Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the best Taiwanese Series you've watched so far?

im still watching Bratty Princess... and so far its really good and funny!
    I loved WZBQW and ISWAK sooo much -- they were both so cute and hilarious too i stayed up long nights to finish them up!
    Tried watching meteor garden... but i thought the beginning was too slow? thinking about continuing... because ppl have raved about it but not too sure...
    Also, devil beside was sweet.. Mike He was HAWT in that one..
    ya, that's all ive seen so far!
    oOoOObubblesOOoOo

Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    I think anyone who's read any of my posts knows how I feel. Here are some REALLY GOOD ones, you will not regret watching:

1. It Started With a Kiss (E Zuo Ju Zhi Wen)
    2. Pearl Princess 1 (Huan Zhu Ge Ge 1)

Some others that are good but take time to get through because they're long but they're still amazing:

1. Fairy from Wonderland (Tian Wai Fei Xian)
    2. Polien Lantern (Bao Lian Deng)

Lemme know how it goes and what you end up watching! I'm still watching more so there might be many I'm missing!
    what's Pearl Princess about??? can u watch it on youtube?
    oOoOObubblesOOoOo

In order:
    1. WZBQW -- absoolutely <3 this drama.. so cute and funny
    2. ISWAK -- i think im going to watch it again and again
    3. Mischievous Princess... Jang Nara and Alec Su..love them
    4. Devil Beside you: Mike He is HAwwt and Rainie was sooo cute... like the ending

... thos are some of the ones i liked.. mostly because they were funny and cute and i liked the cast!
    oOoOObubblesOOoOo

the prince who turned into a frog - awesome cast and acting

i'm watching "rock paper scissors" right now with shao wei & qiao en. so far, looks promising too.
    ---------
    Shellie

I've only seen one Taiwanese series and i ended up really liking it. And that would happen to be It Started with a Kiss.

In my opinion, At the Dolphin Bay is the best, and now I'm looking forward to watching the new series My Lucky Star

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by septembermoon16
    Man I miss the good ol' days of Taiwanese dramas. How with the craze over K-dramas (not that i mind i do enjoy watching those too), but the video stores seem to have forgotten about the Taiwanese entertainment! I'm feeling desperate for a good solid T-modern. Please steer me in the right direction!
    Since ure a fan of vic zhou,i recommend you to watch Silence if u havent.I think u might love it Its my only fav taiwanese drama so far..of course i havent watch many others..theres stg abt taiwanese dramas that i duno..kinda put me off from watching i guess.But silence is of a different league...i feel it has some kinda korean touch to it.hehe.all in all,it rocks.IMO anyway
    Last edited by blue_bubbles; 03-01-07 at 03:57 AM.

I dun reli fancy taiwanese shows..Only have one fav : Silence

Yet to watch the very famous shows thats been mentioned like crazy here : mars, ISWAK,prince turned into a frog,green forest.Wonder if i'll ever get to watch any of this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_bubbles
    Since ure a fan of vic zhou,i recommend you to watch Silence if u havent.I think u might love it Its my only fav taiwanese drama so far..of course i havent watch many others..theres stg abt taiwanese dramas that i duno..kinda put me off from watching i guess.But silence is of a different league...i feel it has some kinda korean touch to it.hehe.all in all,it rocks.IMO anyway
    blue_bubbles -- heh heh thanxs for the recommendation, funny how i just read it right after FINISHING SILENCE!! and yes you're right i did enjoy it! loved Vic's role (but i might just be a tad bias )

ok i have one recommendation of my own: EVERYONE THIS IS A MUST WATCH --

Devil Beside You! and here's why you need to run to the nearest rental/store A.S.A.P.

- the HOTNESS of Mike He (underline hotness)
    - Enduring storyline (really sweet mix between romance/comedy/drama)
    - After two episodes - you're HOOKED! (i was up until the wee hours of 3 in the morning watching this drama)
    - It got quite a few memorable characters - you will be rooting for them inidividually
    - and last but not least - the HOTNESS OF Mike He!

Quote Originally Posted by blue_bubbles
    I dun reli fancy taiwanese shows..Only have one fav : Silence

Yet to watch the very famous shows thats been mentioned like crazy here : mars, ISWAK,prince turned into a frog,green forest.Wonder if i'll ever get to watch any of this lol.
    Yeaahh! You surely should watch "The Prince Who Turn Into A Frog" it's really good! I bought the series with special features that show them on their concerts and music videos! Well before that I download it on youtube. WATCH IT! WATCH IT! WATCH IT! It's a must watch!

