Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: A Happy Hero

Chapter 1 - Women and Money

Someone once said, women are a source of trouble.

Someone once said, if there were no women, it would be very cold and quiet; With women around, there would not be a moment of peace.

Of course, it was a man who said these words. But no matter what men say, women are things this world must not have a shortage of. Out of 10,000 men, there are at least 9,990 who would rather take ten years out of their lives than not have a woman.

Someone once said, money can allow you to be divine.

Someone once said, money represents ten thousand evils.

But no matter what anybody says, money is also something one cannot have a shortage of. If someone didn’t have money, he’d be like an empty sack, never able to stand up straight.

These two things can not only cause the smartest people to become stupid, but it can also cause a best friend to become an enemy.

If four male rascals suddenly gained a woman in their midst, that situation was simply like using a chopstick to reach out for four raw eggs in a bowl, things cannot help but become messy.

Wang Dong, Guo DaLu, Yan Qi, Lin TaiPing, these four people were originally living carefree lives, because they had no money and also no woman.

They would feel happy every time they woke up, because the misfortunes of “yesterday” had already passed on by, today was filled with hope once again.

But, all of a sudden, these two things have both arrived. A horrible disaster, wouldn’t you say?

End of Chapter 1

Cool

Interesting and unexpecting.

three long prologues vs the first short chapter.

more, more...
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Lightbulb Sick Joke :p

Hiya gys,
    Side Humor I made up: Some people say the difference between a man and a woman is the "goods" [womanly parts] the woman carries.
    quote#2: "The baskets in her hands used to be empty [without goods ], but now they were filled with things [Yan Qi had already discovered that everything in the baskets were edible, there was smoked chicken, there was beef, there were even some biscuits that were toasted golden on both sides.]
    There are more, and IF readers continue with this meaning, the 2nd half of the passage [the 2nd half of the 3rd prologue] is funny.
    CONTINUED: ... "but now they were filled with things, therefore she was struggling with them, the ground was also muddy, her foot suddenly slipped, her entire person fell forward and the baskets flew out of her hands." [goods going ]

Thumbs up Thks

Hiya gys,
    Thx TigerWong for the packed updates I missed. Summer heat getting to me.
    When I commented that prologue 3 was the trough of action, I thought at the time that it also ends prologue 3. :P silly mistake.
    Now, When a woman appears here, it had to get interesting.
    -
    Previous questions left out:
    Mysterious village with a facade of being poor?
    How did Yan Qi know that WangDong knows the store owner of this mysterious village?
    -
    -
    Interesting Lines:
    1. "Very few people would light two lamps in a room, even fewer would light candles because lamp oil was cheaper than candles." [I dont know this. ]
    -
    2. Dry Humor - First hand experience by Gu Long?
    Quote#2: “But you are also dirty, lazy, unreliable, women definitely don’t like these types of men.”.
    -
    3. "Out of 10,000 men, there are at least 9,990 who would rather take ten years out of their lives than not have a woman." comments anyone?
    -
    4. "But no matter what anybody says, money is also something one cannot have a shortage of." comments anyone?
    -
    5. "These two things [money and women] can not only cause the smartest people to become stupid, but it can also cause a best friend to become an enemy."
    -
    6. "Wang Dong, Guo DaLu, Yan Qi, Lin TaiPing, these four people were originally living carefree lives, because they had no money and also no woman." [Linghu Chong became a sissy becuz of Yue Ling]
    -
    7. More interesting line:
    Yan Qi abruptly laughed: “A girl’s laughter has many kinds, they will laugh when they see someone simpleminded or ugly too.”. [gotcha. ]
    -
    -
    Observations:
    1. Nice rumor-mill device at beginning of chapter one. [ie. Someone once said ...]
    2. Dang, a female BOMB had landed in our heroes midst, what will happen next?

Default Re: Thks

"Previous questions left out:
    Mysterious village with a facade of being poor?"

I'm sure they weren't as poor as they seemed but the more interesting facade was that a lot of powerful people could be residing in the area.

"How did Yan Qi know that WangDong knows the store owner of this mysterious village?"

Wang Dong lived around this area, so as lazy as he is, I'm sure he must have visited the village. Also, the four of them have been together for almost a year so they probably had conversations about this place.

"3. "Out of 10,000 men, there are at least 9,990 who would rather take ten years out of their lives than not have a woman." comments anyone? :P"

The exact amount I'd trade would probably depend on the quality of the woman and the current lifestyle, but I can definitely see myself giving up some years rather than to never have a woman. If people can trade years away for something like smoking, why not a woman?

