he didn't want anyone to know that he was the Emperor of the Dali kingdom to prevent against any surprised attempts to attack his country by the Kingdom of Song and there was also a possibility that he might be trapped and kidnapped, and used as a hostage. Therefore when Hian To replied he never mentioned about having a very important figure within the group of heroes there.

So then the Military officer once again answered with a bitter voice "Gun-Bun-Koan is a the most important gate in the Northern part of the Song Empire. This spot is the primary key of our country's safety. Please look, the Liao army has arrived here like with their vast army, if I easily just open this gate then it would mean I'm giving an opportunity for the Liao soldiers to enter through this fort, then who would be responsible of the potential disaster in the future ?"

Go-Tianglo (WU ELDER) was extremely irritated to hear this statement, he couldn’t stand it anymore, so then he yelled back "Why are you just blurbing all these nonsense and haven't opened the gate for us ? Had you opened the gate from a moment ago, then we would have been inside the fort by now and there wouldn't be any disaster as well ?"

The Military Officer became exasperated, and reviled "You, dumb old beggar, how dare you carelessly farted in front of your supreme leader ?" -- And once he gave out a sign, there were thousands of archers concurrently emerged on top of the fort with their arrows already pulled-back on their bows, aiming at them underneath the fort.

"Well, it's better if you all just retreat, hurry up ! If you are nagging endlessly again and cause our soldiers' morale to be in shambles, I will immediately command them to release the arrows" said the Military officer threatening.

Hian-To took a long gasp and felt helpless talking to that thicked-headed and hard-to-negotiate Military officer.

At this time, those Mainland fighters were in the middle of Gan Bun Koan pass, Both sides of that fort were steep mountainous canyons rising to the heaven. That was the reason why it was named Gan-Bun Koan (YAN MEN GUAN) or 'The Fortress Gate of the Grouse' as its fabled nickname to describe how dangerous that pass was in which even though a grouse that wanted to fly to the South had no other choice than to fly along the high and steep mountainous canyons.

Among the Mainland fighters and heroes, there were quite large number of them who were top-notch Martial Artists with high ginkang (hinggong - lightness of Kungfu) techniques, so it would be quite easy for them to ascend the mountains and pass through the other side of the mountain to escape from the enemies, but the majority of these respectable fighters were nonetheless wouldn't be able to survive from the potential annihilation by the outpouring Liao soldiers who would arrive there shortly.

In the mean time, the Liao soldiers were getting nearer and nearer, it was only because they were obstructed by the the natural, extraordinary mountainous obstacles that they had to compulsively tighten their beseigement from the left and right direction and at the end, they had to concentrate all their forces into one centered flank continously pressing forward. The sound of the drums kept one droning, hurting the ears. At this time, the only sound that could be heard was the sound of the war drums, the sound of the galloping horses mixed with the daunting sound of the Liao soldiers' armored wardrobes, and the whiring sound of the flags and banners that were blown by the wind. On the other hand, not a sound of a human being was heard. One could just imagine how extremely assertive and greatly disciplines those powerful Liao soldiers were.

---------- end of page 22
    Last edited by Temujin; 12-12-04 at 07:38 PM.

The following pinyin references (english terms translation) have been added :

Lam-ih Tay-Ong - The Prince of the Southern Region, XIAO FENG himself

Kiau Tay-Ong - Prince Xiao

Lamkhia - Nanjing

-------- page 23

One contingent by one contingent, those Liao soldiers kept on pressing forward heading toward Gan-Bun-Koan. When they were about one-arrow-hit distance, the lines of contingents stopped. As far as the eyes could see, one could only see the overwhelming banners blown by the wind and the sparkling reflection of their weapons. One could just wonder how many of those soldiers had come to this location today.

Looking at the emergency of this situation, Siau Hong (XIAO FENG) felt that he could not stay quiet anymore. He immediately yelled aloud "My brothers and friends, please stay where you are and don't make any suspicious moves, let Tjayhe (me, myself) talk to the Liao Emperor in private." -- Disregarding Toan Ki (DUAN YU) and A Tji (AH ZI) who prevented him from doing so, he turned his horse around and galloped expediously toward the Liao army direction.

