Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637

Thread: A Happy Hero

although my offer is late! but i wana express my thanks for allowing me to read this novel.

truly this is a novel with alot of expression and alot of lessons to learn from.

Thankyou for your time and effort put into your work here.

Kind Regards,
    Hasan

Default Thank you

Another good story coming to an end... Thank you Hoju for all your hardwork and perserverance in translating this great novel for all to enjoy...

I used to follow this everyday at my old work but havent had time to continue when I changed job... but have now finished reading it... although this might come late but just like to let you know how much you hard work meant to me who always love wuxia but can't read Chinese... Without selfless ppl like you I wouldnt be able to enjoy such a good story...

Again thank you and wish you all the best with your new job and future endeavours.

Thanks to Hoju & TigerWong.

Hopefully, no one will mind if I create an unabridged thread for this novel in a while.

Thanks Hoju & TigerWong
    I really enjoyed this story even though it is a few years after you translated it.

Default yabxjvx zukerkwx

Thank you TigerWong for translating this hilarious novel. I can tell that Gu Long was in a good mood when he wrote it

Wang Dong couldn’t help asking: “What are you looking for?”.

Lin TaiPing: “A face-washing basin, a face cloth, and a mouth rinsing cup.”.

Wang Dong laughed: “Not only are these things I haven’t seen for a long time, I’ve never even heard of them.”.

Lin TaiPing looked as if he just got whipped, he opened his mouth wide and stuttered: “You...... you guys don’t even wash your face?”.

Wang Dong: “Of course we wash, except we take a small wash every three days, and take a big wash every five days.”.

Lin TaiPing: “What does a small wash consist of? What is considered a big wash?”.

Wang Dong: “Yan Qi, wash and demonstrate for him.”.

Yan Qi stretched lazily: “I washed yesterday, today should be your turn.”.

Wang Dong sighed: “Then at least you should bring over the washing utensils.”.

Just then Guo DaLu entered with two buckets of water, Yan Qi used the broken bowl to scoop out a large bowl of water, and took something down from the wall that was both so yellow and black, that you couldn’t tell what color this washcloth was originally.

Only then did Wang Dong make an effort to sit up, he first drank a mouthful of water and held it, used his hands to spread out the towel, gargled, and then with a “PU” spat out the water onto the towel in his hands, casually wiped down his face with it and let out a relaxed sigh: “Good, I’m finished washing.”.

Lin TaiPing looked like he’d just seen a ghost, his complexion turned green and said: “This...... this is what you consider a small wash?”.

Wang Dong: “Not a small wash, a big wash. If a small wash was this much trouble, how would one still manage?”.
    If they made a TV series out of this, I can see it being a big hit!

Currently hooked right now, many thanks to Hoju! for the huge work in continuing this translation!

Its a really good one, you make a more share, I like your share.
    Translation Agencies and Service Providers at visiontranstechindia.org

thanks for this great story

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    Huan Le Ying Xiong [A Happy Hero; or Happy Heroes] is another new attempt because wuxia stories have reached a point where they should be evolving.

In many people’s minds, not only are wuxia novels not literature or part of the literary arts, they even cannot be considered as novels. It is just like an earthworm, which, although it can move, is not considered an animal by many people.

Admittedly, this view was created because of some people’s biases, but we ourselves cannot shift off all responsibility either. Indeed, wuxia novels are sometimes written so that they are too fantastical and absurd, too dripping with blood, and it is forgotten that “human nature” is the only thing that must not be lacking in any novel...
    Recall having followed this translation...

Perhaps it'll amuse you too if you want to give it a [re]read
    « I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. » — 弗拉基米爾·弗拉基米羅維奇·納博科夫