Chapter 2

Wang Dong had been awake for a long time now, but he was still lying on the ground motionless.

He had first rolled up the cotten blanket into a tube, and then slowly squeezed into it until his entire person was inside the cylinder, all four sides were sealed airtight.

A mouse was running back and forth next to his body, it was cautious at first, not daring to crawl over toward him, but afterwards it gradually began to see him as a dead person and even crawled up onto his head.

Wang Dong was still motionless.

Lin TaiPing’s attention had been focused on him for a long time, after a while he couldn’t stop himself anymore, silently walked over, and reached out his hand towards his nose to check if he was still breathing.

Wang Dong suddenly said: “I haven’t died yet.”.

Lin TaiPing jumped, startled, and pulled back his hand: “A mouse is crawling on your body, you don’t care?”.

Wang Dong: “I’ve never had any interactions with mice, nor do I see them as equals, only a cat would bother to pick a fight with a mouse.”.

Lin TaiPing paused, and said: “This place really is in need of a cat.”.

Wang Dong: “This place used to have a cat, it was Yan Qi who brought one here.”.

Lin TaiPing: “Wheres the cat?”.

Wang Dong: “It eloped with a tomcat from the base of the mountain.”.

Lin TaiPing widened his eyes and stared at him, stared at him for a long time.

The snow had stopped, the stars and moon appeared.

The moonlight came in from the window, and shone on his face.

The outline of his face was very clear, his forehead was broad, his nose was high, even if he wasn’t an extremely handsome man, he still exhibited a kind of magnetism.

“This person doesn’t appear to be a lunatic, nor a retard, so why does he still seem to have some kind of madness.”.

Lin TaiPing sighed and looked around: “Where are your two friends?”.

He really wanted to find someone to talk to who was not crazy.

Wang Dong: “They went down the mountain to hunt.”.

Lin TaiPing: “Hunt? Hunt in this weather?”.

Wang Dong: “Mm Hmm.”.

Lin TaiPing couldn’t say anything else, he suddenly realized a truism:

Friends of a lunatic are also lunatics.

After a while, a sound “GU LU” suddenly came from the darkness, then another “GU LU” sound followed.

Wang Dong mumbled: “Strange! How come today, even a mouse’s cry is different than how it was in past days?”.

Lin TaiPing’s face reddened, and stammered: “It wasn’t a mouse, it was......was......”.

Wang Dong: “What was it?”.

Lin TaiPing suddenly said loudly: “It was my belly calling, don’t you guys ever eat?”.

Wang Dong laughed: “When there is rice to eat, of course we eat. When theres no rice to eat, we can only listen to our stomachs call.”.

Lin TaiPing paused again, he really couldn’t understand, how a person who didn’t even have rice to eat could still be so happy?

Wang Dong suddenly spoke again: “Today your luck is not bad.”.

Lin TaiPing forced a smile: “Me? My luck is not bad?”.

Wang Dong: “Today I have a feeling, that the results from their hunt will definitely be good, what they bring back might even allow you to eat......”.

He originally wanted to say “eat well”, but before he could finish his words, he actually gave a start.

Guo DaLu had returned, entering the doorway, he actually did bring something back, something that could run, jump, climb trees, and make confusing “ZHI ZHI” sounds.

It was a monkey.

If there was ever a time when Wang Dong’s face would become pale, that time would be now.

Seeing Wang Dong’s expression, Guo DaLu laughed until his intestines hurt and panted for breath: “You don’t need to worry, this is a male monkey, not a female.”.

A tender voice came from behind him: “Your friend is afraid of female monkeys?”.

Guo DaLu laughed even harder: “He really is a little afraid, how many people in this world are not afraid of their wives?”.

Wang Dong’s face became stern and said: “Very funny, very funny. How can the world have such a charming man, it is really a strange thing.”.

Lin TaiPing didn’t know what was so funny, nor did he want to know.

He only saw something bright in front of his eyes, within the dark room it suddenly seemed that thousands or hundreds of lamps had ignited.

All the bright light originated from one person, someone who was wearing coarse clothing, carried two baskets, and had already walked in behind Guo DaLu.

Following her were three more people: One adult and two children. The children were dressed very neatly, the adult was wrapped in a leopard skin.

