Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LHC always attacked, never defended?

think he meant strong as wolfie's adanatium and not really part of the body

Okay, wolverine was a bad analogy I did not say the needles were attached to his hands, though. I said, "...but mostly fought with needles held in his hands?"

Back to the original discussion, so no opponents of LHC were suicidal enough? duguxiaojing said that LHC took a gamble and stabbed back at DFBB's eye, forcing DFBB to move backwards. If DFBB was suicidal, wouldn't he be able to kill LHC, despite perhaps losing one eye or even dying together?

Yeah there was no need to because hes martial arts were higher then all of them individually and according to LWC all four of them combined(for some reason he counted RYY who did nothing and realized she could do nothing ). He became suicidal at the end and thats what caused his death IIRC he went all out on (XWT???) and did not care to avoid any attacks and got two swords in the back i think. And later when he was pretty much dead RWX(his an *** IMO and the only thing i read about him was this battle) told him he would not spare his lover and instead make his death spread out for a hundred days by cutting him up one finger toe ect ect at a time. DFBB freaked jumped at him(he was stil fricken fast) flicked his neddle at RWX's eye got speared by his sword and RWX ran out of room moving backwards and lost an eye. So yeah DFBB can be pretty suicidal when he wants to be.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by rabadi
    Okay, wolverine was a bad analogy I did not say the needles were attached to his hands, though. I said, "...but mostly fought with needles held in his hands?"

Back to the original discussion, so no opponents of LHC were suicidal enough? duguxiaojing said that LHC took a gamble and stabbed back at DFBB's eye, forcing DFBB to move backwards. If DFBB was suicidal, wouldn't he be able to kill LHC, despite perhaps losing one eye or even dying together?
    Somehow I got the feel when I read the novel about 1/4 of all the fighting that LHC had been in, all of his attack were suicidal. I guess he is dangerous since he is not afraid of death.

a bit like reckless in nature

Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan
    Somehow I got the feel when I read the novel about 1/4 of all the fighting that LHC had been in, all of his attack were suicidal. I guess he is dangerous since he is not afraid of death.
    Tell me about it I just thought that if his opponents were suicidal too, it would be not too good for him in the long term.

remember the movie Ocean's Eleven when Matt Damon asked Brad Pitt 'Are you suicidal?'....

Tell me about it I just thought that if his opponents were suicidal too, it would be not too good for him in the long term.
    Well its cool if his opponents are suicidal as long as they are not on DFBB's martial arts level. In this situation IIRC LWC had no real choice i mean i dont think he would have been fast enough to move out the way anyways. So all he could to was stab back and hope DFBB would not go an eye for an eye. The scary thing is despite having the much much shorter weapon DFBB still mangaed to poke LWC's eyebrow(?) or on top of his eye before moving back. LWC's attack with his "long sword" could not stop DFBB from attacking it only made him miss.

Sure enough, seeing that he held the game board still, Linghu Chong also froze the thrust with the long sword. The tip of the sword was only inches from his throat while his game board was also only inches from Linghu Chong?s waist. Both of them held their positions steady and froze like two lifeless statues.

Although it looked as if neither was willing to budge, Linghu Chong was really the one with all the advantages. The game board was a heavy item; only when it was striking down from several feet afar would it incur any damage. At present, it was only inches from Linghu Chong, even if Mr. Black-White decided to push it forward with lots of power, it wouldn?t do Linghu Chong much harm, but all Linghu Chong had to do was to prod forward gently, and the sword tip would easily kill his opponent. It was pretty obvious for everyone to tell who was in better shoes.
    It's true that LHC would have killed Mr. Black-White with not much trouble, and that Mr. Black-White's game board would not do LHC much harm. But supposed Mr. Black-White was not using game board, supposed he was a swordsman, for example, which I suppose sword is longer and lighter than a game board, then he could have hurt LHC too, even at the cost of his own life.

I just think that it's great LHC always attacked, but having a set of defending moves would not hurt either. But that's just me. Am I making sense here?

