Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: What's the best Taiwanese Series you've watched so far?

I dont used to watch taiwanese dramas before(especialy idol dramas),as i prefer the WuXia and fantasy genre.But after LOCH 2008 and Tian Wai Fei Xian i love Ariel Lin and i deide to give a chance in ISWAK1 and 2.And i loved.What a great serials.Is a week now who finish the first season and now i watch the second.And i love both.Afer tthat i have watch and some episodes for others taiwanese dramas (mostly with Ariel Lin bu and some others like Hana Kimi,devil beside you,or pandamen).but ISWAK series is by far the best.Ariel Lin and Joe Cheng Is by far the better couple so far and imho Ariel is beyond compedition for any other actress in this genre.The only other idol drama who i like so far is the devil beside you.But even if the first lady is a very sweet and beautiful girl is not the super talented Lin YiChen.

I've only watched a few, I loved Loch08/Tian Wei Fei Xian.

Love or Bread was good, brought me away from Wuxia/Fantasy style for a bit. Very short makes it great, if were an 20-30 eps series I would get bored for last part.

After watching some rating and suggestions I watched It started with a kiss/They kiss again. ISWAK was okay but getting boring. They kiss again was totally failling... dont understand why people rate ISWAK #1

MARS

It's probably the only T-drama where the whole cast gives superb performances the whole way through and the story/character development has depth that holds up under multiple repeat viewings. This drama basically established Vic Chou as a serious actor instead of just the F4 pretty-boy image he had previously. Without MARS, you probably wouldn't have gotten to enjoy Vic in stuff like Black & White (which has the same director as MARS...) later on. This show similarly showed that Barbie Xu could do more than the cliche idol-drama female characters that she was the poster child for due to the success of Meteor Garden. After MARS, Barbie started shedding her idol drama image and doing more movie roles (including some more mature ones), only doing a TV series every couple years or so. The subject matter of the show is more mature and generally more serious, but it is balanced wonderfully by the occasional touch of light-hearted stuff that thankfully doesn't dip into the childish end. All-in-all, if you only watch one Taiwanese Drama in your lifetime, I'd say you should definitely watch this one... and I do mean that with all seriousness.

Thumbs up

i like very much..XD
    1.Meteor Garden
    2.MARS
    3.Hanakimitachie(taiwan version)
    4.Taro is poor prince(taiwan version)
    5.the girl in blue..

and i want to watch..
    1.autumn concerto...
    2.fated to love....

fated to love u!

a chinese ghost story (i think it's taiwanese?) or eternity. i haven't seen a lot of taiwanese series or even any chinese series lately though. i must clarify that the only main character i like was nie yuan. i don't really pay attention to the others but i just loved how they tied everything together at the end. it was the concept of star crossed lovers that made me like this series. really want to see something good now but can't find anything.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

AUTUMN'S CONCERTO - MY all-time favorite DRAMA
    Go Ren Family!!!
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee396/anyixuan/vklWX.jpg'), '')

Default FAVORITE

I personally think Black and White is the best.
    It's filmed so much like a movie and the actings are really great.
    I love the female lead, Ivy Chen.
    There's someone I know who look's like her:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rwyF-0j0y8
    Except Ivy has much bigger eyes.
    They're so huge O.O

My Favourite Movie.
    1.Fated To Love You
    2.Hi My Sweetheart
    3.MIT
    4.Prince Turn Into Frog

meteor garden, my lucky star, devil beside you, bullfighting
    Last edited by nancie; 08-06-11 at 07:49 PM.
    Aaron Yan Mike He
    Yamapi Kim HyunJoong Lee Joon Lee HongKi

Meteor Garden (the classic of all Taiwanese idol dramas) and most recently, Autumn's Concerto starring Ady An & Vaness Wu. I loved Black & White too. And I have a soft spot for anything with Eddie Peng in it (e.g. Wayward Kenting, Honey & Clover).

Are Taiwanese dramas the general epitome of cliques and over-used plotlines designed to incorporate as much angst as possible into the story through car crashes, comas, epic misunderstandings resulting in separation lasting years, love triangles.etc?

I'm asking as I've watched Fated to Love You, some of Meteor Garden/Shower (both the old with F4 and new one), Hama something with Fahrenheit, and a few more rom-com type ones and whilst I enjoyed them initially, the plot developments were too predictable and long winded. Therefore good recommendations wouldn't go amiss.

Incidentally, I did enjoy Brown Sugar Machiato and Brown Sugar Chivalries featuring Lollipop and Hei Girls as they were the first Taiwanese dramas I watched and rather enjoyed the OTT acting and cutesy sweet characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    Are Taiwanese dramas the general epitome of cliques and over-used plotlines designed to incorporate as much angst as possible into the story through car crashes, comas, epic misunderstandings resulting in separation lasting years, love triangles.etc?
    Yes, I believe ShimmerDreamz has pointed out all the key things that make Taiwanese dramas DRAMAS.
    I haven't touched on any classic T Dramas yet (and I don't want to, definitely not in the near and forseeable future). But interestingly, new T-Dramas such as Autumn's Concerto and Fated to Love You were the two that got me addicted for about 1 year into T Dramas
    *rattling on*
    Summer's Desire, My Lucky Star, Autumn's Concerto, Fated to Love You, Drunken to Love You (starring Rainie Yang), Hi My Sweetheart, Devil Beside You, Why Why Love are just a FEW of the many, many clique and overly predicatable T Dramas, which finally made me disinterested in T-Dramas once and for all...
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 07-04-11 at 07:48 AM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

my favorite taiwanese series?
    1. Meteor Garden
    2. It started with a kiss
    3. They kissed again
    i really really love these series..i love dao ming zhi and zhi shu..waaaa

Hi MY Sweetheart and Devil Besides You are the best series in Taiwan. Rainie Yang is Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by allen2792 View Post
    AUTUMN'S CONCERTO - MY all-time favorite DRAMA
    Go Ren Family!!!
    Oh yeah you rock! I say the same!

My most favorite Taiwan drama would be "Fated to love you" by Ethan Ruan and Joe Chen..more recent one would be "In time with you" by Ariel Lin and Chen Bo Lin.

same lol

my list would be

- Fated To Love You
    - Meteor Garden
    - The Prince Who Turn Into A Frog
    - Fierce Wife
    - In Time With You

most recent would be The Queen of SOP
    Last edited by dramalala; 02-23-13 at 10:20 AM.

My most favourite would have to be:
    It Started With a Kiss and of course its sequel They Kiss Again
    Can't imagine how many times I've rewatched this series, and I'm a person who absolutely hates rewatching the same thing!

Others I really liked:
    The Prince Who Turn Into A Frog
    Autumn's Concerto
    Black & White
    My Lucky Star
    Smiling Pasta
    Fated to Love You

Eh, my favorite? That would have to be Lavender.