Siau Hong raised up both of his arms straight above his head as a sign that he did not carry any weapons with him. Then he yelled as loud as he could "My most-honorable your highness, Siau Hong would like to have a little chat with you. Would you please be kind enough to show yourself up to the front!"

When he yelled this time he was using his extremely powerful inner power, so that his voice could travel at a very long distance. It could be said that among the hundred thousands of soldiers including the high-ranked military officers, not one of them did not hear his voice loud and clear. Subconciously, the faces of every single Qidan person in that vast army changed color.

After some time had passed, suddenly the sound of humming drums and trumpets could be heard coming from the middle section of the Liao army, the hundreds of thousands Liao soldiers simultaneously seperated themselves to both sides as if the waves moving to two opposite directions. And then there could be seen eight fluttering banners in yellowish golden color blown by the wind and held by eight warriors on running horse-backs toward the frontline.

Behind the eight warriors with the eight yellowish golden banners, legions of soldiers carrying their spears, sabres and axes, bows and arrows, and shields followed. As soon as they reached the frontline, these legions of soldiers suddenly divided themselves into two different group toward the two sides. Then a large number of generals wearing their extravagant war bodyarmors could be seen guarding Yalu Hung-Ki (YELUI HONG JI - The King of Liao) proceeding to the frontline.

At once, those Liao soldiers were cheering for their Emperor "Banswe ! Banswe ! (Wan Shue - Long Live, Long Live ((The King)))." The rumbling sounds of the Liao soldiers in jubilation were so tumultuous that the whole valleys seemed to be shattering and the earth was shaking.

Looking at how earth-shattering the enemies were, obviously the Song soldiers who were guarding Gan-Bun-Kuan became petrified and nervous.

When Yalu Hung-Ki suddenly lifted up his treasured sabre, instantineously the rumbling sound of the Liao soldiers stopped. The whole valley became dead silent. With the exception of the noises coming from the horses, there was no other sound that could be heard at all.

When Yalu Hung-Ki put down his treasured sabre, suddenly he said to Siau Hong "Siau-Tayong (PRINCE XIAO), My kind Siau-Hiante (Xiao Feng), you told me that you would take the Liao army inside the fort, why hasn't the gate been opened at this point yet ?"

Hearing the inquiring statement from Yalu Hung-Ki, immediately the language translator who was stationed on top the fort translated the meaning of the statements to Thio-Tjiangkun, who was the appointed general to guard Gan-Bun-Koan (YAN MEN GUAN).

Naturally, the Song soldiers, who were at the top of the fort, were clamoring, together, they were cursing and swearing at Siau Hong.

Siau Hong understood what the purpose of Yalu Hung-Ki's statement was. It was done purposedly to cause the mistrust on him and so that he would be suspected by the Song army, so as that the Song army would be discouraged from opening the gate of Yan Men Guan fort and not letting the Mainland fighters inside.

------------ end of page 23
    Last edited by Temujin; 12-13-04 at 07:22 PM.

Get ready for the CLIMAX of DemiGods & SemiDevils novel.

On the next page (page 24), we will see Duan Yu and Xu Zhu in action. The upcoming few pages will show you how DY's and XZ's martial arts level have improved, and at their peak. They will singlehandedly destroyed and penetrated through the Liao army baricades and capture the Liao Emperor.

On page 29, the unevitable tragedy will happens.

Hold your breath everyone

----- page 24

Siau Hong immediately hopped off his horse, then he stepped forward while saying "Your Highness, Siau Hong felt that I have betrayed your kind virtue so that your highness yourself had to lead your army into the battlefield, it can be said that my sins are truly unmeasurable."

Just when he only finished saying these words, suddenly two human shadows were flashing by both of his sides. The two shadows were amazingly fast like lightning, and continued to lunge toward Yalu Hung-Ki. It turned out that they were Hi Tiok (XU ZHU) and Toan Ki (DUAN YU).

Apparently, those two brothers saw the possible unfavorable premonition about the situation, and they decided to take immediate action first by capturing the Liao emperor as a hostage. By doing so, they would had secured the safety of many innocent lives. Therefore once they gave the signals to each other, they both instantly attacked forward in a unison from the left and right direction.

When he was about to proceed in front of Liao army to meet Siau Hong, Yalu Hung-ki had figured out the possibility of his Swornbrother using the same tricks as when Siau Hong stopped the rebellion and took the young King Tjho-Ong (pin yin ?) and his son into hostages at front line before, therefore Yalu HungKi had been well-prepared for this affair today.

