Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: If u r ZWJ who will u choose

meh...i don't know why so many people like ZM, but personally, i think ZZR's definitely better. She may have turned evil and all, but really, it's more like how the people around and her environment made her rather anything.

Quote Originally Posted by wingz0
    meh...i don't know why so many people like ZM, but personally, i think ZZR's definitely better. She may have turned evil and all, but really, it's more like how the people around and her environment made her rather anything.
    No guy, you have at all wrong, it's not that ZZR turn evil is why we don't like her, it's the fact she's weak-willed, easily coerced, no sense of humor, unsympathetic, introverted, etc...We also like ZM very much.

And by "we", I mean "me".

Quote Originally Posted by wingz0
    The ZZR in the novel isn't this nice, actually. This version's ZZR is definitely alot nicer, and Alec's ZWJ's got alot of backbone. :

The actual ZZR is a conniving woman, and would stoop to nothing to achieve her purposes, even if it means making her dead teacher a scapegoat of all her crimes.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by goh_koon_hua
    who will u choose if u r ZWJ... *Zhao Min or Zhou ZhiRuo
    personally, zhou zhiruo. only because i was really fond of her character when i started reading the novel. she was very kind hearted, 'wenrou', and easy to sympathise, and how she first met zwj and took care of him when they were just kids. but then, jin yong went on to ruin the character for me and, the fact that after so many years i'm still pissed at him goes to show how much i cared. moreover, they shared something special first before he and zhao. as the saying goes, 'yi bu ru xin, ren bu ru jiu' so despite the fact that zm is the better choice logically, i still prefer zhiruo.

i choose zhao ming!
    shu Oguri Rox!!! LUV LUV Nakayama Yuma>>

if its nt based on the hsds03 version, i would choose zhao min cause i think her character suits wuji more bt after seeing gyy act as zhou zhi rou in hsds03, i would definitly choose her over zm...i dunno bt alec's wuji seems to be attracted to zzr more thn zm...the way he always looks at her n stuff seems to b like he's more mesmerized and has that special feeling for zzr...she was kind to him ever since they were kids...n she was forced to b evil cause of meijue...i dun think she used her shifu as a scapegoat for her crimes cause during that period, disciples held their shifu in high regard and respect n listen to them alot...furthermore mejue doted on zzr alot n brought her up n zzr being grateful would promise to repay her shifu's kindness...n fufill her shifu's death wishes..that shows how much she respects n loves her shifu bt that didnt stop her frm loving wuji... and i think gyy n alec r very compatible in hsds03...i think zzr loves wuji as much as zm...the fact that she was so hearbroken when he left their wedding can b seen in her turning so evil....u can juz sympathise w her pain n sorrow that she has to deal w...how would u imagine if the guy u love ran away w another woman during ur wedding after he constanly promises n assures u that he will marry, love n take care of u 4eva...bt i still disliked her for hurting zhu er and if she juz stole the swords n did nt hurt zhu er i would have think zzr is actually v kind deep down..bt i still felt v sorry for her when she turned evil after zwj left her....its like e white hair maiden kinda story...

Yes I agree with sunnysnow. I have been watching the HSDS2003 on channel 8 and I cant help but sympathsie with ZZR. Perhaps like what some of u all said, ZM would be a better choice if not based on HSDS2003. The character ZZR is portrayed as a character that is "so good" that one cant help but fall in love with her. Perhaps she is evil or smth in the book but I cant read chinese, so I can only base my thoughts on the HSDS 2003 show. So here's my choice.

If Im ZWJ, I will pick ZZR. Perhaps, its because of the actress or actors. But i think alec and gyy look great together Alyssia looks great with alec too. But i prefer alec with gyy more (my preference). Well the point to note that its not about loving someone who is evil or good. Its just about LOVE, plain simple love. There is no doubt that both ZM and ZZR love ZWJ to the core as they can't bear to hurt him. Come on, they are both kung-fu experts, they can drug ZWJ or lure him to a trap or whatever and finish this character off.