I think "Hana Kimi" has been the best so far.

It is updated and not a boring minute. ALSO I am glad it do not fully follow the book. Whereas they need to rearrange only a few storyline so I do not have to reread the manga.

I hugely recommend "Angel Lover". It stars Ming Dao, newcomer Bianca Bai Xin Hui, Alex To (though he only last for 14 episodes, and CoCo Chiang Yi.

This series initially you'd think it's another idols series, but the more I watched the more I feel this series has more heart and substance than your typical series. The script was extremely well-written. There are also a ton of great actresses in each sub-story which increases the quality of the show. The music is awesome as well.

The highlight of the show is definitely the astronomical compatiblity between the leads of Ming Dao and Bianca Bai Xin Hui (this is her very first lead series as well). They are funny, adorable, and acted their roles out so smoothly. They both make you laugh as well as put a few tears in your eyes. A lot of the other actresses also has the power to make my eyes teary.

This show is 40 episodes and I finished in 4 days, which is a surprise since I haven't had the patience lately to sit down to complete a series, maybe it's because I haven't seen much high quality shows of late either.

So, go out and buy or rent "Angel Lover" (Tian Shi Qing Ren)!!! You won't be disappointed.

By the way, I'm on my 3rd time watching this show already!!! Yup, that's how much I love it.

May I list a few?

In no particular order:

* Legend of the Twin Jade (Shuang Bi Chuan Shou) starring the late Hsu Wei Lun, Zhang Tian Ling

* Hit School (Cao Ren Qi Xue Yuan) starring Alyssa Chia

* Angel Lover (Tian Shi Qing Ren) starring Ming Dao and Bianca Bai Xin Hui

Ummm....there are a few but i gotta say that these are my fav:
    Mars
    The Outsiders
    Prince Turns into a Frog

Quote Originally Posted by tennisrocks
    I hugely recommend "Angel Lover". It stars Ming Dao, newcomer Bianca Bai Xin Hui, Alex To (though he only last for 14 episodes, and CoCo Chiang Yi.

This series initially you'd think it's another idols series, but the more I watched the more I feel this series has more heart and substance than your typical series. The script was extremely well-written. There are also a ton of great actresses in each sub-story which increases the quality of the show. The music is awesome as well.

The highlight of the show is definitely the astronomical compatiblity between the leads of Ming Dao and Bianca Bai Xin Hui (this is her very first lead series as well). They are funny, adorable, and acted their roles out so smoothly. They both make you laugh as well as put a few tears in your eyes. A lot of the other actresses also has the power to make my eyes teary.

This show is 40 episodes and I finished in 4 days, which is a surprise since I haven't had the patience lately to sit down to complete a series, maybe it's because I haven't seen much high quality shows of late either.

So, go out and buy or rent "Angel Lover" (Tian Shi Qing Ren)!!! You won't be disappointed.

By the way, I'm on my 3rd time watching this show already!!! Yup, that's how much I love it.

I really want to see it! Though I can't buy or rent it! My mom will kill me if I buy another drama off the web..and I can't think of a place anywhere to buy it from..! Because I order "Prince Turn to Frog" "Star Apple Tree" and "Magicians of love" my mom almost killed me! THIS SUCKSS!

Watch the "prince who turn into a frog" ot's good!
    MingDao+QiaoEn 4-ever!

Default best taiwanese drama

Hana Kim

Prince that turns into Frog

OLD
    Wan Zhu Ge Ge (I)

Just bought a few new Taiwanese dramas will update after I watch.

Cheers

Tell me if you know all the series that Ming Dao in it Please! Also tell me if he played the leading male in it..I liked it when he is the leading role mostly..In "Heaven Wedding Gown" he isn't the leading male so I wasn't into it much..though he is a good actor in that series..SO please tell me or list it if you know all the series

Thumbs up Stealing Dragon Exchanging Phoenix 1 (SDEP)

Stealing Dragon Exchanging Phoenix or "Tou Long Chuan Feng" a.k.a The Switch 1 with ZHANG TING and VINCENT JIAO. I laughed from beginning to almost the end. Highly talented actors and actresses and very funny. Need a pick-me up when you are down? Watch this.....The best ever.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvJoJo
    I really want to see it! Though I can't buy or rent it! My mom will kill me if I buy another drama off the web..and I can't think of a place anywhere to buy it from..! Because I order "Prince Turn to Frog" "Star Apple Tree" and "Magicians of love" my mom almost killed me! THIS SUCKSS!
    check your pm.