Considering that LHC had no internal energy at the point in the story, to be able to even double-KO a high level opponent would be quite an achievment.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    Considering that LHC had no internal energy at the point in the story, to be able to even double-KO a high level opponent would be quite an achievment.

LighuChong is just lucky that he did'nmt live in the Condor trilogy era or eralier, he would of got his *** handed to him even with dugu 9 jian.lol

oh oh here starts the declination argument again
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by rabadi
    It's true that LHC would have killed Mr. Black-White with not much trouble, and that Mr. Black-White's game board would not do LHC much harm. But supposed Mr. Black-White was not using game board, supposed he was a swordsman, for example, which I suppose sword is longer and lighter than a game board, then he could have hurt LHC too, even at the cost of his own life.

I just think that it's great LHC always attacked, but having a set of defending moves would not hurt either. But that's just me. Am I making sense here?
    LWC would not have used that move if his opponent wasn't using a game board which he knew would not do harm to him from close range. That's why DG9J was separated into 9 anti-weapon stances. Sword and gameboard attacks naturally had different ways to be countered. LWC's move might seem like a suicidal move but look in reality that the only person that would be fatally wounded is Mr. Black-White.

From the translation, the person who would be fatally wounded was Mr. Black-White, that much is obvious. I only suggested a what-if situation, and maybe it is a moot point, but given choice to have a set of sword moves which only attack and another set of sword moves which not only attack but also defend, my choice is of course on the latter, especially if my opponents are suicidal

Are there any other characters in JY universe who are suicidal when he comes to fighting? jus curious
    TaZzY InC

supposed Mr. Black-White was not using game board, supposed he was a swordsman, for example, which I suppose sword is longer and lighter than a game board, then he could have hurt LHC too, even at the cost of his own life.
    Umm actually i did read this from Lanny's latetest translation. Correct me if im wrong but wasnt it the guy with the chess board who went suicidal on LWC? LWC simply countered?

but then he wouldnt be using DG9G now would he and JY couldnt show you how powerful Dugu was ? Besides the all attacking thing seems to be working for him.

I kinda get what your talking about though. The whole D9G thing is kinda wacked up with the whole never defend/no stances thing. I mean at one part LWC was not using an technique or nothing and was just wildly slashing and stabbing at DFBB, yet DFBB praised his skill "aaahhh sword technique is extremely high"......right i could swing a sword like a maniac as well i guess im on par with LWC na jk....

Yes, Black-white was starting to use moves that are extremely risky and LHC simply countered. That particular move wasn't risky for LHC since he would've stabbed Black-white before Black-white even reached LHC. Black-white froze right there so that LHC would be able to not stab him. In that frozen state was the part about how if Black-white attacked, it would be useless.

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    Umm actually i did read this from Lanny's latetest translation. Correct me if im wrong but wasnt it the guy with the chess board who went suicidal on LWC? LWC simply countered?
    Not suicidal enough, it was after all for the bet sake, not for real life-and-death fight

but then he wouldnt be using DG9G now would he and JY couldnt show you how powerful Dugu was ?
    I just feel that DG9J lacks the defending moves, wouldn't hurt to add to the theory.

Besides the all attacking thing seems to be working for him.
    That's why I asked whether any of his opponents were suicidal enough. If only they were, then in the long term, it would not be too good for LHC. Pardon the what-if argument again

right i could swing a sword like a maniac as well i guess im on par with LWC na jk....
    That's interesting. You're probably right! j/k

i still think suicidal figthers are the worst to fight against
    TaZzY InC

i think the whole point of DG9J is that its defense is offense. the defensive moves of DG9J are EXACTLY the counters it uses offensively that target the weaknesses in the opponents moves. therein lies the beauty. why make a separation between defensive and offensive moves? suicidal moves should not be any different than normal moves to LHC. as long as its a move, then it has a counter. if its a suicidal move, itll still have a counter such that LHC's sword would reach the opponent before the opponent's suicidal attempt could succeed.