These few people were already enough to look at for half a day, but there was still more. Besides them, there were two dogs, a large bundle of sabres and spears, three or four gongs, and five or six bamboo poles.

Wang Dong muttered: “I always knew he wanted to compete with Yan Qi to see who was more skilled, who could bring back the most things, but he should at least leave a little face for him, and not make him lose so pathetically.”.

Yan Qi leaned on the door and smiled: “Although I have lost very wretchedly, I willingly admit defeat. I went out twenty times, and the stuff I brought back were fewer than what he brought in one trip.”.

Guo DaLu laughed: “Although my friends’ mouths are bad, their persons are not too bad. Come, let me introduce you guys, this young lady is......”.

That young woman smiled: “Allow me to speak. I am called Suan MeiTang [*Sour Plum Soup], this is my clan brother ‘Flying Leopard’, and these are my two little cousins, one is called ‘Xiao LingLong’, the other is called ‘Xiao JinGang’.”.

Which one was ‘Flying Leopard’? One didn’t even need to introduce him, and others would understand from just one look.

But the two children looked exactly the same, both had large eyes, both had a topknot, and when they smiled they had dimples.

Moreover, their dimples weren’t such where one had it on the left side, and the other had it on the right side.

Both of them showed their dimples on their right side.

Wang Dong couldn’t help but ask: “Who is Xiao LingLong? And who is Xiao JinGang?”.

The two children spoke at the same time: “Take a guess.”.

Wang Dong winked and said: “The one next to Xiao JinGang is Xiao LingLong, and the one next to Xiao LingLong is Xiao JinGang, am I right?”.

The two children laughed at the same time, one of them ran over, quietly whispered a few words into Wang Dong’s ears, and then laughed: “This is our secret, you can’t tell anybody else.”.

Guo DaLu held the other child’s hand and said: “Xiao LingLong is your older sister, right?”.

This male child shook his head and said: “No, she’s my little sister.”.

Before the words were finished, Xiao LingLong had already yelled out: “Dummy! I knew that all boys were dummies, letting someone trick you so easily like that.”.

Xiao JinGang’s face turned red, and he shouted: “You’re not dumb, you’re smart, then why are you dressed up like a boy?”.

This child’s words really pricked like a needle -- women don’t look up to men, thinking they were all stupid, yet they still wish they were men, this was a woman’s greatest weakness.

Lin TaiPing had been staring at Sour Plum Soup this entire time, and now suddenly said: “Of course these are not your real names.”.

Sour Plum Soup sighed, and said quietly: “For people like us who wander martial society and sell our talents, who have already lost touch with their ancestors, what kind of real names can there still be?”.

Lin TaiPing also sighed: “What can be so bad about wandering the martial world and performing? Some people aren’t even able to wander the martial world.”.

Sour Plum Soup looked at him once more: “It seems like you have a lot of matters of the heart......”.

Guo DaLu suddenly interrupted her: “This person originally seems like a girl.”.

Lin TaiPing glared at him, his face became a little discolored.

Sour Plum Soup chuckled: “Are you saying that only girls can have matters of the heart? If this is true, how can men not become heartless and lungless imbeciles?”.

Lin TaiPing looked at her, his eyes filled with gratitude.

Guo DaLu shrugged his shoulders and said: “Even if men didn’t have hearts and lungs, at least they have a stomach.”.

Thank you Tigerwong for the translation. Funny story. love i!

Thumbs up Thks

Hiya gys,
    Thx TigerWong for another update. Thx for your replies, much appreciated.
    -
    TigerQuote: "Also, the four of them have been together for almost a year so they probably had conversations about this place."
    But my impression was they dont discuss much regarding the surrounding area of the manor; here are some reasons:
    ---
    --- conversation between Guo DaLu and Yan Qi when traversing to the mysterious village

