Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: If u r ZWJ who will u choose

Although ZWJ is VERY wishy-washy about romance and relationship, he is the most kind and compassionate JY protagonist. He can forgive the various sects for forching his parents' death, willing to forgive Cheng Kun for what he had done against XX. He only wants everyone to forget revenge, repect each other and live happily together.

In terms of character, probably only the pre-Jiuying ZZR is suitable for him. Both are equally kind and compassionate before Jiuying Zhenjing reappears.
    ..ext88

*steps in and leaves a post*

I think its better that he sticks with ZW, since.. like most main heros that Jin Yong has wrote.. he's really good in martial arts.. but talking about wits..

ZWJ always get cheated by the beautiful girls that he met.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Arching_Hero View Post
    If I am ZWJ, for sure i'll shoose Xiao Zhao!!
    If Xiao Zhao didn't become Persia Princess, do you think ZWJ will choose Zhao Min?
    Just revisiting some old threads. It is an interesting question which I think have not been answered. Let me retrace my history of HSDS. When I was young, I basically like ZM (I think the only time I cried over a wuxia series was when ZM was forced to jump off the cliff when pursued by Ming people. You may not believe this. I can still remember this scene.)

Growing up, when later series allowed ZWJ and ZM to be together, I prefer ZZR. This could also be due to DGSD whereby I found it unfair for DY to be with WYY instead of MWQ since DY has agreed to marry MWQ first (what a relief when the later wish really happened. To be frank, I do not mind DY to be with WYY but he has to marry MWQ too). Hence, my preference moved to ZZR whom I felt that she has a heavy burden of the need to "restore" her kingdom.

With regard to XZ, my preference fluctuates. Among all the girls, I like XZ the most because I think her kindness is the purest. If I were ZWJ, I do not know whether I will marry her. But somehow, I will make an attempt or promise XZ that I will rescue her back. XZ is "my" best friend and "I" know that she does not want to leave "me".

Definitely ZZR. ZM deserves to die for all the bad deeds she has done for the Yuan Dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Definitely ZZR. ZM deserves to die for all the bad deeds she has done for the Yuan Dynasty.
    Why is Zhou Zhiruo any better?

Definitely zhao min!

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Why is Zhou Zhiruo any better?
    Zhou Zhirou did not help the Yuan Dynasty. ZZR did not kidnap numerous people of wulin and force them to give up their martial art to empower the Yuan Dynasty. Again, given what Zhao Min had done for the Yuan dynasty and how she treated the wulin people, she deserved to die.

Well, ZM was Mongolian royalty so what wrong did she do to help her own people against "rebels"? In the viewpoint of the Mongolians, ZM was a loyal national heroine until she sided with ZWJ. The Ming Sect did bad stuff to Lady Han (set her up to be raped, got her killed, and ruined her reputation) in their rescue of the 6 major wulin clans so everyone seems to overlook that because the book was written from the viewpoint of the Han Chinese. ZM was trying to save her dynasty and ZZR was trying to restore hers. Both used not-so-good means. So really, it all comes down to where everyone stand when looking at their actions.

Anyway, I think XZ is the only who I like to end up with ZWJ even though he only loves ZM. I feel that XZ is a lovely character but life with them together might be very boring. But as far as ZWJ is concerned, he chose to be ZM despite knowing her deeds and the consequences, so good for them.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Zhou Zhirou did not help the Yuan Dynasty. ZZR did not kidnap numerous people of wulin and force them to give up their martial art to empower the Yuan Dynasty. Again, given what Zhao Min had done for the Yuan dynasty and how she treated the wulin people, she deserved to die.
    What did you think of the thunder bullet incident?