Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: [Channel U] Yi Xin Ren ( 易心人 )

Why does the press conference looked more like a staged trevalogue, preople dressing their best and talking in such a way instead of the usual long table and all? Looks weird. What I meant is why the interview looked like a news coverage, interview of leaders and business people instead of a promo?

And after looking at the screencaps, I do wonder, how come so many people punching everybody in this series?
    Last edited by Funn Lim; 10-13-04 at 08:46 AM.
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

Why is he standing by that you know, like he's gonna jump? Someone wrote and said his character is evil, mean, bad to the core.

Wuchang do you mind giving a recap for episode 2? I saw in the screencaps something rather interesting, like I see someone being ...can I say rape? Who's that girl and why is this bastard doing this?
    Last edited by Funn Lim; 10-13-04 at 12:09 PM.

Shaun just found out he has some kind of heart disease (ischemic cardiomyopathy) and has only 6 months to live. He was going to commit suicide if not for the intervention of Ann Kok. His only hope is a heart transplant.

The first episode does not show much of Shaun's evil side but more of his manipulative skills in getting exactly what he wants.

The girl being rape is Ann Kok. The disfigured woman appears to be Shaun's wife.

The first episode is good. It managed to grab my attention throughout the hour.
    Last edited by wuchang; 10-13-04 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wuchang
    Shaun just found out he has some kind of heart disease (ischemic cardiomyopathy) and has only 6 months to live. He was going to commit suicide if not for the intervention of Ann Kok. His only hope is a heart transplant.

The first episode does not show much of Shaun's evil side but more of his manipulative skills in getting exactly what he wants.

The girl being rape is Ann Kok. The disfigured woman appears to be Shaun's wife.

The first episode is good. It managed to grab my attention throughout the hour.

I look at the screencaps also I find it interesting. I do wonder who disfigured his wife? Why is he so mean? I think the answers are in tonight's episode, so please recap PLEASSSEEEE!

So far I have received a few mails that this series is interesting. What i find interesting is after finding out he's gonna die, he goes on and do more bad things? What a character! So basically episode one already we know he's dying?

Cast Names

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img82.exs.cx/img82/6590/yxr-names.jpg')

Relations

Li Wenhai (father)
    - Peter Yu (eldest son) Wife - Ye Sumei
    - Huang Youxiang (second son) Wife - Ann Poh
    - Shaun Chen (youngest son)

Wai Ying Hong (Li Wenhai's wife)
    - Ericia Lee (daughter)

Seems like the second wife. Shaun does not have a warm relationship with her.

Chen Kuan-Tai (father, recently out of jail)
    - Ann Kok (plays twins)

So far we've only seen the elder twin, girlfriend of Darren Lim.

Xu Qiongfang (mother)
    - Darren Lim (son)

Ong Ai Leng plays the disfigured ex-girlfriend of Shaun.

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/hey/sto...69540,00.html?

================================================== =====

Twists and turns in these lanes

WATCH IT By Yeoh Wee Teck
    [email protected]

WHEN I read the synopsis of the new Channel U drama Changing Lanes, I had one verdict - pretentious and convoluted.

But watching it was another experience.

Somehow it came together nicely in a taut, riveting drama.

To explain the many story threads would do the series a disservice.

But here's the crux: The actions of a rich man and his morally bankrupt sons trigger events like suicide, rape, molest, abuse, affairs, pregnancies, abortions and even a heart transplant.

The good turn bad, the bad turn good; a twin causes havoc; and those who appear good are rotten inside. Upheaval ensues and everyone is damaged in the end when they get their comeuppance.

It sounds melodramatic - and it is - but it caught my attention and, as the action is played out amid tears and screams, everything made perfect sense and I was compelled to watch the next episode.

Changing Lanes stars Ann Kok, Shaun Chen, Li Wenhai, Peter Yu, Ann Poh, Darren Lim, Ong Ai Leng and Ericia Lee. It also features Hong Kong veterans Chen Kuan-tai and Wai Ying Hung in excellent performances.

Wenhai and Ann also stand out for their layered acting, while their co-stars generally turn in above-average performances.

This could well be MediaWorks' final drama production, and it is a fitting goodbye. Just like MediaWorks' fledgling drama unit, Changing Lanes is ambitious, unexpected and still a tad raw around the edges.

They should be proud that they've come this far in so short a time.

# Changing Lanes is showing over Channel U, weekdays at 9pm.

I notice in the screencaps our hero basically let go of his pregnant GF, and I assume that disfigured her. Baby's gone and all I guess. This character is one rotten character. I wonder which other character can be worse than him?

What are the characters names anyway?

Shaun finds out Ai Leng is pregnant. He never wanted a child but now, due to his illness, was happy that he has an heir. He even went so far as to change his will to bequeath all his assets to his child and gave 20% to Ai Leng.

But later he found out that the child was not his. So in his fury, he caused Ai Leng's disfigurement. He then set his eyes on Ann Kok. He tried ways and means to lure her into his arms but to no avail. In the end he resorted to chloroforming and rape.

An uneven episode. I didn't like it. Everything happened so suddenly. First appearance of Ai Leng as Xue'er, next thing we know she's pregnant. Then we find out it's not Shaun's. Then the disfigurement. All in one episode.

This episode had many hard to swallow plot developments.

Shaun Chen - Liang Chengzhi Marcus
    Ann Kok - Zhao Xiuwen
    Li Wenhai - Liang Bonian
    Peter Yu - Liang Chengyong
    Huang Youxiang - Liang Chengwu
    Ye Sumei - Zhang Lingzhi
    Ann Poh - Li Peiyu
    Darren Lim - Zhang Wenguang
    Xu Qiongfang - Huang Caifeng
    Xia Chuan - Lei Wanting
    Ong Ai Leng - Xu Xue'er
    Chen Kuan-Tai - Zhao Haisheng
    Ericia Lee - Liang Chengxin
    Wai Ying Hong - Lin Su Lan

Quote Originally Posted by wuchang
    Shaun finds out Ai Leng is pregnant. He never wanted a child but now, due to his illness, was happy that he has an heir. He even went so far as to change his will to bequeath all his assets to his child and gave 20% to Ai Leng.

But later he found out that the child was not his. So in his fury, he caused Ai Leng's disfigurement. He then set his eyes on Ann Kok. He tried ways and means to lure her into his arms but to no avail. In the end he resorted to chloroforming and rape.

An uneven episode. I didn't like it. Everything happened so suddenly. First appearance of Ai Leng as Xue'er, next thing we know she's pregnant. Then we find out it's not Shaun's. Then the disfigurement. All in one episode.

This episode had many hard to swallow plot developments.
    Squeezing all that in one hour is a bit too fast, true. Maybe they want to get away with all that nitty gritty details and move on. Is that girl in bikini her lover or step sister?

Talking Hm

Anymore pics? I love Shaun Chen.

Xue'er deserve to die. she shouldn't have cheated my idol.

hey anyone know who sing the theme song and where i can find it i thnk its by a guy name bo yu hao

shaun chen acting is great but i tot the show is kinda of lenghty

if not wrong, shaun chen in the show will alter have a heart transplant with ann koks heart after she died, through all this he realizes that he is fufilling ann kok's wishes.

if possible wuchang can please post the pictures bigger i hope to get the opening song lyrics