So, It turned out to be true. Once he gave out the signal, at once, about 300 soldiers with shields suddenly surrounded forward, guarding him. The 300 shields were just like an extremely collosal steel wall which protected Yalu Hung-Ki in front of him. There were even more guards who were experts in spears, axes, suddenly lined up in front of the shield formation.

Nonetheless, the Hi-Tiok (XU ZHU) of today wasn't the same as the one from the past anymore, he had been given pure martial arts lessons from both Thian San Tong Lo (Tian San Tong Lao) and Li Djiu-Sui (Li Qiu Shi), he had also enhanced himself with all the martial arts instruction from the cravings on the wall of Leng-Tjiu-Kiong. To measure how high his martial arts level at this moment was like saying that he's incomparable*** and he was able to perform as he pleased in any type of situation.

*** I didn't check this against the Chinese version, I hope I'm using the right word by saying 'incomparable' but the Indonesian translated version said his martial arts basically has reached a level in which he's now... peerless, matchless, without any comparison

Whereas Toan Ki (DUAN YU) of the present, was also different than Toan Ki from the past, he had arsorbed all of Tjiumoti's (JIU MOZHI) pure inner energy, how powerful his Lwekang (nei gong) was is also immeasurable. Not to mention had he performed his magical stepping techniques Leng-Po-Wi-Poh (Ling Bu Wei Bo), even if the defense was as tight as steel, he would still be able to penetrate through them. ***

*** I believe the second edition mentioned that Duan Yu at this time was able to control his Liu Mai Shen Jian anyway he likes, but will have to double check in the future

So then by slippping through in one direction and penetrating through another direction in an extremely fast and swift manner, Toan Ki had forced himself forward overcoming soldiers armed with spears and axes, as long as there were even little tiny openings, he was always able to penetrate through them.

Those Liao soldiers had instantly tried to use their weapons to stab and slash, but their actions were just hurting themselves, not only did they missed hitting Toan Ki, on the other hand, because the distance among them were too close, as a result almost all of their attacks hit their own friends.

As far as Hi Tiok (XU ZHU) was concerned, he was also quickly put himself in action, both of his hands were swooping to the left and to the right, as long as there were Liao soldiers whom he was able to grab on, he would follow by throwing them over the large human shields (or the formation that was guarding the King). While tossing the soldiers around, he kept on forcing his way through forward into Yalu Hung-Ki's direction.

All of a sudden, two Qidan soldiers lunged forward, both of their spears were simultaniously thrusted forward aiming at Hi-Tiok's chest. Effortlessly, Hi-Tiok jumped up, both of his legs stepped on the tips of their spears. Those two soldiers were cursing while swinging their spears with the intention of trying to tip Hi-Tiok over to the ground. But by borrowing the counter-force of the enemies' spears, Hi-Tiok continued to float upward and to finally descend toward the direction of Yalu Hung-Ki's head.

--------- end of page 24
    Last edited by Temujin; 12-14-04 at 03:44 PM.

are you going to continue the translation ?

i thought you promised us to finish it by the end of 2004.

I will not be able to translate further probably at least until February.

Sorry to say

nice work, so tvb actually changed a lot of the original storyline. wish this translation could be faster. take your time temujin.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    ----- page 24
    Nonetheless, the Hi-Tiok (XU ZHU) of today wasn't the same as the one from the past anymore, he had been given pure martial arts lessons from both Thian San Tong Lo (Tian San Tong Lao) and Li Djiu-Sui (Li Qiu Shi), he had also enhanced himself with all the martial arts instruction from the cravings on the wall of Leng-Tjiu-Kiong. To measure how high his martial arts level at this moment was like saying that he's incomparable*** and he was able to perform as he pleased in any type of situation.

*** I didn't check this against the Chinese version, I hope I'm using the right word by saying 'incomparable' but the Indonesian translated version said his martial arts basically has reached a level in which he's now... peerless, matchless, without any comparison
    --------- end of page 24
    I think it meant that no situation was unfavourable or detrimental for him. Describing Xu Zhu as incomparable was too vague especially with Sweeper Monk around.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Hanky Panky; 01-15-05 at 06:20 PM.