Perhaps Im more sympathetic to ZZR and I love her nature <=== the one where she is kind-hearted. I belive that she is not evil and that cruel from the start and its because of her teacher, mei jue that caused her to set foot on the wrong path. I believe that if given the proper guidance, the character ZZR will not turn out to be such a sad character in the show.

Sunnysnow, i agree with u. I was hoping that she didnt kill zhu'er but haiz.....And till now yes, Jing Yong..............I hate u. How can u turn such a good character into so evil and not give her a happy ending?

Does it also have to do with Gao Yuanyuan herself? She does have that very very sweet and innocent look so it might reinforce the image of ZZR's sad plight.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 09-22-04 at 12:27 PM.

Hmm.. ZM no doubt ,

I think it's pretty clear , who truly Loves ZWJ..

the 2 who truly loved ZWJ is ZM and Xiao Zhao
    as shown in the show, both of them really can't bear to truly hurt ZWJ ..

Well, ZZR poke ZWJ with the Heavenly sword .. this shows there somethings she place above the life of ZWJ.

Though this version of HSDS made it all looked particuly painful and indelibrate.for ZZR , in other versions , ZZR was more decisive and viscious..

If I am ZWJ, for sure i'll shoose Xiao Zhao!!
    If Xiao Zhao didn't become Persia Princess, do you think ZWJ will choose Zhao Min?
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

Quote Originally Posted by HynAvian
    Yes I agree with sunnysnow. I have been watching the HSDS2003 on channel 8 and I cant help but sympathsie with ZZR. Perhaps like what some of u all said, ZM would be a better choice if not based on HSDS2003. The character ZZR is portrayed as a character that is "so good" that one cant help but fall in love with her. Perhaps she is evil or smth in the book but I cant read chinese, so I can only base my thoughts on the HSDS 2003 show. So here's my choice.

If Im ZWJ, I will pick ZZR. Perhaps, its because of the actress or actors. But i think alec and gyy look great together Alyssia looks great with alec too. But i prefer alec with gyy more (my preference). Well the point to note that its not about loving someone who is evil or good. Its just about LOVE, plain simple love. There is no doubt that both ZM and ZZR love ZWJ to the core as they can't bear to hurt him. Come on, they are both kung-fu experts, they can drug ZWJ or lure him to a trap or whatever and finish this character off.

Perhaps Im more sympathetic to ZZR and I love her nature <=== the one where she is kind-hearted. I belive that she is not evil and that cruel from the start and its because of her teacher, mei jue that caused her to set foot on the wrong path. I believe that if given the proper guidance, the character ZZR will not turn out to be such a sad character in the show.

Sunnysnow, i agree with u. I was hoping that she didnt kill zhu'er but haiz.....And till now yes, Jing Yong..............I hate u. How can u turn such a good character into so evil and not give her a happy ending?
    so ur still watching e channel8 one....i was so bored n sick of it cause its so slow w only broadcasts on weekends and so much intervals n ads so my mom bought e series n i watched e whole series in like 2days....n i like to rewatch e part w zzr n zwj as well as zwj w zm....though i prefer zwj w zzr...which episode is channel8 showing now?

btw, i totally agree w u...zzr is very gentle n kind by nature since she was young...but emei sect had bad influence on her especially meijue...emei sect is well known for their prejudice and power crazy characteristics....like wad u said, if zzr did nt enter emei or had meijue as her shifu, i doubt she'll even harm any1....if she had e proper guidance..im sure if i were zwj i would definitly choose her...like wad zzr said in e end "if only zhang sanfeng had kept me in wudang and nt send me to emei i wouldnt have committed those sins"

likewise for zhao min, by nature since young she's a very mischevious n ambitious character...like e part when zwj was young n was captured by e mongolians, zhaomin gave him 3 slaps in e prison cause he called her a bad person...plus e mongolians n her shifus r rather rough n ruthless and her father loved n doted on her so much that she was rather spoilt so zhao min when she grew up she was v ambitious wanting to kill ppl n learn many martial arts cause of e way she was brought up...mongolians were known for their rough ways...bt she loved zwj so much that she was willing to change for him n betray her own ppl....