Observations:
    1. Is it me or are the characters' behavior becoming less outrageous? [they need more outrageous situations/opponents. ][Actually,the outrageousness gets more subtle now -- bringing in interesting people]
    -
    2. This may not transfer well [not as funny going] into the movies, which will pacify [make passive] these lines... Cut it? or change it in the movies? banter [roundabout] is not concise to convey meanings? comments anyone?
    ::BeginQuote
    Wang Dong mumbled: “Strange! How come today, even a mouse’s cry is different than how it was in past days?”.
    Lin TaiPing’s face reddened, and stammered: “It wasn’t a mouse, it was......was......”.
    Wang Dong: “What was it?”.
    Lin TaiPing suddenly said loudly: “It was my belly calling, don’t you guys ever eat?”.
    ::EndQuote
    -
    4. Nice play of images, sounds, and words before the intro of the monkey [like a subinterlude. ]
    ::BeginQuote
    Guo DaLu had returned, entering the doorway, he actually did bring something back, something that could run, jump, climb trees, and make confusing “ZHI ZHI” sounds.
    ::EndQuote
    -
    5. Xiao LingLong and Xiao JinGang, like Pepsi "Twist".
    -
    6. WangDong scared? impossible! [WangDong my fav character in this book ]
    -
    7. The manor is LITERALLY filling up with poor people [opposite/counter to the mysterious village] I hope they dont make music out of their empty stomaches.
    -
    -
    Interesting Lines:
    1. "women don’t look up to men, thinking they were all stupid, yet they still wish they were men, this was a woman’s greatest weakness." comments anyone?
    -
    2. “He really is a little afraid, how many people in this world are not afraid of their wives?”. comments anyone?

"But my impression was they dont discuss much regarding the surrounding area of the manor; here are some reasons:
    ---
    --- conversation between Guo DaLu and Yan Qi when traversing to the mysterious village"

They don't discuss anything about each others past, doesn't mean they don't have casual conversations about other everyday things.

"7. The manor is LITERALLY filling up with poor people [opposite/counter to the mysterious village] I hope they dont make music out of their empty stomaches. "

Who said these new people were poor?

"Interesting Lines:
    1. "women don’t look up to men, thinking they were all stupid, yet they still wish they were men, this was a woman’s greatest weakness." comments anyone? "

Best to leave this one alone.
    Last edited by TigerWong; 06-29-03 at 04:59 PM.

Cool Replies

Hiya gys,
    Thx TigerWong for your replies.
    -
    The people seem poor because they dont have food [not including the dogs], farming implements, etc
    BeginQuote:
    These few people were already enough to look at for half a day, but there was still more. Besides them, there were two dogs, a large bundle of sabres and spears, three or four gongs, and five or six bamboo poles.
    EndQuote:
    -
    -
    EDITTED:
    Thx TigerWong, you're correct that the lovely lady did bring 2 baskets [I probably thought the two heroes and the lady ate them when she invited them for a ... [cough] ... drink. ]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-02-03 at 01:18 AM.

Default Re: Replies

Originally posted by Anonymous
    Hiya gys,
    Thx TigerWong for your replies.
    -
    The people seem poor because they dont have food [not including the dogs], farming implements, etc
    BeginQuote:
    EndQuote:
    The girl's baskets were filled with edibles, remember?

Sour Plum Soup giggled: “If you hadn’t reminded me, I’d almost forgot......”.

She put down the baskets and lifted the paper from the top. She first ripped off a chicken leg for herself and smiled: “A real woman’s stomach is not much smaller than a man’s, just that sometimes it’s not too polite to eat too much.”.

Xiao JinGang said: “But then how come you’ve never felt that it was not too polite before?”.

She hit him on the head with the chicken leg. Xiao JinGang stole half a chicken and ran away, the monkey was jumping non-stop on the ground, the two dogs were calling “WANG WANG”.

Wang Dong shook his head and mumbled: “This place has not been this lively for over ten years.”.

Guo DaLu: “Don’t worry, this place will still have a few more days of liveliness.”.

Wang Dong: “A few more days?”.

Guo DaLu watched Sour Plum Soup’s slender back: “Many more days......I heard they were looking for a place to stay, so I have already rented them the five rooms in the back”.

Wang Dong nearly choked on the wine he was drinking: “How much was the rent?”.

Guo DaLu raised his eyebrows and said: “What kind of a person do you think I am? A petty man? To demand rent from them? If it wasn’t for me, we wouldn’t even be able to invite these kinds of guests.”.

Wang Dong looked at him, looked at him for a long time, and then sighed and forced a smile: “There is something I’m getting more and more confused about.”.

Guo DaLu: “What thing?”.

Wang Dong: “Is this house originally yours, or mine?”.

If there is anything in this world that can still make a crude and lazy man become attentive, that would be a woman.

Early on the second day, Wang Dong was still lying in the “tube”, Guo DaLu went to get water, and Lin TaiPing was searching around in the room.

Wang Dong couldn’t help asking: “What are you looking for?”.

Lin TaiPing: “A face-washing basin, a face cloth, and a mouth rinsing cup.”.