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FoieGras
    are you going to continue the translation ?

i thought you promised us to finish it by the end of 2004.

You can read the complete last chapter of TLBB (2nd edition) in English (but with Korean names because it is translated from Korean) but you must first register (free) yourself at:

http://wuxiaworld.org/forum//index.p...topic=901&st=0

Look for 'translations' /Last chapter of Dgsd

You can also find chapter one of Lu Xiao Feng Book 4 there.
    Last edited by Du Gu seeking a win; 01-24-05 at 08:52 AM.

nice job why don't u try to translate the whole book?
    Last edited by Felipe; 01-30-05 at 08:56 PM.

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    nice job why don't u try to translate the whole book?

You should ask the site owner, not me. Btw about your question, try translating a part from JY's chapter (although only in French) then you won't ask somebody such dumb questions like translating a whole JY book.

you're too rude. I won't even try argue 'couse it seems you think too much of yourself and it'll be the same as i I as arguing with a wall. I was talking to Temujin. Isn't he who is translatin it? and I don't know where you got the idea I know french... you have serius problems guy, I've seem some posts of yours, your nose reach the clouds, and you doesn't even recognize when you're wrong. Say sorry is not shamefull at all. By the way there are some people that actualy ARE translating JY and GL novels, you should know better than me. I was just praising Temujin's translation and effort. With will even you can understand it: he is doing a nice job, it would be great if he could do the whole book do you want me to drawn it for you?
    So if you don't have anything interesting to say or don't know how to make a critc in a way that we can discuss and maybe improve (together or oneside) you just shut up and keep ur opinion to yourself.

I can't believe, you're so lovely

sorry for grammar errors, I'm still studying english... not talk about french

Sorry Temujin for this in the thread... just defending myself, gess u undertand thankz again for the nice work...
    Last edited by Felipe; 01-31-05 at 03:46 PM.

temujin, its already february now, are you going to translate more ?

To Filipe and Hanky Panky,

Thank you for the comments

To Du Gu and Filipe,

Take it easy guys...
    Let's try to have fun here

To Chickenfeet,

So sorry, but I have been busy with work since January.

The wait is over. I was able to translate another two pages.

Enjoy

-------- page 25

So one was as sliperry as an eel and the other one was as fast as a flying bird, within no time at all Toan Ki (DUAN YU) and Hi Tiok (XU ZHU) had attacked very near the Liao Emperor.

Obviously this surprised Hung-Ki (HONG JI - The Liao Emperor), so he quickly raised his treasured sabre and made a slash move toward Hi Tiok, who was descending from the sky.

But from above, Hi Tiok had already streched out his hands and blocked the treasure sabre, and at the same time, his entire body soon landed down from the sky and he followed by another hand strike, in quick succession, Hung Ki's right wrist was already seized by him.

At the exact same time, Toan Ki (DUAN YU) had already penetrated through the Liao soldiers and had been able to grab on Hung-Ki's left hand.

"Follow us !" commanded by Toan Ki and Hi Tiok simultaneously. Immediately, they both lifted up Hung-Ki's body from his horse saddle and leaped forward, running with him as if they were flying above the ground.

In the middle of all the shocking loud screams and anxieties, the crowded Liao soldiers and military officers became a total chaos because their Emperor had been captured by the enemies. There were several of Hung Ki's personal guards who tried to chase them forward trying to help, but everyone of them were kicked and knocked off by Hi-Tiok and Toan Ki.

Because they had successfully seized the Liao Emperor, Hi Tiok and Toan Ki were extremely pleased with themselves beyond words. Then suddenly, they saw Siau Hong (XIAO FENG) had flew toward their direction, simultaneously they exclaimed "Toako! (Oldest Brother)"

Unexpectedly, Siau Hong suddenly moved both of his palms in a unison and at the same time he attacked both of his sworn brothers. Consequently, Hi Tiok and Toan Ki were shocked, as they could see that the impact of Siau Hong's palm strikes were so powerful as if it could split the mountains, not to mention the attack was hard to defend against. Forcedfully, they had to utilitize their hands to counter attack. Then the sound of "Baaaammmmmmmmmm -Booommmmmmmmmm" was heard twice, four palms met each other and caused a strong forceful wind.

