Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Shine On You 《青出於藍》

|n A|3C's Heart 0=) Title: A|3C's #1 Fan!

A Good Show Worth to watch i just finishd the series I like it
    Alyssa Lastest Series : ( Phantom lovers)

Fave Actresses : Alyssa , Ma su , Florance Tan , Gao Yuan Yuan , Jessica Hester Hsuan

Favourite Actors: Alec Su , Louis Koo , Aaron Kwok , Jimmy Lin

Quote Originally Posted by om369
    I also like the interaction between the students and teachers. No student seem to go unnoticed & all have fun together.
    Agree. The students are so friendly with the teachers especially with Tsang Sir (Micheal). They are like friends more than teacher and students. I just watch episode 21 and 22. How the students show their appreaciation to the headmaster (Bobby) is so touching.

I also like that the serial touch on many different problems various students faced and when they finish solving a student's, the student don't just dissappear into the background and be forgotten. His/her story still continue, although not as prominant. Like Lau Kwok Wah (the school's star runner) and Chiu Siu Tong (rich kid). After they reconcial their differences, they become fast friends and you can see them together all the time. Same with the story of Mak Geng Kei losing the scholarship to Lau Kwok Wah. I thought that was the end of his story. But instead the issue is revisited later (after many stories slip in between) and a solution to the problem is presented.

The potrayal of the teachers are also good. Some are very dedicated while others just see teaching as a job to earn money. My friend said that there are actually teacher like that Killer King.

Btw, Au Yeung San (Roy) and Chui Ho Yuet (Yu Chiu) seems to be the typical bickering couple who will end up together. I hope they don't. I want Yuet to end up with Fung Yan Dong. He has loved Yuet for so long and cares for her so much. I hope Yuet will recipocrate his love. Why does San pick on Yuet so much? As far as I know, this animosity was started by him. I really don't know what Yuet has done do to offend San. The dirty T-shirt is not the reason, because their animosity has already started by then.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-14-04 at 08:31 PM.

I am waiting for the last tape. Who will bobby end up with? Since michael and kenix end up together. So bobby is on his own.

|n A|3C's Heart 0=) Title: A|3C's #1 Fan!

anyone know where can i find the series in singapore please post the Place
    Alyssa Lastest Series : ( Phantom lovers)

Fave Actresses : Alyssa , Ma su , Florance Tan , Gao Yuan Yuan , Jessica Hester Hsuan

Favourite Actors: Alec Su , Louis Koo , Aaron Kwok , Jimmy Lin

Default shine on you

still havent started this film...

i think this flick has a nominations for the awards this year....

I'm on episode 10 and really enjoying it. The cast is great and it's nice to watch a comedy. I laughed so hard at the part where Bobby recruits the student whose a super fast runner (I don't know his name) to come to his school. And he shows up in jeans and a ripped tank so he asked his uncle to switch tops with him. When Paul came out of the washroom stall, I almost fell off my chair laughing!

Does anyone else find that Shirley's acting is really bad in here? She is so stiff and it seems like she's uncomfortable all the time. This is definately not one of her better series.

This series is soo funny at times.. and it is very good to have a comedy to watch at times... I especially liked the part where bobby was watching the race... and the really fast student and the other student from the other school were near the finish line and bobby had the towel in his mouth and was running in place.. and then he fainted.. i was cracking up soo hard...
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

------------------------------- small spoiler ---------------------------------------

I just finish watching the last episode. One of the most satisfying ending I have seen for a long time from TVB. Initially, it seems like TVB is going to take the easy way out again and make Leung (Micheal), Si (Kenix) and Choy (Bobby) become friends, but they didn't and Si actually make a choice between the 2 and I think it is the right choice.

Who Tsui Ho Yuet (Yu Chiu) end up with is also an unexpected surprise. I never thought she would end up with him. There is only a tiny hint in episode 29. Before that, there is no indication what so ever they will be together. I'm glad that it's not Au Yueng San. The bickering couple become lover plot is so overuse in TV series already.