Wang Dong laughed: “Not only are these things I haven’t seen for a long time, I’ve never even heard of them.”.

Lin TaiPing looked as if he just got whipped, he opened his mouth wide and stuttered: “You...... you guys don’t even wash your face?”.

Wang Dong: “Of course we wash, except we take a small wash every three days, and take a big wash every five days.”.

Lin TaiPing: “What does a small wash consist of? What is considered a big wash?”.

Wang Dong: “Yan Qi, wash and demonstrate for him.”.

Yan Qi stretched lazily: “I washed yesterday, today should be your turn.”.

Wang Dong sighed: “Then at least you should bring over the washing utensils.”.

Just then Guo DaLu entered with two buckets of water, Yan Qi used the broken bowl to scoop out a large bowl of water, and took something down from the wall that was both so yellow and black, that you couldn’t tell what color this washcloth was originally.

Only then did Wang Dong make an effort to sit up, he first drank a mouthful of water and held it, used his hands to spread out the towel, gargled, and then with a “PU” spat out the water onto the towel in his hands, casually wiped down his face with it and let out a relaxed sigh: “Good, I’m finished washing.”.

Lin TaiPing looked like he’d just seen a ghost, his complexion turned green and said: “This...... this is what you consider a small wash?”.

Wang Dong: “Not a small wash, a big wash. If a small wash was this much trouble, how would one still manage?”.

Even Lin TaiPing’s lips turned a little green, it looked like he was about to become faint, after a long time he finally breathed out and said: “If anyone can find someone more dirty than you people, I’d be willing to kowtow to them.”.

Wang Dong laughed: “You might as well bow now, the streets are filled with people dirtier than us.”.

Lin TaiPing shook his head vigorously: “I don’t believe it.”.

Wang Dong said softly: “Although we are dirty, our hearts are not dirty, not only are they not dirty, but they’re very clean. If a person’s heart is dirty, even if they scrubbed themselves with soap each day, they cannot be considered clean.”.

Lin TaiPing slanted his head, thought for a moment, and suddenly clapped his hand: “Makes sense, a lot of sense. If someone were to live happily, and has no regrets in his heart, it doesn’t matter whether or not you have rice to eat and it doesn’t matter whether or not you wash your face.”.

He raised his head and laughed loudly three times, then ran to the courtyard, rolled on the ground and laughed loudly again: “I’ve thought it through, I’ve thought it through...... how come I never figured it out before?”.

Wang Dong and Yan Qi held their laughter and watched him, it appeared as if they were also happy for him, because they could also tell that he had been carrying something very heavy in his heart.

All along, he wasn’t sure if what he had done was correct or not. Now he realized it was not wrong.

While a person lives, he has to live with no regrets, that is most important.

But Guo DaLu still washed his face, and mumbled: “It doesn’t matter if you don’t wash, and it doesn’t matter if you do, right?”.

After he finished washing his face, he used the towel to wipe his clothes and scrub his boots.

Yan Qi looked at him coldly: “Why didn’t you just take off your boots and wash your feet?”.

Guo DaLu smiled: “I had actually thought of this point, but unfortunately there isn’t enough time.”.

He suddenly rushed out the door: “They must be awake also, I’ll go back there and take a look.”.

Lin TaiPing: “I’ll also go.”.

Both men charged out, like they’re hurrying to put out a fire.

Wang Dong gave Yan Qi a look and laughed: “A graceful girl makes a good match for a gentleman, why aren’t you going?”.

Yan Qi’s expression sunk and said softly: “I’m not a gentleman”.

Wang Dong: “It seems like you’re not attracted to that Sour Plum Soup girl at all.”.

Yan Qi was silent for a while and then suddenly asked: “What do you think they’re actually doing?”.

Wang Dong rolled his eyes and asked: “Aren’t they all wandering performers?”.

Yan Qi: “If you really think they’re just wandering performers, then you’re also an idiot.”.

Wang Dong: “Why is that?”.

Yan Qi: “Couldn’t you tell that neither the monkey nor those dogs listened to them at all, it’s obvious they were being temporarily acquired to further the pretense. And that Flying Leopard fellow, purposely wearing that strange outfit, actually acts like a person who follows the rules, not even daring to speak very much, his hands were white and fine, how does that look like someone who carries boxes and pulls dogs around every day?”.

