Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sunny Chan

why? what's wrong with her eye?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I can't tell just by looking at it, but it appeared to be jumping as if there was something in it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

lol you're quite observant
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Lol, that's quite a compliment coming from the one who's the best at noticing people's fillings!

Okay, I'd better stop spamming Sunny's thread. Anything new with Sunny? I guess there's not much to talk about right now since none of his new series have been released yet.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

lol haha! im quite ashamed now!
    cherrie

haha dont worry Lady Zhuge I'm sure Cherrie has done plenty of that with her adoring Raymondness....hehe but I heard that presumably that Vagabond Vigilante will air after Trimming Success I think. Has that series finished yet? Theres also War and Destiny and another series hes filming with Melissa Ng and Kenneth Ma I believe.
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

you always bully me neverland!
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    that's a stage of turbulence yes i love that show and he did end up with his girl happily
    Are you sure? I know for sure he did not end up w/ the girl cuz he went for the main character guy who dressed as a cop and saluted trains all day long. Sunny's character returned to Japan, i think or something to that effect.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

huh? im pretty sure...recently watched that...
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    huh? im pretty sure...recently watched that...
    I just googled "stage of turbulence" and it's not the show I was describing. Can't think of the name of it, but it was a really gooood show. It was made in the really early 90's, i think. This show was really good in that it had people that rep. a lot of places. The main character is a hong kong cop whereas sunny is part japanese. There is a guy (Paul Chun Pui) who comes from taiwan and a guy who comes from london and a guy who comes from mainland china.
    Last edited by MysticDust; 02-03-06 at 03:13 AM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    I just googled "stage of turbulence" and it's not the show I was describing. Can't think of the name of it, but it was a really gooood show. It was made in the really early 90's, i think. This show was really good in that it had people that rep. a lot of places. The main character is a hong kong cop whereas sunny is part japanese. There is a guy (Paul Chun Pui) who comes from taiwan and a guy who comes from london and a guy who comes from mainland china.
    The series is called Hong Kong Revisited from ATV. I love this series too. Too bad I didn't record it during that time

oh so you're talking abt a different production! no wonder
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by kikisheung
    The series is called Hong Kong Revisited from ATV. I love this series too. Too bad I didn't record it during that time
    I am not sure if this is the show I am talking about because I don't know the title. I don't know the main characters names but some of the supporting characters are paul chun pui, sunny chan, and berg ng (plays a killer). Was it an ATV series? Don't know because the main character guy always plays minor roles in TVB. He was in "Take my word for it" as a cop who works under Bobby's character.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    I am not sure if this is the show I am talking about because I don't know the title. I don't know the main characters names but some of the supporting characters are paul chun pui, sunny chan, and berg ng (plays a killer). Was it an ATV series? Don't know because the main character guy always plays minor roles in TVB. He was in "Take my word for it" as a cop who works under Bobby's character.
    Yup. This is series. The chinese title is 大都會鄉里 (Da Du Hui Xiang Li). There's also this guy, a police from England and a village girl from China, am I right? I forgot the name of the male lead but I remember he fell in love with that Chinese girl and he has a sister, who is very materialistic and got into a relationship with that police later on. Paul Chun is a rich businessman from Taiwan, Sunny is a cop.......etc etc....This is really a fun series. I enjoyed it very much. Do you have it? Did you watch it lately?
    Last edited by kikisheung; 02-03-06 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kikisheung
    Yup. This is series. The chinese title is 大都會鄉里 (Da Du Hui Xiang Li). There's also this guy, a police from England and a village girl from China, am I right? I forgot the name of the male lead but I remember he fell in love with that Chinese girl and he has a sister, who is very materialistic and got into a relationship with that police later on. Paul Chun is a rich businessman from Taiwan, Sunny is a cop.......etc etc....This is really a fun series. I enjoyed it very much. Do you have it? Did you watch it lately?
    yes, this is the show. very goooooood show. yes, I believe i do have it but don't know where it is. the last time i watched it was probably last year.
    Anyway, i love Sunny's character in here because he was really cool. For a little while he was a jerk but in the end he knows that the main girl and guy were meant to be and arranged it so that the two would live happily ever after, to an extent (after all, how can one really be happy when one's husband could not find work for many years afterwards, lol).

I've decided to dig this thread up again because I'm rewatching OUaTiS and it is awesome and I need to rant ^_^
    It might just be that this is the 3rd time I watch OUaTiS so things are draggy draggy to me which results in a lot of skipping >_< but I'm liking the Sunny scenes ^_^ Hui Man Keung is awesome! They just don't make smart guys like that anymore I'd probably get killed saying this, but I like Sunny's Hui Man Keung as much as I like Chow Yun Fat's. The difference, I thought, wasn't bad. Where Chow Yun Fat acts as a maverick, having business relations but not much else, Sunny forms bonds with his partners. Where Chow Yun Fat is cold inside and out, Sunny is social on the outside yet remains lonely inside. Of course CYF's screen presence is irreplaceable; he can just sit there, look pensive, and still carries the show. Sunny has to work a little more using his interactions with the other characters. I still think he's pretty great portraying Hui Man Keung with that baby face of his . Even though he lacks the mature and hulking image, his mannerism was convincing. Classy and confident lah. I really do think his is an appropriate image. Because HMK is still young (at most in his mid-20s), which is about the age of a fresh-out-of-college graduate. And to duplicate CYF's HMK is impossible so I appreciate the change. Because they didn't try to mimick CYF's version exactly, it was enjoyable.

I also watched a bit of War & Destiny and thought wow, his character seems somewhat like Hui Man Keung. How his old gf was killed and he's driven to be successful afterwards, and learn to love again etc. Although he looks ... sleezy, I definitely like the whole decisive part. He uses his brain to think and does what he has to do.

well i'm going crazy with the screen captures now too. maybe i'll post some up later

Does Xu Wen Qiang in Sunny's version have the same sad ending as he does in Chow Yun Fat's?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

unfortunately yes... he died the same way. They debated whether or not to kill him in the remake and decided to go ahead with it.

I love his smile

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9577/hmk3wg2.png')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1484/hmk4jc7.png')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7168/hmk6ps5.png')

HMK used to be the perfect guy... but then after rewatching the show, I decided there's no such thing as a perfect guy. he came close though *sigh*

hinako442003, do u have any more pics of HMK?

man, I love that series so much. I think that the only series Sunny look the best

after I finish watching that.. I watch "Secert of the Heart" I dislike his character there. anyway I think Sunny changed a lot. He doens't look fit like in the 90's as HMK

I like Sunny's smile too, but moreso his eyes. He can look so cute and handsome at the same time. Lately he has more of an intellectual look, which I dig as well.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")