That opportunity was immediately used by Siao Hong to rushed forward, then he pulled Yalu Hung-Ki (YE LUI HONG JI) to his side.

In that same moment, the Liao soldiers and the Wulin fighters had also flooded into their direction from both opposite direction. One side was trying to save their Emperor, while other side was trying to assist Siau Hong, Hi Tiok and Toan Ki.

Obviously, no one had predicted that Siau Hong had suddenly exchanged palm attacks with his two Swornbrothers. Therefore they were all left flabbergastered.

Then soon after, Siau Hong yelled outloud "Do not move, no one is allowed to make any moves at all, let's hear first, I want to talk with the Liao emperor personally."

At once, the Liao soldiers and the mainland fighters stopped moving an inch from their spot, both sides were worried that he would harm the party they were trying to protect, therefore we were only able to scream from afar and were unable to attack forward, let alone trying to shoot their arrows.

At this time, Hi Tiok and Toan Ki had also moved approximately several feet behind Yalu Hung Ki to get themselves ready, just in case the Liao Emperor tried to runn away to his army and to block any attempt from Qidan warriors who might try to attack them in order to save their Emperor.

--------- end of page 25
    Last edited by Temujin; 02-03-05 at 09:40 PM.

--------- page 26

In that very moment, Yalu Hung Ki's (YE LUI HONG JI) face had turned pale white, he thought "Siau Hong (XIAO FENG) is a very thick-headed person, and I have imprisoned him inside the iron-made cage and even mocked him endlessly. Now, the situation has reversed, I have been taken as a prisoner by him, obviously he would take a revenge as his heart pleases and perhaps, my life would not be spared anymore by him."

Who would ever thought that Siau Hong said "Your Majesty, These two men are my Swornbrothers, they will not cause you any troubles, Do not worry."

Hung-Ki (HONG JI) sniffed once and did not answer, he took a glance at Hi Tiok (XU ZHU), then he also took another glance at Toan Ki (DUAN YU).

"My Djite (Second Brother) here is called Hi Tiok Tju (XU ZHU), he is the Lord of Leng Tjiu Kiong (LING JIU GONG) and Samte (Third brother) here is Toan Kongtju (DUAN YU) from the kingdom of Dali." said Siau Hong introducing his Swornbrothers. "I have mentioned their names to Your Majesty before."

"Yes, their reputation are not just empty words, they are very skillful." replied Hung-Ki while nodding his head.

"We will immediately let Your Majesty go and return to your army, however, we would like to request something from your majesty." said Siau Hong

Hung-Ki (HONG JI) almost couldn't believe his own ears. He thought "How could there be such a simple solution in this world ? Ohhh yes, I think I know... maybe Siau Hong had changed his mind and he will serve me again, so he will beg me to give all three of them high positions in my kingdom."

So with a smiling face he answered back "Have you all three had any wishes ? I would certainly grant any wishes you have without any problem."

"Your Majesty have now been a prisoner of both of my swornbrothers." said Siau Hong. "In accordance to our own Kithan (Qidan) law, in order for us to release you, Your Majesty had to give us back something in return."

Immediately, Ya Lu Hung Ki frowned and asked "What do you all want from me ?"

"Please forgive me for being dare enough to represent both of my Swornbrothers talking to you very bluntly here, but what we hope for is just a promise from Your Majesty" replied Siau Hong

Hung Ki frowned even more and asked again "What promise ?"

"We only hope that Your Majesty would be kind enough to promise us to immediately withdraw all your troops from here and for the rest of Your Majesty's life, you would forbid any Liao soldiers to step their feet into the border between the Liao and Song kingdom ever again."

Toan Ki felt happy after he heard Siau Hong's well-said condition. He thought "As long as the Liao army don't go across the border between their own kingdom and the Song kingdom, then the Dali kingdom will be out of the harm's way."

Therefore he quickly followed "Yes, that's right. As long as you want to promise us then we will immediately let you go."

But he suddenly remembered that that their success of capturing the Liao Emperor was also partly because Djiko's (Second brother, referring to Xu Zhu) effort and who knew what Hi Tiok had in mind about the condition that Siau Hong had just inquired. So he soon asked Hi Tiok (XUZHU) "Djiko, what kind of promise do you want from this Qidan Emperor ?"

-------- end of page 26

Yes ... finally... thank you temujin