Wang Dong listened quietly, and finally nodded his head: “I didn’t realize you were so cautious. But if they weren’t wandering performers, then what are they?”.

Yan Qi: “Who knows, they might even be powerful bandits.”.

Wang Dong laughed: “If they were really bandits they wouldn’t come here, what is there around here that they would be interested in taking?”.

Before Yan Qi could say anything, they heard a startled shout come from the back.

The sound came from Guo DaLu.

For someone like Guo DaLu, even if he saw a ghost he wouldn’t be startled enough to shout.

Very little in this world can make him call out.

Yan Qi was the first to rush out.

Wang Dong also moved.

Thumbs up Thks

Thx TigerWong for another update. This update really LOLed me out.
    -
    Observations:
    1. WangDong really delivers his punchlines
    --- especially the small wash [dont know, per 3 days] and big wash [rise mouth, use mouth water to wash face, per 5 days]. Meaning, these 3 clowns [except Yan Qi] don't wash their bodies.
    -
    2. Symbolic understanding gone overboard ...
    BeginQuote:
    "If someone were to live happily, and has no regrets in his heart, it doesn’t matter whether or not you have rice to eat and it doesn’t matter whether or not you wash your face.” ...
    He [Lin TaiPing] raised his head and laughed loudly three times, then ran to the courtyard, rolled on the ground and laughed loudly again: “I’ve thought it through ... how come I never figured it out before?”.
    EndQuote:
    -
    3. In another topic, SourPlumSoup is mentioned as a high leveled martial artist ... seems a bandit to boot?
    -
    -
    Interesting Lines:
    1. "If there is anything in this world that can still make a crude and lazy man become attentive, that would be a woman."
    --- Hmm. The educational system should take advantage of this fact.
    -
    2. Wang Dong said softly: “Although we are dirty, our hearts are not dirty, not only are they not dirty, but they’re very clean. If a person’s heart is dirty, even if they scrubbed themselves with soap each day, they cannot be considered clean.”.
    --- Hmm. Clean spiritually, but I hope they have a physical bath too. bad bodies ---> bad psychology
    -
    -
    EDITTED:
    Thx TigerWong for more corrections.
    1. Meaning, these 3 clowns [except Yan Qi] don't wash their bodies.
    ---- Its Lin TaiPing, trouble with thinking one thing and typing another.
    -
    2. In another topic, SourPlumSoup is mentioned as a high leveled martial artist ...
    --- Could be Beef Soup ... Im bad with remembering names
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-07-03 at 01:51 AM.

Originally posted by Anonymous
    1. WangDong really delivers his punchlines
    --- especially the small wash [dont know, per 3 days] and big wash [rise mouth, use mouth water to wash face, per 5 days]. Meaning, these 3 clowns [except Yan Qi] don't wash their bodies.
    Thanks for your comments.

Why do you think Yan Qi is the exception? Don't you mean Lin TaiPing?

2. Symbolic understanding gone overboard ...
    BeginQuote:
    "If someone were to live happily, and has no regrets in his heart, it doesn’t matter whether or not you have rice to eat and it doesn’t matter whether or not you wash your face.” ...
    He [Lin TaiPing] raised his head and laughed loudly three times, then ran to the courtyard, rolled on the ground and laughed loudly again: “I’ve thought it through ... how come I never figured it out before?”.
    EndQuote:
    I think there is something deeper in Lin TaiPing's background that caused him to react so strongly.

3. In another topic, SourPlumSoup is mentioned as a high leveled martial artist ... seems a bandit to boot?
    I'm not sure which other topic you're referring to, but I think you mean Beef Soup, which is another GL female character and she is very powerful. Not to say that Sour Plum Soup is powerful or not powerful, but we have yet to find out which.

Interesting Lines:
    1. "If there is anything in this world that can still make a crude and lazy man become attentive, that would be a woman."
    --- Hmm. The educational system should take advantage of this fact.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

perhaps... but this might backfire with the students staring blankly without hearing a single word

Waiting anxiously for your next translation, Tigerwong

Thanks Thanks Thanks!

Thanks for the great translations. Keep up the awesome work!

I just read it yesterday.. so funny, looking forward to see more

GL heroes are so eccentric...
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

you better pm TigerWong and tell him to update because he hasnt done so in a long time. im dying to find out more here too. it is a really great funny couple of chapters that he translated.
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

No need to PM me. Things are pretty busy right now so I won't be updating soon. Luckily, there are many other translations to read around here.

Thanks for reading.