Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who would you choose to be your master?

Default Who would you choose to be your master?

If you have the chance to be in the wuxia world, and could choose any person to be your master and they are willing to teach you there kung fu, who would you pick? For me I would pick Du Gu Seeking a Lost, cause his swordmenship is top notch and even though we dont have that much information on him, all of his students turns out to be excellent kung fu masters.

Golden Wheel Monk. He is, in my opinion, the best teacher in the Jin Yong Universe.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    Golden Wheel Monk. He is, in my opinion, the best teacher in the Jin Yong Universe.
    care to give reasons ?
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Well, Golden Wheel Monk was able to produce three fine students (his eldest disciple died young), each with a different character and physique. He was able to teach them all accordingly, each disciple developed a unique fighting style which suits their own nature.

And also, Golden Wheel Monk saw Guo Xiang as his potential successor and loved her as his own daughter. Golden Wheel Monk is not a good person, but he is a knowledgeable, kind teacher who deserves my respect.

I would choose Du Gu as well. He is a smart teacher. He can even teach the Condor to know kongfu. He deserves my respect. Certainly, teaching animal to know kongfu can be more difficult than teaching human beings. I think he should be able to make it simple for me to learn.

able to produce three fine students (his eldest disciple died young), each with a different character and physique. He was able to teach them all accordingly, each disciple developed a unique fighting style which suits their own nature.
    Do you think this sort of applies to the teacher of Li Qiushui, Wuyazi, Tonglao as well, difference being he/she must have possessed much deeper knowledge than Fa Wang?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I'd pick Du Gu and the reason was already said by others who replied.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Do you think this sort of applies to the teacher of Li Qiushui, Wuyazi, Tonglao as well, difference being he/she must have possessed much deeper knowledge than Fa Wang?
    Well, novel-wise the teacher of Xiaoyao Elders does not exist... But okay, if we would like to think about this teacher as a character, then I would say No. The impression I got from the novel was that Xiaoyaopai only accepts highly intelligent and gifted students, PLUS the teacher merely taught Wuyazi, Tonglao and Li Qiushui different arts within their system.

Golden Wheel Monk accepted Daerba (who was not very bright) as a disciple and he could still make him a good fighter.

I disagree with the assumption that Xiaoyao teacher has deeper knowledge than Golden Wheel Monk. Xiaoyao teacher just happened to be a member of a divine martial arts sect. He was lucky to have access to supreme martial arts knowledge, but it does not neccessary mean he had deeper understanding of martial arts. Golden Wheel Monk, on the other hand, has proved to an exceptional martial arts genius. I would like to argue that, if Golden Wheel Monk was a member of Xiaoyaopai, he might have surpassed Wuyazi's teacher.

Golden Wheel Monk accepted Daerba (who was not very bright) as a disciple and he could still make him a good fighter.
    HYS also did the same to SaGua. If SaGua learn with HYS even longer like Daerba with GWM. But I wouldn't choose HYS as my teacher, I might lose my legs I think I choose Du Gu too or Feng QingYang to learn DuGu Swordplay
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

i do not think sweeper monk will be a great teacher for us. first of all, all his students are monks or willing to be monks. for us that dont want to be monks it is hard to accept that feeling of no freedom and the outcome of ur martial arts will not improve. and the fact that sweeper monk dont seem like those that would teach you martial arts but only reasons of live and monks prays. i dont think his students have learn any martial arts from him, so i could not pick him as my master.
    i would not pick du gu either, he might kill you before you finish learning the first stage of his swords.
    i would pick zheng 3 fung but his too boring. i guess my only choice is duan yuen cus his a playboy, even though he dont seem to be a good teacher. look at that guy that try to force duan yuen into teaching him the 6 manderian sword, at the end he got one of the swords out. so if duan yuen actually teaches i think he can be a good master.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Wong Chongyang. Very intelligent, highly skilled, patient (as with his martial brother) and a good teacher (taught people who were already grown to be martial arts masters).

yeh i would choose dy as my teacher,lol he can teach not only martial arts but the arts of playboy.lol

i would also choose yg and xln.

I would choose Oh yang fong if he was crazy still.

I'll pick Z3F since most of his student seemed to be quite strong and because he won't die early since I hate taking care of funeral

Xiao Longnu

Well, Golden Wheel Monk was able to produce three fine students (his eldest disciple died young), each with a different character and physique. He was able to teach them all accordingly, each disciple developed a unique fighting style which suits their own nature.

And also, Golden Wheel Monk saw Guo Xiang as his potential successor and loved her as his own daughter. Golden Wheel Monk is not a good person, but he is a knowledgeable, kind teacher who deserves my respect.

GWM was able to produce three fine students, the antithesis of GJ who produced three incompetent students. I would choose GWM over GJ anyday. Besides, GWM was a stronger fighter than GJ.

North Beggar Hung 7 Gung: Gwok Jing, Wong Yung, and Yeung Gor were all beneficiaries of his training program, and he accomplished more with Gwok Jing in half a month than the Gong Nam 7 Freaks did in ten years.

Moreover, Hung 7 Gung was unlikely to cripple his students if he were unhappy about something.

I'll choose H7K, he might be not as competent as GLFW or as strict as HYS, but it''s been proved his students were way better than others. But of course I need to learn how to cook first
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

I'm not sure that I'd rate Golden Wheel Monk *that* much higher than the Greats. The proof is in the students. Fok Do and Dat Yee Ba weren't bad fighters, but they weren't all that much better than the students of the other Greats. Chu Tze Lau (South Emperor 1 Deng's student) had Fok Do on the ropes until Fok cheated. Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung's better students (i.e. Ma Yuk, Yau Chui Gei) would not have much trouble with the likes of Dat Yee Ba, and I doubt that Dat Yee Ba and Fok Do would have been better than Mui Chiu Fung or East Heretic Wong Yerk See's other students. West Poison Au Yeung Fung's two martial heirs, Au Yeung Hak and Yeung Gor, weren't worse than the Golden Wheel Monk's students. The list goes on and on.