Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Love Is Beautiful 《無頭東宮》

does anyone know the url to watch this drama in cantonese? or with english subtitles?
    thank you

Love is Beautiful

This was a very good serie. The scripts were good and the casts were greats.
    ''It is not so important to know everything as to appreciate what we learn.''

Currently, I'm watching it up to eps 8. How many eps are there in this series?
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

There are 30 episodes altogether in this series.
    Have you learned to love one another?

Thx Bubblegum! I'm up to eps 19.... just curious, is there a good ending in this series. Somehow, it gets more serious now unlike the earlier eps. Personally, the King only goes for the outer beauty not inner beauty of the person. He can be easily fell into the temptation by Anne! ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by wang23 View Post
    I believe his name is Lee Wai Kai. A veteran actor that never really got his chance to shine. But I agree, he was definitely an eye catcher in this series.
    Unfortunately, this actor mostly played "kelefeh" role. Sometimes he will play a baddie, triad or a jerk. But I especially liked him in this series. He stands out as a good general.

Quote Originally Posted by goddessofhonour View Post
    Suika, your right. But she will definately be missed onscreen!!

I think that Marianne Chan is quite pretty and like you mentioned knbcj, she can protray any type of character. Through all her years of acting she has had a range of characters and has done them all well.

I liked the ending. It was a nice happy one even if it was a bit I still don't know if I like the fact that Marianne is removed of her birthmark. Because throughout the serie a theme was that beauty is on the inside not on how you look and in the end she becomes extra pretty. Isnt' that a bit contradictory? Then again since everyone has aknowledge the fact that Marianne is beautiful on the inside it won't matter if she is beautiful or not. Lol, so confusing for me to decide!!!

Oh oh, what about that one guard guy? The one that lost his arm and helped Marianne and her son reunite. I love that guy!!!
    So, Marianne never gets a her "face" back? Still curious how is the ending of this series. She don't deserves to be with the flirt king who only think of Anne's beauty. I think Evergreen matches more with Marianne. I hate the scenes where the king neglects poor Wan Leung and spend all his time with Anne. Hate it!

Default hi

hi how are you ?

Kind of late but I really like this series. Marrianne Chan was very good here. She switch from being a mean and selfish girl to a nice/caring girl easily. I really miss her acting. I thought Marco was pretty good in this series as well playing the villain. He could really act evil and scheming. I think Anne has improve but she was a very bad villain here. I think she just had her eyes open really wide everything and that was it. Also, I agree with an earlier comment, even if their face changed, the voice and body is still the same. One would think something is wrong if they sound like somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Kind of late but I really like this series. Marrianne Chan was very good here. She switch from being a mean and selfish girl to a nice/caring girl easily. I really miss her acting. I thought Marco was pretty good in this series as well playing the villain. He could really act evil and scheming. I think Anne has improve but she was a very bad villain here. I think she just had her eyes open really wide everything and that was it. Also, I agree with an earlier comment, even if their face changed, the voice and body is still the same. One would think something is wrong if they sound like somebody else.
    Anne was not a great villain but her acting had improved heaps from her Lady Yang days which was horrid. At least her crying improved. I thought Anne did better as the evil Chor Chor than as the goody two shoes Ling Wan. But Marianne was fantastic at showing the two personalities. She was really disgusting when she stuck her foot up and start to flick ear wax out.

Strangely, but I think Eddie's performance was overlooked here as well. His character is quite bland but Eddie did a good job to show the different stages of the Emperor's traits. I thought he was an idiot to believe his wife would have an affair the Liao General when she was supposedly so ugly.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I think Eddie won best supporting actor for this series didn't he?
    I think Eddie is a very good actor, I think I dislike his character most in Against the blade of Honour, he was just so evil.

I think his character was more upset that the people praise Marrianne's character more instead of him who is the king.

I have always like Eddie despite TVB never really promoting him a lot. He was always around but easily pushed to support the next fresh face that came along. He is one of the most versatile actors in TVB, ranging from the good and righteous guy in "Plain Love I" to the evil, twisted rapist in "All About Tin". It si easy to hate his characters but you cannot hate Eddie C because he does such a good job.

The Emperor is just a realistic everyday guy who wants everything good in the world, but not having the talent to do so. He was not very bright to begin with, so even though he wants to be a good Emperor, he easily gives up after a few failures against his evil uncle and succumbs to his vices.

He loves all his women and is a romantic, but the problems is that he loves all of them at the same thing which is a disaster to happen. There is no doubt that he loves Ling Wan, but his stupidity, bad judgment and male ego gets in the way. He wanted to change for Ling Wan and really put in an effort but then he gave up easily when it got hard. He was unhappy when people started to say that he relied on his wife for success (which was true as he was useless before he married her and useless after she died). In a way, he probably believed the ridiculous rumour that his wife won the war because she seduced the Liao General because he did not want to acknowledge that Ling Wan could achieve what he could not.

Like most men, he loves beauty. He likes his beautiful first wife who died, the beautiful Ling Wan, Chor Chor when she had Ling Wan's face and then Gan See See (Chor Chor again). He is easily distracted by the fun and sexy Gan See See, and gets tired of the righteous Ling Wan who won't let him have any fun. He is not evil, but just a easily persuaded and distracted jerk.

The Emperor's turning point comes after Ling Wan and he had realised what he has lost. From then on, he becomes more mature and less emphasised on beauty. I loved it when the Liao General came and yelled at him for believing that his loyal wife would cheat on him. Eddie's change in expressions showed a good range and was very natural. But the Emperor never truly becomes clever or decisive until after he gets paralysed.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I think in the past tvb puts actors/actresses in one series as the lead and if it doesn't generate ratings, then that's it, your back to supporting. I've seen Eddie in a couple of series as lead but most of the time, he is second lead or supporting. I agree he did a good job as the emperor. I thought he was funny in all about tin. He never washes his face because ada/Catherine's mom loves. I forgot her name but she's usually underrated too and stuck with hooker/or mean girl type roles. I only saw her once as lead in this series that took place during world war 2. I think evergreen mak was also in it. I think it was call wong to yan ching.

But back to love is beautiful, I thought Evergreen mak did a good job too. I think he had very good chemistry with Marianne Chan.