Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: What's the best Taiwanese Series you've watched so far?

Has anyone heard of a Taiwanese series called 霸王花 with Moon Lee? It's one of the dramas that got me into Chinese tv series when I was growing up. I haven't watched many current Taiwanese series but I love love love 霸王花 and still have really fond memories of it.

Ending Theme

Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    Has anyone heard of a Taiwanese series called 霸王花 with Moon Lee? It's one of the dramas that got me into Chinese tv series when I was growing up. I haven't watched many current Taiwanese series but I love love love 霸王花 and still have really fond memories of it.
    I've seen this. I didn't really like it. Moon Lee was cool, Shirley and her boyfriend had great chemistry. But the rest of the film was 'meh'. The brother and sister really threw me off though, I thought they were in love with each other. Not really keen on full Incest stories.

Best Taiwanese series for me will always be Judge Pao.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

I must have been too young when this came out to notice the brother and sister love thing. I never got the impression of romantic love between them just the sister's constant frustration and worry because her brother always gets into trouble with the police which puts her into a conflict of interest position. But yea, maybe I was just too young to notice at the time.

I like Justice Bao too but it didn't touch me nearly as much as this. There are many Justice Bao actors/actresses in this series, too! For example, the sister was Zhan Zhao's childhood sweetheart in one of Justice Bao's cases.

How old where you when you watched it? I was about 9 I think. I feel in love with Moon Lee and started watching all of her films, on VHS. I remember her name was "tieu bat diem" in Vietnamese.

Justice Bao had its ups and down but it's still one of the only Taiwanese shows I rewatch every couple of years. With the fast forward button handy.

I recently saw Summer Fever, thought it had its moments and it was a nice film, not the best but not the worst either.

I might be the only one that really likes this, but I really liked Ting Yuan Shen Shen. I saw it only a couple of years ago, having watched it as a child and not understanding anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kng0RoEjlrw

Oh, I was older than you when I watched it. It was around 5th or 6th grade. I was still in elementary school at the time.

I watched Ting Yuan Shen Shen with my mom when I was young. It's funny because I wouldn't say I liked the series but looking back, I enjoyed the time spent with her when I watched all those series with her. She hated that I read Qiong Yao novels but she didn't mind so much when I want to watch Qiong Yao dramas with her, haha.

Lol we were the apposite I believe. My mum wanted me to read and watch with her but I refused too so she made me sit there with her anyway. So I had an aversion to any Qiong Yao stuff. But years ago, I happened across this song and was attracted to it then wen to watch the MV. I spoke to my sister about it and she told me it was a good film. Having exhausted my patience with the current pickings, I decided to give it a go and have now watched the majority of Qiong Yao's films, movies from the 70's included, drama's and books.

I recently caught another Taiwanese drama, an older one, came about early to mid 90's, it was about a couple who couldn't have kids and the wife was a Councillor, she went took in this young girl and treated her very well and then agreed with that girl that that girl could be a surrogate mother to her child. Well something happened their relationship turned bad and the girl set out to steal her husband and child. I watched up to the mid way point where she just found out that her husband is cheating on her and she gets into an accident or commits suicide. Anyone know this film?

Mars (2004) Starring Barbie Hsu e Vic Zhou. Excelent.
    Attachment 10232

Bump off Lover, starring Angela Chang