Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sunny Chan

one question here..it may be stupid.
    i heard in the past that sunny and charmaine sheh used to dating in 97 or so ..its that true ?? anyone heard of that b4
    best friends are like credit cards, we need them forever ...

Quote Originally Posted by PucCaa
    one question here..it may be stupid.
    i heard in the past that sunny and charmaine sheh used to dating in 97 or so ..its that true ?? anyone heard of that b4
    i've never heard of that and i don't think so cuz I think Sunny's been married... and he's a little too old for Charmaine.. and she was Miss. HK in 97 so it could be but it probably isn't...
    currently in love with: Moses Chan and Bernice Liu

yes. haven't heard of that too. where did you hear that news?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I'm a little annoyed actually, lol. Since all of Sunny's roles recently haven't been very good. Either he is like a supporting cast to others or a lead whose character is annoying. Like in Strike at Heart, there was nothing in that role that made Sunny really stand out. Its dissapointing to see him in that role since basically there wasn't that much screen time or anything to it. Then there is Just Love. Gosh, annoying character even though there was cute moments and all. I do hope the serie Turbulant Times of a Beauty will make up for all of this ^___^
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

yes i agree with you. i wonder why tvb always puts him in sissy roles like in strike at heart and just love where in fact he can be a macho character as in dif4 and once upon a time in shanghai!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

o geez, someone plz gimme a picture of him plz
    i cant remember actors by names n this guy sounds so hottt!!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tvb.com.cn/photo/chstar/photo/medias/2001-08-22_20055.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

wow, that pic took me by surprise! im kinda expecting some studio shoots or screen caps or perhaps a normal smiling pic of sunny
    cherrie

o ok i know this guy then, watched him many times b4.
    Yea hes kindda coolbut i dont really like him, and i think hes getting old!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tokitoki
    Everyone gets old eventually unless you happen to die in the process.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    wow, that pic took me by surprise! im kinda expecting some studio shoots or screen caps or perhaps a normal smiling pic of sunny
    Well all that talk about Sunny having sissy roles inspired me to post something on the more cool front.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

haha, yeah you managed to 'remind'me that he can also be macho
    cherrie

I'm currently watching Placebo Cure and I love Sunny's Wallace! Even though he does seem to have some intimacy issues, his personality makes for ideal hubby material...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

well certainly! haha!
    cherrie

Have anyone watched a series made in the early 90's where Sunny played a cop who was part chinese and part japanese (I believe the picture posted by Lady Zhuge was from that series, please correct me if I'm wrong). Sunny was sooooo cool in there. He plays a cop who does dangerous stunts and "kill off" plenty of partners . And to top it off, he comes from a rich family. Unfornately, he didn't get the girl at the end becuase he plays a sort of villiany role. I started to like him in this show!
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by tokitoki
    Actually, I don't think he is aging as fast as other actors. In strike of the heart, I felt he looked younger than his two "brothers." It was funny, the youngest looked the oldest and the oldest looked the youngest.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by realdeal
    Goddess, I don't really think "big macho guy" is the accurate translation.

"Da nan ren" is more about a man's attitude than his appearance or manner (such as "macho", "sissy" and so on).

I think that's also what Cherrie meant by "a traditional man". If a guy is a "da nan ren", he thinks women should stay in the family, do the chores, look after their kids and husbands while men should earn money and have the say on important matters.

Da nan ren usually are not great boyfriend/husband material, because they are neither sensitive nor thoughtful. Or let me put it this way, Sunny's character in "Placebo Cure" is exactly the opposite to a "da nan ren".
    Makes a good provided and a stable person. I would like that better than a guy who does nothing but watch over the children.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    Have anyone watched a series made in the early 90's where Sunny played a cop who was part chinese and part japanese (I believe the picture posted by Lady Zhuge was from that series, please correct me if I'm wrong). Sunny was sooooo cool in there. He plays a cop who does dangerous stunts and "kill off" plenty of partners . And to top it off, he comes from a rich family. Unfornately, he didn't get the girl at the end becuase he plays a sort of villiany role. I started to like him in this show!
    that's a stage of turbulence yes i love that show and he did end up with his girl happily
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    Actually, I don't think he is aging as fast as other actors. In strike of the heart, I felt he looked younger than his two "brothers." It was funny, the youngest looked the oldest and the oldest looked the youngest.
    Although he hasn't had a chance to prove himself to be in Adam Cheng's league in terms of a man aging gracefully, I agree that he is aging well.

If Sunny is really a "da nan ren" type in real life, then his acting impresses me even more. He is so convincing as complacent softies in both Placebo Cure and Just Love.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

What's the Mandarin title for "A Stage of Turbulence"?

Also, has anyone here watched Criminal Investigator 1 and/or 2? They're a couple of Sunny's series that I don't hear much talk about.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")