Thread: Why was Emei Leadership passed to ZZR?

Default Why was Emei Leadership passed to ZZR?

1 If ZZR did not have access to the Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre through ZWJ, would Mie Juet have passed the Emei leadership onto her based on her having the highest long-term potential in martial arts?

2 If ZZR had similar or lower potential to her peers would she still have been made leader by Mie Juet due to her being able to retreive the secrets in the weapon?

3 If ZZR was going to be passed up on leadership would it be Ding Man Jun or Jing Lun (the more spiritual nun like one)?
    Last edited by Zhuge Liang; 09-14-04 at 02:43 PM.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    1 If ZZR did not have access to the Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre through ZWJ, would Mie Juet have passed the Emei leadership onto her based on her having the highest long-term potential in martial arts?

2 If ZZR had similar or lower potential to her peers would she still have been made leader by Mie Juet due to her being able to retreive the secrets in the weapon?

3 If ZZR was going to be passed up on leadership would it be Ding Man Jun or Jing Lun (the more spiritual nun like one)?
    I think at that time when Mei Jue passed E Mei leadership to ZZR, she mainly concerned with ZZR's greatest potential in comparison with other students, especially in terms of the potential to understand E Mei kongfu. So, even though ZZR is not a person who could retrieve the secret, I still think that Mei Jue would pass E Mei's leadership to her.

Regarding question 3, I don't think Ding Man Jun and Jing Lun have any potentials to be E Mei leaders. Their brains are limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Thai guy
    I think at that time when Mei Jue passed E Mei leadership to ZZR, she mainly concerned with ZZR's greatest potential in comparison with other students, especially in terms of the potential to understand E Mei kongfu. So, even though ZZR is not a person who could retrieve the secret, I still think that Mei Jue would pass E Mei's leadership to her.

Regarding question 3, I don't think Ding Man Jun and Jing Lun have any potentials to be E Mei leaders. Their brains are limited.

ZZR was the strudent who had most potential at the time not top mention the favorite.

Was ZZR able to live up to Meijue's hopes for her and realize her potential and glorify Emei after the conclusion of HSDS?

(p/s. This is possibly an academic question because the trilogy ended there and JY did not develop it further as far as I know. Are there any hints or references to this in other novels?)

Quote Originally Posted by wuming
    Was ZZR able to live up to Meijue's hopes for her and realize her potential and glorify Emei after the conclusion of HSDS?
    Since the Ngor Mei Sect was still a prominent martial arts sect during the time of STATE OF DIVINITY (which took place during the Ming Dynasty), I'm guessing Chow Chi Yerk didn't do too badly. At the very least, the Ngor Mei Sect didn't distintegrate on her watch (it did take a nasty turn, however, although that really started on Mit Jeut See Tai's watch).

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Since the Ngor Mei Sect was still a prominent martial arts sect during the time of STATE OF DIVINITY (which took place during the Ming Dynasty), I'm guessing Chow Chi Yerk didn't do too badly.
    ZZR was the fourth generation leader of Emei. At the time of State of Divinity, which leadership generation was it?

Meijue wanted ZZR to take Emei over Shaolin and Wudang. While Emei was still prominent, did it ever manage to surpass the Big Two at any point in time?

Quote Originally Posted by wuming
    ZZR was the fourth generation leader of Emei. At the time of State of Divinity, which leadership generation was it?

Meijue wanted ZZR to take Emei over Shaolin and Wudang. While Emei was still prominent, did it ever manage to surpass the Big Two at any point in time?
    I have never heard of Er Mei surpasses the Big Two at any points. In SOD, Er Mei does not have any roles. It seems to be very quiet sect. It is quite strange though.

i dont get why the mission for the heaven sword for er mei was. since KJ's daughter know more martial arts then anyone at the time why does she need to hide some secrets in the sword? i dont get the point of that. and the secret inside dont have all the martial arts she know. er mei should be clan with the best and most powerful martial arts but it didnt why is that?
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Most surprising is that Wudang survived the dearth of talent in its 3rd generation and was still or regained it's position by the time of SOD as the 2 big sects. It perhaps also showed that while top martial arts are important, those alone cannot elevate a sect to the top.

For one talented person to get a sect to the top is very rare, eg. ZSF and it took him a long time. Not to mention he was still inventing his most powerful skills when he was very old. ZZR seemed to be on the ultra fast-track plan. Had she not been in such a rush she may have had some better results on her first try.

It also seems that being top in skills does not necessarily guarantee your sect as one of the top dogs or at least not for very long. Emei's rather ruthless conduct could stop opposition at the Shaolin tournament but it would not win the hearts of all the heroes - being a mostly female sect they'd have to try twice as hard in the first place. Killing the Beggar Clan elder also stopped her ambitions before they barely began.

For Emei to gain more prominence it would need to win ppl's hearts and show a degree of moral conduct and virtue that others would aspire too. Shaolin's fighters are oft outclassed by other pugilists but they wulin still looked to them for leadership or they were assured a certain top position in events usually. And when they were bullied or in danger other sects would rally to save them.

So it seems that top skills excercised with virtuous conduct yields results greater than their parts would alone.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

1. I think she would, as she chose Yang Pu Hui's mother as her successor before she killed her.
    2. maybe, very likely
    3. No idea
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Not really on topic, but what the hey....

HSDS is pretty ironic isnt it.... Ming jiao, the unorthodox 'evil' sect has ZhangWuji the kindhearted (and kinda daft) guy as the head. While the supposedly orthodox 'good' sects such as E Mei have ruthless mean people like MieJue and ZhouZhiRuo as the head... Even Shaolin is so stupid to have ChengKun infiltrating them.... Wudang is like a blind sect, hiding in the mountains, and ill informed of the world.... All these orthodox sects were ruthless in trying to destroy Mingjiao on GuangMingDing, while Wuji showed them mercy and compassion in rescuing them from WanAn temple (even then, the elders of these sects did not trust his good intentions)... Sad really how such 'illustrious' sects can become so pathetic...

Most surprising is that Wudang survived the dearth of talent in its 3rd generation and was still or regained it's position by the time of SOD as the 2 big sects. It perhaps also showed that while top martial arts are important, those alone cannot elevate a sect to the top.

It also seems that being top in skills does not necessarily guarantee your sect as one of the top dogs or at least not for very long.

In Jinyong's world at least Wudang always seemed rather prominent and moralistic even with the setbacks mentioned above. Other writers like Gu Long and Liang Yu Shen didn't seem to take such a generous view of it however (especially with Bai Fa Mo Nu).

I also highly doubt ZZR would have been able to pass on much of her 9yin to her disciples. Even explained coherently or abbreviated by HR, I never got the impression that 9yin was something anyone with mediocre talent could just pick up and get much stronger with.

Quote Originally Posted by - L1n - View Post
    ZZR was the strudent who had most potential at the time not top mention the favorite.
    Yeah, she simply the best they had at the time. It surprises me that Emei isn't one of the best sect after HSDS since they have the complete 9-yin which is one of the best martial art ever created. It's arguably better than Sunflower Manual or Bixie Sword Play. I wonder why wulin didn't go after Emei over 9 yin instead of less powerful Bixie Sword Play of the Lam family.