Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little Dragon Girl's hing gung better than the Greats'?

So, what is the diffrence between Duan Yu & Xu Zhu hing gung??
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

Xu Zhu's ~250 years of inner strength

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    Xu Zhu's ~250 years of inner strength
    Yea, but both of the hing gung they learned are different. Just say they have same internal energy, who will win in a race??
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

EH?? DY has far less internal energy than XZ...

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    EH?? DY has far less internal energy than XZ...
    i think he is saying suppose they have the same. anyway, i don't know its too hard if we suppose things for them since all three of them are martial arts oddities, so its even harder if we add more factors into the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Arching_Hero
    Ahh, so how about Duan Yu's hing gung. Do you think hing gung are number 1 in jumping, running, levitation???
    In a small space (ie a room), Duan Yu's LBWB was unmatched. In a long run (super-marathon) he would also win, since his lightness kungfu was very energy-efficient (this is what XF observed). However, in an open space fighting scenario (eg the Shaolin fight), or short races, XF and Xu Zhu would both outrun him.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by KJ
    I see. So do we know whether people concentrate on certain aspects of Qinggon or do you "level up" pretty evenly between these different types? Such as Little Dragon Girl, she is obviously fast, maybe comparable to a Great, but would her jumping and levitation qinggong be as good as a Great? Maybe she just specializes in speed but not in the other types of Qinggong.
    Dragon Girl's qinggong should be superior in the field of Short-distance running (or, like Candide said, small area). But when it comes to Long-distance/indurance she will surely lose to a Great. Analogy: Dragon Girl is a 500 meter dash athlete, while the Greats can run an entire marathon.

Her levitation skills should be quite good, I mean, she sleeps on a rope...
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    Small space is more like horizontal, sideways, spurts of movement such that in the immediate vicinity of an opponent you appear to be extremely fast. Open space is more like long distance over a greater magnitude. Think of it like this, a bee is really fast because it zips around all over the place and is pretty hard to catch, see, hit. But if a bee were to race along side a cheetah, it would lose pretty badly. They're just different kinds of speed.
    Are you talking about one having a high max acceleration while the other has high max velocity?

I think he is referring to overall stamina also

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    Dragon Girl's qinggong should be superior in the field of Short-distance running (or, like Candide said, small area). But when it comes to Long-distance/indurance she will surely lose to a Great. Analogy: Dragon Girl is a 500 meter dash athlete, while the Greats can run an entire marathon.

Her levitation skills should be quite good, I mean, she sleeps on a rope...

I think the difference of short and long distance may be due to inner strength too?

Since the discussion has broaden to other characters, just in case anybody is interested: Who was the fastest of them all?

Quote Originally Posted by Homura
    Are you talking about one having a high max acceleration while the other has high max velocity?
    I think it is best to describe the bee's speed as agility or mobility. It is the ability to change direction at an extreme high speed. Which in the battle, it allow the practicer to dodge attack without effort.

an analogy, could comparing a car with high horsepower(horsepower as in inner power) to a car with low horsepower but with better turning ability. So on a course with alot of corner, the car with the low horsepower would win. While on a long straight course, the car with a greater hp would win.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 09-25-04 at 02:22 AM.

or a speet boat with a jetski the speed boat is faster over a straight whilst the jetski is faster over a curved course

Talking xln

really?
    she might need that
    faster.....
    well,its easy for her to run away from yang guo all the time
    and then come back
    run again
    come back
    zhao weizhou xun 4 eva

think YG is too heart broken to give serious chase if xln runs away from him
    TaZzY InC

jin yong himself mentioned that qing gong was the forte of the gumu sect, they have one of, if not the best qinggong in roch.

in my opinion, the components of qinggong are:

speed: hw fast u can move in a single direction
    agility: hw fast u can change directions,dodge attacks
    leap: hw high u can jump
    endurance: hw long u can keep it up, this has largely to do with inner strength.

i think most of u would agree that her qinggong is a level above yang guo's.

in his early stage, he relied on his superior qing gong to have an edge over much stronger opponenets such as fawang, huo du, gongsun zi. and fa wang has great difficulty hitting her cus she was too fast. + in quanzhen, xiaolongnu was fighting the priests, fawang n the other mongolian fighters. she was holding them off till she ran out of nei li. this shows that shes very strong in the speed, agility and leaping department but falls short on endurance as her inner strength is pretty weak.

qiu qian ren is know for having very good qinggong, probably better than the greats. hence the nickname of tia zhang sui sang piao. when she was competing with him based on qinggong, she could keep up inititally, but soon ran out of steam, until zhou bo tong gave her a boost. so ill say her qinggong is better than the greats, but she wont be able to keep it up for long

erm just like to comment...XLN was badly injured at the time she raced with QQR. that's a major disadvantage for her. Perhaps if she was in full health she could keep up with him?

either way she cant keep up for long, cus qiu qian ren's inner strength is way stronger than hers