Lastly, I also applaud them for making the exam results realistic. It will be really unrealistic if the usually poor students suddenly get really good grades. Just 1 thing I don't get. Au Yeung San (Roy) is an expert in Chinese History (as evident from his performance while preparing for the Chinese History quiz). Why didn't he get A for history? Instead he get A for Mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Au Yeung San (Roy) is an expert in Chinese History (as evident from his performance while preparing for the Chinese History quiz). Why didn't he get A for history? Instead he get A for Mathematics.
    About Roy I think it is because of the guidence of Micheal who was a math teacher that have influence him to get the A.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

It's good to hear that I can look forward to a good ending. Does anyone think that this series will get any awards?

I have just finished this series also, and i have to admit, TVB hasnt produced a good series like that in a while. Great comedy+drama.

::::SPOILERS::::

The only thing that im dissapointed about is that Yeung See Kei didnt come back at all. It would of been interesting to see a love triangle between them. Im sure i watched a promotion clip of some sort before i watched the series that she is suppose to come back, i was waiting for that to happen near the end of the series but in the end, she didnt...
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

This series was well acted. The only thing I have complain was that I wish clothing the teacher wore... it seems the teachers I know aren't as hip as they were on the show. Micheal dress too young in his casual... while Bobby looks like a rich man in his bow tie outfit. The only one to me that fit was the gym teacher which the show make a clevor comment when he switch to a suit when they were excepting TV to come in.

Anyways I haven't saw the ending yet, will do so this week.
    Flame on I am gone...

Talking Shine on you

I finished watching it...but for some reason i didn't like the ending....Did anyone like it? I mean it was good them 2 got together but the way they got together was a bit hard, if she knew she loved him already why didn't she chose earlier?
    shO addikted to dha TV...=]

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmly
    I finished watching it...but for some reason i didn't like the ending....Did anyone like it? I mean it was good them 2 got together but the way they got together was a bit hard, if she knew she loved him already why didn't she chose earlier?
    Because she does not want to hurt the other one. Like what San (Roy) said to her: "Are you really don't know who to choose or u are afraid to hurt 1 of them?"

That is exactly what Si (Kenix) is feeling. Si is a very compassionate person who cares about people's feelings. Her fear of hurting 1 of them prevent her from making an outright choice, even to herself. I feel the ending is very well done. How she sit on the plane and reflect on past events and realise who she is thinking of most and who she love most.
    Actually, I don't think her fear of hurting 1 of them is the main reason she can't make a choice. But I can't discuss the real reason here because it might clue people in on who she chooses and spoil the suspense.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-24-04 at 09:04 PM.

this is a great series...finished watchin it ysterday!hehe...
    well didnt think the endin would turn out the way it did...wont say 2 much cos theres probs still ppl watchin the series...but yeah...all in all great series!

MINOR SPOILER AHEAD

ya Kidd is right, Kenix put his son ahead of the relationship.

I didn't mind the ending... I kind of miss where the series put every charactor together just to get a happier ending... but apparently to many of us this is not the best ending.

I wonder when Bobby walks off the plane, he was smiling or was he putting on a brave face.
    Last edited by James Ko; 10-25-04 at 10:57 AM.
    Flame on I am gone...

James, shouldn't u put a spoiler warning before your spoiler-filled comment?
    You practically give out the ending of the series. Now, people can't enjoy the suspense I have enjoyed while watching the series.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-24-04 at 09:17 PM.

Hehe, i think most of the comments I made have spoiler in it but you got a point minor spoiler warning active
    Flame on I am gone...

gee, u ppl make me realy want 2 watch da series. is it really dat good?

Quote Originally Posted by annaij7211
    gee, u ppl make me realy want 2 watch da series. is it really dat good?

Yes is a sweet little series
    Flame on I am gone...