Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: A Happy Hero

Hoju, thank you! I don't know what else to say....

This has been a wonderful story and I'm so glad you picked it up. The preface really adds a lot of meaning to the story for me. Thanks for wrapping it up so nicely.

And to answer GL, I think yes, A Happy Hero has achieved its intentions. It has captivated me (and I think many other readers), and definitely has brought a new dimension to the Wuxia genre. And to me, yes, it is literature of the best quality.
    Man is glue. You are man. How then can you step away from glue?

Thank you Hoju.

It has been a great joy in reading this story.

It has been a great experience in unfolding this translation together with numerous other readers in this thread.

For this, i thank you again, and also to TigerWong for first introducing this story here.

It is a great little heart-warming story- and i absolutely agree with GL's prologue - sometimes xia > wu.

A final thanks for this little gem.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

This is a really great story.
    Last edited by Wanlie Tong; 09-23-08 at 06:27 AM.

Thanks so much Hoju! You're a really great translator!
    You Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Thanks Hoju!!!!!!!! This was a huge project and I have enjoyed every sentence you have translated for us

Thanks Hoju,
    I always folow this story and I always love it.
    thank you for finishing the translation for people like me who cannot read chinese to enjoy it. Such wonderful story.
    Thank you very much Hoju.
    I love your style of translation.
    Now i could only hope there is translator who willingly like to finish Legend of White hair Demoness. I like this story too.
    You perhaps Hoju

Ps: This is my first post, hope I dont over do it.

Many many thanks, Hoju, for sacrificing your time on this translation for the forum readers. I like this story a lot to the point that I copied and printed out on paper so I could lend it to other friends who love wuxia but do not read this forum. And also thanks to TigerWong as we probably would not have had a chance to read this story without his introduction. The only down side of this story is it's ended

As for the preface, I think it's better in a way that we read it at the end. It started out like a normal wuxia novel. I can imagine people waiting for the time GL reveals the background of each hero, especially their martial arts history, and then put all of them together to fight a big enemy at the end (after learning new martial arts if necessary). However it turns out friendship wins over strength, contrast to other wuxia stories where the guy with the strongest skills usually comes out as the victor. I'd say GL achieved his goal to "try something new" without losing the entertainment value.

Lastly, I'd like to remind other Hoju royal fans that he's also doing "Wu Lin Wai Shi" in the other thread. You may move there to enjoy another great story and show your support to Hoju. If Hoju was a superstar football player, we were the fans on the stand who need to make a noise

I followed this story from start to fish... a ton of thanks to TigerWong and Hoju!!
    you are amazing!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju!
    It's been a little over a year since I picked up this little project. Ironically, things have come a full circle now. When I started, I was packing up the house ready to move hundreds of miles away for my new job, and now, I am yet again packing up the house ready to move back home.

Thank you to everyone who has followed along with this story and posted comments and encouragement. I probably would not have finished this if it hadn't been for the feedback I received. (Remember to do this for the other translators on this forum. ) A special thanks to Tiger Wong for starting this translation!

Hope people have enjoyed this story like I did. Cheers to all!
    Yay, Hoju!! Thanks for doing such a great job w. the translation. Not only did you finish it, but you really captured the spirit of the story. I'm glad you made it possible for others to enjoy this quirky, light-hearted side of GL.

Thanks alot Hoju...it was great pleasure
    As a Indian it is a fantastic experience reading these wuxia novels....
    Especially such a unique one like this ...capturing more of human elemnts then the usual action ...

Thanks again...

Thanks Hoju for a great translation!

Thanks Hoju!! Great translation!

I really enjoyed this novel like any thing...I am now sad that this novel ended...

Hoju...i wil cherish this and your memory for ever

It was wonderful, lets celebrate!!!

Thank you so much Hoju! It was a very fascinating story! It has a place in my heart!

I keep checking for updates in the story because I'm so used to it. I'm kind of sad it's over. LTP, GDL, WD, and YQ are all such great characters.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Thank you both.. Tiger Wong and Hojo...

The translators are the true Happy Heroes! Thanks for all the hard work. I'm sure we all appreciate the updates in posting the exciting, suspenseful, and thrilling adventures of our beloved characters.

Loved the way Gu Long teased the readers. Every time a young girl was introduced in Guo DaLu's final quest, I half believed that she was Yan Qi.

wow what a great story thnx hoju for finishing a happy hero....love the fact that Yan qi ended up being a girl it would have been pretty weird if in reality he was just a strange guy
    Last edited by King_Kong_1981; 10-01-08 at 08:50 PM.

Thank you so much Hoju It was great to read this story and I enjoyed it very very much. God bless you!

Thank you very much Hoju,

on all your hard-work. I really appreciate all the effort and dedication that was put into this project.

Wishing you the best, take it easy.