bt Arching_Hero i agree w u....if nt based on hsds03 i would definitly choose xiao zhao...nt only was she described the prettiest amg all 4 gers (in e novel) i think she loves zwj e most n she's e kindest and most loyal to zwj...she sacrificied herself to save zwj n e rest by going back to persia even though she loved zwj so much...i dunno bt zwj seems to love xiao zhao e most amg all gers n like dotes on her e most n respects her e most...if she didnt go back to persia i think zwj would have married her
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 09-23-04 at 03:52 AM.

btw, i totally agree w u...zzr is very gentle n kind by nature since she was young...but emei sect had bad influence on her especially meijue...emei sect is well known for their prejudice and power crazy characteristics....like wad u said, if zzr did nt enter emei or had meijue as her shifu, i doubt she'll even harm any1....if she had e proper guidance..im sure if i were zwj i would definitly choose her...like wad zzr said in e end "if only zhang sanfeng had kept me in wudang and nt send me to emei i wouldnt have committed those sins"
    You agreed with what ZZR said? Then you've fallen for her malicious lies.

You see, all Miejue told ZZR/force her to promise is as below:

1) Never had anything to do with ZWJ. If married to ZWJ, her sons would be slaves and her daughters would be prostitutes for all their lives.
    2) MUST get the Dragon Sabre and retrieve the Heavenly Sword. For the Dragon Sabre, she might have to seduce ZWJ for that.
    3) After breaking the weapons, get the stuff inside, learn the skill so as to bring fame and glory to Emei, and to give Wumu Yishu to a patriotic man who would drive the Mongolians out.

So you can tell from above, Miejue NEVER TOLD ZZR TO KILL YIN LI. Never told her to do another dozen of naughty deeds ZZR did after Miejue's death. She never did. It's all by ZZR's own choices and decisions to do those evil deeds, and she needs to look innocent and taken advantage of by pushing blame to poor Miejue. And guess what? Miejue's dead, so she can't defend for herself, could she?

It isn't even ZSF's fault to begin with. There's hardly any female disciples in Wudang. In a way, ZSF's trying to help her and protect her in the first place, and what he got in the end was to get blamed for things which wasn't his fault, and which he didn't want to happen. What ZZR was really meaning was, 'crap you ZSF, if you've taken me back to Wudang in the first place, ZWJ would most definitely be mine and I wouldn't turn out like this, just because he jilted me!'.

Besides, you are as prejudiced too. Emei Sect isn't prejudiced. Miejue is the prejudiced one. Her students were merely doing as she says, even if they agree or not. Emei students weren't power crazy either. It's just Ding Minjun who's power crazy. How is that enough to accuse the entire Emei Sect to be guilty?

And this is a good topic to look at.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=6687
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 09-23-04 at 12:04 PM.

even as a child, zzr is the kind of person who really know what to say, to make her well-liked. shes a scheming little *****. smart lady though. and she really don't give too much damn to her teacher. she blatantly want to marry zwj even though her teacher forbades?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    Did u forget about Ji Xiao Fu? JXF was also an emei sect member and Mijue's favourite student. She was also the intended successor of Mijue. I'm sure Mijue gave as much 'guidance' to JXF as ZZR. But did JXF do any bad thing? No. Did she blame anyone for all the hardships she encountered? No.

If ZZR is really kind and gentle by nature, she would turn out to be like JXF. ZZR just like to blame everyone but herself for all the bad things she did. Instead of taking responsibility for her wrongdoings, she go and blame it on Z3F.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Did u forget about Ji Xiao Fu? JXF was also an emei sect member and Mijue's favourite student. She was also the intended successor of Mijue. I'm sure Mijue gave as much 'guidance' to JXF as ZZR. But did JXF do any bad thing? No. Did she blame anyone for all the hardships she encountered? No.

If ZZR is really kind and gentle by nature, she would turn out to be like JXF. ZZR just like to blame everyone but herself for all the bad things she did. Instead of taking responsibility for her wrongdoings, she go and blame it on Z3F.
    Well. JXF didn't have the luck to meet a jerk like ZWJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    Well. JXF didn't have the luck to meet a jerk like ZWJ.
    Why do u consider ZWJ a jerk? or r u just joking?

