Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ni Shui Han

Default Ni Shui Han

Latest series of Julian Cheung. Has anyone watched this? I saw that it's already out in YesAsia.

http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/f/nish/index.html

Hi tinac! I got the first half of this series already, so I definitely plan to watch it, but just not now. Are you going to watch it too?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Lady Zhuge,

Lucky you! Did you buy it? I'll watch it but have to wait 'till it comes to S'pore. Buying it online is too expensive. Do post updates, etc on the series after you watch it.

Hi tinac! No, I didn't buy it. I'll post my opinion on the show as I watch it or after I watch it in this thread as well as in Julian's thread since we've had an eye on it ever since Julian started filming it.

How long does it usually take for series to go to Singapore, or would that really depend on the show?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

It really depends on the show/genre. Taiwanese Idol drama are really fast, I guess the market for this genre is bigger than China TV series. Like, we only got "Liu San Bian" a few weeks ago and "Miracle Healer" only last weekend. Haven't seen "Sirl Road Heroes" at all. I hope this one is not too long.

i read in a forum that ni shui han is kind of a continuing story of four guard dectectives.......but only tie shou is in it... and wallace plays a villian.

I would really like to know if Xiao Ran is just guest starring or.. she is female lead role. Thank you.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

who's xiao ran??? i could look it up for u if u have the real name of the actress...

This is Li XIao Ran. My Fav. Actress.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2003-12-01/U105P28T3D243889F326DT20031201141927.jpg')

Xiao Ran is credited as the main female lead, although her actual screentime is relegated to almost a supporting role. I personally found the build up to her character a lot more exciting then when she actually appeared in the serial.
    弃我去者作日之日不可留,
    乱我心者今日之事多烦忧.

Thank you. As a hardcore fan of her, I may just purchase this series.
    I love Xiao Ran so much!

Hey Yon. Just a few more tidbits about the serial since you are considering a purchase.

Although for the most part I found the serial entertaining, there are some minor complaints. The serial in my opinion has character development that is completed slanted towards the male characters. The female leads, Xiao Ran included, seem more like pretty doll companions than fleshed out women.

Julian did a decent job, but his character is very conflicting. The producers want us to believe that he is both super-intelligent, honorable, a man among men, and all the while being naive, inconsiderate, and irrationale.

The plot is exciting and fast paced if not completely logical or sensible. But ultimately if you are a fan of Xiao Ran, I do think that you will enjoy her scenes with Julian. She does have the cool title of being "Jiang Hu Di Yi Mei Nu" in this serial and looks pretty enough, although I prefer her look in New Reincarnation with Wu Jing more.

That's my 2 cents. Hope it helps.
    弃我去者作日之日不可留,
    乱我心者今日之事多烦忧.

Thank you for your indepth analysis of the series.

Xiao Ran doesn't star in the series as many as I would wish her to. I may just settle for "Vancouver" and maybe buy this later...

I just finished episode 3, my initial impressions are pretty good. The action sequences are nicely done, Julian cheung is good as usual(although he looks alot older), Wallance Chung looks really charismatic in this drama, he's acting has improved from The Four Dectectives too.

I couldn't help myself and watched the first episode of this series just now. There's a lot of action and the choreography is very good. There was one particular shot that reminded me of the bend-over-backwards-to-dodge-bullets scene from The Matrix.

Julian looks a lot older in this show because he is literally frowning in every frame. I'm a fan of his character already, though. Wallace hasn't appeared yet.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I saw this 10min trailer that was offered on one of the recent mainland VCD sets I bought, and I was pretty amazed. Of course knowing that Wallace was the bad guy didn't sit well w/ me, yet the trailer was mostly showing him and his "battle" scenes w/ I guess the good guys (and it wasn't even one on one combat, I just felt bad to see that Wallace has to end up fighting all the good guys at one time in nearly all the scenes). The complete trailer was all background music (which sounded very familiar, but very nice)
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Yeah! I finally got this show, will forsake my beauty sleep and try to watch a few discs tonight *grin*
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Hi tinac! Yay for you! I thought you were going to watch "New Reincarnation", though? It seems like we're flipped, since I'm watching NR first, and then "Ni Shui Han".
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I only got the episode 20 through 40.. LOL... GRRRR...

Without first half, I have no idea what is going on, but heck.. I love LI XIAO RANNNNNNNNNN!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Hi tinac! Yay for you! I thought you were going to watch "New Reincarnation", though? It seems like we're flipped, since I'm watching NR first, and then "Ni Shui Han".
    Yeah, I gotta watch this one first because it's new and the video shop rush me, lots of people want to rent ... they give me priority 'coz I rent a lot of shows and I usually watch them pretty fast, very handy with the "FF" button.

I've watched 3 eps so far ... it kinda remind me of Wong Kar-Wai 's movie "Ashes or Time ", maybe it's the landsacpe. Still can't decide whether I like this series or not sometimes it's a tad too "artistic" for me.

BTW, do you find Wallace Chung's dressing a bit too feminine? It's the hairstyle, I keep thinking of Dong Fang Bu Bai when I see him, especially when he was playing that musical instrument.

Another thing that bug me is the timeline. In the beginning of the series, there is a voice over that this is during "Song" dynasty, but I though the "Si Da Ming Bu" is during Ming dynasty ... very confuse....
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")