Name : Zheng Yuan Chang
    English Name : Joe/Bryan
    Nick Name : Xiao Zong
    Height : 187cm >>still growing
    Weight : 78kg
    Birthdate : 19th June 1982
    Birth Place : Taiwan's Taichung
    StarSign : Gemini
    Education : Taichung Shi Ren Ai Guo Xiao, Taichung Wei Da Zhong Xue, Taichung Xian Feng Yuan Gao Zhong
    Blood Type : O
    Family Members : Father, Mother, Younger Sister

his first debut series is the rose, before he was still a model. he is also in nine ball with david chen yu fan and hsu wei lun. he has a website but it's in english
    joe's family any comments??
    Attached Images Attached Images

He is also currently in An Shi Ai Mei Hui... it's a 30 minute sitcom-ish show and he is really funny...

Has anyone read any of his books? I think he has three but one might just be a pictorial collection...

Just one last thing... he actually has an older sister not younger... and she used to model too (I think)...

actually i don't know that much about him, i don't even know why he has two english names, joe and bryan..... all i know is that he's still growing.... and the an shi ai mei hui show, i have no idea since i don't live in taiwan...

Quote Originally Posted by crazylazy_chief
    actually i don't know that much about him, i don't even know why he has two english names, joe and bryan..... all i know is that he's still growing.... and the an shi ai mei hui show, i have no idea since i don't live in taiwan...
    There isn't really a lot of information out there on him since he only became really popular after his performance in 'The Rose'... but I know that his latest book is called 'My colour, my style' (Wo xing wo se) and it's really about mixing and matching colour and showing guys (mainly) how to choose clothes that would look good... I'm supposed to get my copy soon and will read through it as soon as it is delivered...

As for why he has two English names, that is a complete mystery to me too, but my best guess is that he was either given the first one (Bryan) from some manager or something or chose it himself but thought that maybe he didn't like it as much as Joe (which I think he goes by now)...

I've seen a lot of interviews with him as a guest and he seems very cute and kinda kid-ish... The more I see of him the more I like him...

i searched for him in chinese sites, and found that most people think that he's gay... and finally he has denied it.... then i saw in another article that he told one of his good friends that he has a crush on ella and doesn't know how to tell her... anyways, yeah, i think he does go with joe now since his official website is joes family... i read in an article that he told the host, in order to find out who u really like, all u have to do is close your eyes, and imagine who u really want lying beside u every morning.... and i believe he has only gone out with a girl once...

Haha! He and Ella? I think they'll make a really cute couple.

He was on Mr. Con & Ms Csi (Kang Hsi Lai Le) last week with 2 other model-actors. They are currently studying in Wo Ding university??? I forget the name. Anyways, it's the same university as Zai-Zai. He comes across as someone very matured for his age i.e. he seems able to handle the press well and know what to say and what not to say.

You guys should watch that episode. It's really hilarious with Small S trying to see them naked.
    "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you want."

His acting skill is unbelievable for the new commer, was his 1st acting in "the rose" god I just felt off my chair of seeing him and crying my heart out for him in that serie, he was so good of portraiting Kuei, and then the next 1 was nineball wonder if he ever will get a show who will get the girl at all, love to see his next works ..

Yeah, even though I personally like Jerry Huang better, I have to admit Joe's pretty good for a newcomer.

Is Nine Ball any good? How is Joe's character in there?

Oh yeah.... I forget to add... I think Joe has 2 pictorials.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystaln
    His acting skill is unbelievable for the new commer, was his 1st acting in "the rose" god I just felt off my chair of seeing him and crying my heart out for him in that serie, he was so good of portraiting Kuei, and then the next 1 was nineball wonder if he ever will get a show who will get the girl at all, love to see his next works ..
    I think that he might actually 'get the girl' in his next show with Ariel Lin Yi Chen... the two of them are the main characters so I'm assuming that they'll hook up if it's like a typical Taiwanese series... Of course in 'The Rose' and 'Nine Ball' he was more of a second lead so poor him ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2socks
    Yeah, even though I personally like Jerry Huang better, I have to admit Joe's pretty good for a newcomer.

Is Nine Ball any good? How is Joe's character in there?

Oh yeah.... I forget to add... I think Joe has 2 pictorials.
    Nine Ball is pretty good... Joe's character seems at first to be kinda evil-ish but he's really not that bad... He liked Hsu Wei Lun's character (I can't remember the name off the top of my head at the moment) but she liked someone else... jealousy and all those feelings come into play... Overall I think he did a great job and I can't wait to see his next series...

I don't know if anyone has seen the episode of 'Happy Sunday' in May with Joe as the guest and his friends going on and talking about him, but it was kinda interesting cuz he seems to be very normal and not like someone who thinks they're all that...

Quote Originally Posted by luv4ever
    I think that he might actually 'get the girl' in his next show with Ariel Lin Yi Chen... the two of them are the main characters so I'm assuming that they'll hook up if it's like a typical Taiwanese series...
    Oh, don't be too sure. Some series can be so melodramatic nothing happens in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by luv4ever
    ... I don't know if anyone has seen the episode of 'Happy Sunday' in May with Joe as the guest and his friends going on and talking about him, but it was kinda interesting cuz he seems to be very normal and not like someone who thinks they're all that...
    Hmmm... haven't seen this but I can relate. Yeah, he comes across as someone who's humble, reserved and sweet. So adorable.

Haha! He and Ella? I think they'll make a really cute couple.
    i don't think he and ella will ever hook up because i read in a chinese forum that as soon as the rumour was out, both of their management companies were really nervous about it.... the new series that he and ariel lin, actually they invited ella first, but her manager turned it down......

i don't think he and ella will ever hook up because i read in a chinese forum that as soon as the rumour was out, both of their management companies were really nervous about it.... the new series that he and ariel lin, actually they invited ella first, but her manager turned it down......
    Which forum did you read from, chief? Did it say why their companies were nervous?

In a recent news I heard, he's apparently very, very popular now. Last year, he had to stop studying because of work. Perhaps his company didn't want to spoil his popularity, ay?

i read it in baidu, the site is in chinese though, http://www.post.baidu.com and go to entertainment, and in male actors list, just look for joe's name.... he's really, really popular in taiwan and china right now.... anyways, did anyone one of u see the ye zi music video?? it was the ending theme of the rose, it had selina and joe in the mv, and it was sooooooo sad.

i read it in baidu, the site is in chinese though, http://www.post.baidu.com and go to entertainment, and in male actors list, just look for joe's name.... he's really, really popular in taiwan and china right now.... anyways, did anyone one of u see the ye zi music video?? it was the ending theme of the rose, it had selina and joe in the mv, and it was sooooooo sad.
    Thanks. I'll go have a look at the news later.

Yup, saw the music video. It's in Ah Sun's album. The album has Joe and Selina talking about the music video as well. Yeah, it's really, really sad.

yah, i read that some fans of joe were crying when they watched it... i just found out this interesting fact about joe, his hair is naturally curled. so when he was filming the rose, and his hair was really long and curly, well, it was like that naturally, so does that mean when he was in nine ball, he straightened his hair??

yah, i read that some fans of joe were crying when they watched it... i just found out this interesting fact about joe, his hair is naturally curled. so when he was filming the rose, and his hair was really long and curly, well, it was like that naturally, so does that mean when he was in nine ball, he straightened his hair??
    Uhhmm... I cried when I first watch it.

Yeah, I read somewhere he'd purposely left his hair grew long for 'The Rose'. He's got pretty nice hair too!

Hmmm.... didn't watch Nine Ball.... so, I won't know. Perhaps the hairstylist put on those hair straightener conditioner?

found out some other stuff about joe.....he can swim....in any posture....but he doesn't know how to sing......but it doesn't matter to me since i like him still very much

....but he doesn't know how to sing......
    Haha! I don't think it matters very much to me. He's pretty good at acting. That's good enough. If he doesn't sing well but still venture into singing anyways, I think it'll spoil it for me.

Haha! I don't think it matters very much to me. He's pretty good at acting. That's good enough. If he doesn't sing well but still venture into singing anyways, I think it'll spoil it for me.
    yah, i totally agree with u, nowadays, when actors or actresses start getting famous, they start singing and all that even if they have a terrible voice, like f4, even though i like them really, really much, but they do suck in singing.

I think that he probably straightened his hair or he could be one of the people who have wavy hair but when their hair is a little shorter, it's not as noticeable so if they come it down with water and use some product, they don't even have to break out the straightening iron (speaking from personal experience)...

yah, i totally agree with u, nowadays, when actors or actresses start getting famous, they start singing and all that even if they have a terrible voice, like f4, even though i like them really, really much, but they do suck in singing.
    I think that if Zheng Yuan Chang started singing I would just not like him as much... he would be totally over-exposed and probably over-rated... I used to love F4 but now whenever I see them it's like 'oh you guys again'... If ZYC wanted to sing, I would hope he would invest in making sure he's actually good at it before even putting out some crap album to capitalize on his fame...

Anyways, have you guys heard anything about this show "Ai Qing Mo Jie" (Magic Ring in Eng)? ZYC seems to be on quite a few entertainment shows lately so I'm wondering if they're starting to promote the actors cuz the show will be starting soon or something???