He's a bit of a jerk for blindly listening to ppl when they tell him to marry someone he does not truly love. And for not having the guts to face up to his own feelings till many ppl are hurt.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

In Alec's Heart 0=) Title: Alec's #1 Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    He's a bit of a jerk for blindly listening to ppl when they tell him to marry someone he does not truly love. And for not having the guts to face up to his own feelings till many ppl are hurt.

well hes just a confused boy who cant say no to nice ppl, who to blame ne?
    Alec Su Forever!!

~Bratty Princess Rox~

[Jay Chou]~[JJ Lin]~[S.H.E]~[Jolin Cai]~[Se7en]~[DBSG]

Quote Originally Posted by kidd

I am giving my opinion based on the tv version.

MJ instructed JXF to kill Yang Siao but JXF refused. MJ asked her again and JXF still refused. MJ then killed her immediately, no pleading whatsoever.

Years later, MJ instructed ZZR to seduce ZWJ and steal the sabre/sword to glorify Ermei and chase out the Mongols. MJ earnestly believed that ZWJ and the Mongol princess ZM are in cahoots and if they should uncover the secrets of the sabre/sword, China will be ruined and Ermei will have no chance to dominate the martial world.

MJ agreed that using seduction is a lowdown trick, but for the sake of China and Ermei, it has to be done at all cost (something to this effect). She impressed this upon ZZR.

Despite that, ZZR was reluctant and said she would rather die than go through with this devious plot. But did MJ kill her immediately as she did with JXF? No. MJ went all soft and weepy, pleaded with her and knelt down to beg her, saying that she will not rise until ZZR agrees to do it. Knowing the teacher/student culture at that time, it is unthinkable for a teacher to kneel down before a student. ZZR was coerced under duress to accept MJ's terms.

Of course, we don't know if JXF will kill YS had MJ also knelt down and begged her. But the point is, MJ is largely responsible for ZZR's acts. And ZZR wouldn't have known MJ had Z3F not sent her to Ermei. Just a series of cause and effect.

Sidenote:

It has been argued that ZZR reneged on her agreement with MJ not to marry ZWJ, so she could have also reneged on her agreement to steal the sabre/sword.

I am not sure, but did ZZR agree not to marry ZWF? Rather, I thought she was made to vow that should she marry ZWF, her parents will be disturbed in their graves, MJ will become a wandering ghost to haunt her, and her children will suffer badly. There's a difference there.

If the above is correct, she did not reneged on her agreement by marrying ZWJ.

In fact, that she was willing to accept the curses to her own parents, teacher and future children in order to marry ZWJ showed that she does love him a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang

He did intend to go through the marriage ultimately and fulfill his promise to ZZR. I give that to him. That wasn't what made him a jerk in my opinion.

What made him a jerk was to desert the bride at the altar. Yes, he has to choose at that moment whether to follow ZM to get info on his godfather's whereabouts or to go through with the marriage and ignore ZM.

With hindsight, we can say that his choice was wrong because it turned out that Shaolin was going to issue an open invitation to "slay the lion" anyway. So he would have known that his godfather was at Shaolin whether he followed ZM or not.

Of course, at that moment, he doesn't know that. So why do I think he is a jerk for deserting the bride? His lack of respect for his wife to be. After he was shown the hair, he could easily have told ZZR and the wedding guests what he has to do. How long will that take? Surely, people can understand why he has to go. A life is at stake and postponing a wedding to save a life is a small price to pay. But leaving with nary a word is being a jerk. With his superior kungfu, he can easily catch up with ZM after saying something.

[Note: Whether ZZR (aware that the lion king can unravel her secrets), will be happy even though ZWJ had communicated his intentions, is irrelevant. ZWJ would have shown he was a responsible bridesgroom who respected his bride and her feelings, not a jerk who embarassed her by leaving her at the altar without any explanation.)