Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will 2008 Olympics in China be successful or a dissaster?

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

hey wonder what taiwan will participate as, chinese taipei?

Well they did this year so I think they'll probably do it again.

i think china will do really really well in terms of medal and the whole olympics

i doubt the u.s. will boycott an event, the last thing they want to do right now is create tension with china

i actually think that there will be booing of the japanese team, and not chinese taipei. china wants taiwan to be part of china, so they probably won't boo them as much. but china and japan has had a history of hatred and i doubt that's gonna die away soon. espeically for gymnastics, since the japanese won that this year....i hope we get revenge and get the gold back!!! lol

but yeah definitely , i think china will host one of the greatest olympics ever, because in four years, china should be even better than it is now, and plus, every olympics has these little problems, no country is ever perfect so it's not like having little problems will make it bad....gooooooooo china!

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Whatever it is, I'm sure Malaysia's coming home empty-handed again. Yeah!
    aw, don't think like that... you are what you think so you should be proud of your country and hope for the best.. you'll never know

Well, 2008 Olympics in China succesful or not can be judge by 2 aspect, I think.
    First, how good China host the game and how they overcome the problem?Second, how many medals will China team win this time?

If China do well in this 2 aspect, this mean 2008 Olympic in China will be Double Succes. I'm sure china will do well
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

In my opinion, the host country always does a whole lot better. China has already competed so well in the 2004 olympics, they'll only get better in the 2008's.

I also think they'll do a lot better than Greece at hosting the games. China has already organised most things, while Greece sounded like they did everything at the last minute.
    click here and you'll regret...

The monkey king is going to be the mascot!

Mascot
    In 2003, the National Society of Chinese Classic Literature Studies in Beijing announced a global search for images of Sun Wukong — popularly known as the "Monkey King" — to become the mascot of the 2008 Summer Olympics. Scholars from the National Society of Chinese Classic Literature Studies argued the symbolism of adopting the Monkey King as mascot since the fairy tale character embodies the Olympic motto of "Higher, faster and stronger."
    Source: http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/2008-Olympics

i think the usa is gonna kick some tail and we're bringing the big ming back home to kick some a$$ hopefully the US Bball team wont embarass us like they did this year.