• Hai Da Fu (DOMD - Jin Yong)

0 0%
  • Other (not mentioned here)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Favorite Blind Fighters

Default Poll: Favorite Blind Fighters

Simple enough.

Who's your favorite blind fighter and why ?!

Hua Man Lou because he is intelligent and knows a lot of things.

Mei Chao Feng for me. She's beautiful (hey.... even HYS fell for her), loyal, has some potential, and tragic

I liked Hua ManLou the best. Not only is he a great martial artist, he is also an amazing person ... he appreciates life and tries to make others feel that life is beautiful.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

You Tanzhi is the man !!
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Well, since Hua ManLou is included, I'd choose him, though I am only familiar with him from the adaptation, not from the novel. If he is not included, then I'd chose XX. BTW, YTZ, Ah-Zhi, and LPZ were not blind until nearly the end of the novel, so we do not see them in action while being blind.

the strongest would have to be you tan zi

Reason I like Hua Man Lou:

1. The guy is zen. Even though he is blind, he does not feel sorry for himself. In fact, he is able to enjoy the beauty of life and his surroundings more than the sighted people. Because he appreciates life (be it his own or other people's) he avoids taking lives as much as possible (p.s. as far as I can recall he has never killed anyone in book 1 and book 2. Dunno about book 3 and subsequent book).

2. He is witty and intelligent. He can also crack a joke once in a while. I love his various banters with Lu Xiao Feng. As for intelligence, too many examples to list.

3. Since this poll's title is 'Favorite Blind Fighters', I'll add that he is also a great fighter. Not top-notch like XMCX, but his martial-arts skill is above many people. Eventhough he is blind, he can still catch other's weapon with his fingers. That's a great feat when u can't see the blade.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-02-04 at 11:21 PM.

i like mei chao feng La Femme Nikita

Originally posted by kidd
    Reason I like Hua Man Lou:

1. The guy is zen. Even though he is blind, he does not feel sorry for himself. In fact, he is able to enjoy the beauty of the life and his surroundings more than the sighted people. Because he appreciates life (be it his own or other people's) he avoids taking lives as much as possible (p.s. as far as I can recall he has never killed anyone in book 1 and book 2. Dunno about book 3 and subsequent book).

2. He is witty and intelligent. He can also crack a joke once in a while. I love his various banters with Lu Xiao Feng. As for intelligence, too many examples to list.

3. Since this poll's title is 'Favorite Blind Fighters', I'll add that he is also a great fighter. Not top-notch like XMCX, but his martial-arts skill is above many people. Eventhough he is blind, he can still catch other's weapon with his fingers. That's a great feat when u can't see the blade.
    He did not kill in any of the LXF books, as far as I can remember.

And, kidd, well said!
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

I especially like Hua Man Lou from the 1980s TVB's Lu Xiao Feng remake (from 1986 if I am not mistaken). The actor who played Hua Man Lou there also played as the 1st Wudang Student (Song...) in 1980s HSDS. Anybody know this actor's name?

Edit: I think here he is: $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/tvb/luksiufung/lsf05.jpg')
    His name is Wong Yin Choy (not sure what his Mandarin name is, I think that is Cantonese?).
    Last edited by rabadi; 09-02-04 at 11:00 PM.

Originally posted by rabadi
    I especially like Hua Man Lou from the 1980s TVB's Lu Xiao Feng remake (from 1986 if I am not mistaken). The actor who played Hua Man Lou there also played as the 1st Wudang Student (Song...) in 1980s HSDS. Anybody know this actor's name?

Edit: I think here he is: $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/tvb/luksiufung/lsf05.jpg')
    His name is Wong Yin Choy (not sure what his Mandarin name is, I think that is Cantonese?).
    Wong Wan Choi (Cantonese) also was the original 1970s Fa Mun Lau from TVB's first LUK SIU FUNG adaptation. His performance as Fa Mun Lau in 1976, 1977, and 1978 was so excellent that TVB asked him to reprise the role in the 1986 RETURN OF LUK SIU FUNG series. Wong was the only actor from the original 1970s series to reprise his original role in the 1980s series (everyone else had been replaced).

Question. In the GL novels, did Hua Man Lou die?

I remember in the 70s series he got ambushed by a bunch of cymbal clanging goons who messed up his hearing and got killed.

Originally posted by CC
    Question. In the GL novels, did Hua Man Lou die?

I remember in the 70s series he got ambushed by a bunch of cymbal clanging goons who messed up his hearing and got killed.
    No.

He didn't die in the series either. The main characters in the LUK SIU FUNG novel (i.e. Luk Siu Fung, Fa Mun Lau, Sai Mun Chui Sheut, Honest Monk, See Hung Jak Sing) don't die, and Fa Mun Lau certainly never died in the TV adaptations (although TVB did kill off See Hung Jak Sing in LUK SIU FUNG, Part 3).

You sure? I definitely remember watching some 70s series where the blind guy in white gets whacked by a cymbal clanging gang...... is my memory warped?

Originally posted by CC
    You sure? I definitely remember watching some 70s series where the blind guy in white gets whacked by a cymbal clanging gang...... is my memory warped?
    You saw something else that wasn't LUK SIU FUNG (or at least, not TVB's LUK SIU FUNG). For one thing, Fa Mun Lau was never attacked by a cymbal-clanging gang in the novels or the 1970s TV series.

In the 1980s TVB series, he was assaulted by two ninja-costumed assassins who attempted to neutralize his hearing by rattling the metal rings fastened in a chain on the blunt side of their sabers; that wasn't successful . . . Fa beat the crap out of both of them and walked away unscathed.

XIE XUN, no real reason, just because I like his character.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Hua

what Kidd said

Originally posted by Yang Guo
    Hua

what Kidd said
    Yes.... Hua , what Kidd said.

His blindness is his lethal weapon.
    He is blind , but He can feel/see the colour......?????

Never regret as a blind man.

If I allow to put another figther...then it would be ZATOICHI !

Of course HML. He nearly beat the crap out of LXF, who was considered one of the best fighters in the book, in the dark! And he uses all his senses to good use, which is a very rare but valuable technique in fighters.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly