Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Champion - Ren Wo Ao You

Thanks Wuchang for all your pics.

To beansprouts : The basketball guy is Johnny Yan Xing Shu

So far so good. If you can ignore Fiona Xie's voice that is.

Hola, I watched the first episode of the show yesterday. No, I didn't, I watched half the show before I switched the tv off and do better things like digging my ears.

The show has turn out to be very predictable, and Fiona Xie lived up to my expectations of her, irritating, whiny, fake and lousy acting. The other people in the show were pretty much forgetable. I think Jeanette Aw did the best job of putting her role across, and even her performance wasn't that great.

I couldn't understand why the other team kept picking on the Fei Yu team. There was no reason as to why the hatred run so deep and the way the Hai Ou team picked on them exceeded being mean and unreasonable. There some be something seriously wrong with them if they pick on Fei yu team for no particular reason and to such absurd extent.

By the way, the taiwaneses actor/actress that appeared yesterday sticked out like sore thumbs. The way they speaked was so different from the s'poreans actors/actresses.

I agree with beansprouts that the rival team's meaness was totally unnecessary and unconvincing...meaning the storyline is quite lame so far and the acting is frankly poor except for Jeanette Aw and huai en from R & B acting as Jeanette's brother. The rival team just was not impressive or diao. How did they directors just pass these takes!!! my gosh!!!! and the bikni scene was totally uncalled for.
    It seems that mediacorp is exploiting the female actresses. If these were top-notch actresses, they would be able to have a say if a scene was really necessary if they felt uncomfortable with it like unnecessary nudity. There was no sense for the scene at all except to attract male viewers to tune in. Its horrid! For the males, Qi Yu wu was acting ok. Toro seems all right so far but then we have not seen much of him yet. Julian hee has the boyish looks and is actually compatible with Fiona Xie but too bad, the character is lame. Xiao qiao form R & B acted all right too.

Wanted to know wat is the guy's name where he appeared with Toro at the swimming pool last nite. he was introducing toro to Fiona and the other girl. Is he the one in Channel U Starstruck as one of the contestant in the comedian part and he lost.

Anybody knows his name?

Wanted to know wat is the guy's name where he appeared with Toro at the swimming pool last nite. he was introducing toro to Fiona and the other girl. Is he the one in Channel U Starstruck as one of the contestant in the comedian part and he lost.

Anybody knows his name?

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Hola, I watched the first episode of the show yesterday. No, I didn't, I watched half the show before I switched the tv off and do better things like digging my ears.

The show has turn out to be very predictable, and Fiona Xie lived up to my expectations of her, irritating, whiny, fake and lousy acting. The other people in the show were pretty much forgetable. I think Jeanette Aw did the best job of putting her role across, and even her performance wasn't that great.

I couldn't understand why the other team kept picking on the Fei Yu team. There was no reason as to why the hatred run so deep and the way the Hai Ou team picked on them exceeded being mean and unreasonable. There some be something seriously wrong with them if they pick on Fei yu team for no particular reason and to such absurd extent.

By the way, the taiwaneses actor/actress that appeared yesterday sticked out like sore thumbs. The way they speaked was so different from the s'poreans actors/actresses.
    haha e only scene i watched was e running along town in bikinis one...though i muz admit they have really gd bods i couldnt stop laughing hysterically at the whole lame scene...especially when they tried to stop reporters frm taking their photos....the acting was shyte n so fake, again instead of looking like national swimmers, they looked like bimbotic models acting cute n dumb...i thought the only ones that were decent were jeanette n felica..at least they didnt dress like they were going to a fashion parade everyday compared to our "darling" lead fiona and they looked more serious n passionate w swimming...fiona n the other ger looked totally miscasted...always acting cute, dumb, silly...n hearing her voice w that fake sweet accent really made me feel like geting up n stuffing her mouth up...man how i wished the directors made her act as a mute or better, nt act at all...the show is so predictable like wad i said earlier...

Episode 3 preview

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img69.exs.cx/img69/4029/tc-preview03.th.jpg')

bloomers2004,

That's Julian Hee. And it's all I know about the guy.

Anyone watched TVB's 'Aqua Heroes' before? Do you see any similarities between 'The Champion' and 'Aqua Heroes'?

Err... I watched half of an episode and I didn't want to watch on anymore.
    -velvet_ice-
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

I cant believe that Yan Xing Shu's character is call Ivan Jackson, I almost fell off the chair laughing when I heard his name (yes, I watched the show again yesterday, despite me slamming the show for being lame ).

The more I watched, the more ridiculous the show becomes, the running down orchard in their bikinis was the single most hilarious scene yesterday. It was so unnecessary, I think the directors just want all the hum sup males to tune in and see really how well endowed Fiona Xie is.

I think I am going to watch it again tonight, just to see how far can the directors go in making the show absolutely lame beyond words.

Quote Originally Posted by bloomers2004

Anybody knows his name?
    Julian Hee .... i last saw him in Ch 5 "Heartlanders 2" with Vincent Ng when that Aziz guy left ...... so don't think he's from Ch U .....

i think it's more suited for younger set of viewers ..my nephew and niece loves it ..(don't ask me what kept them glued ..heehee) .... also was checking out Mediacorptv forum for feed back ... apparently youngsters there are squeeling with excitment over it .. ...
    also i've come across die hard Ch 8 female viewers who must get home B4 9 pm ... ....so if you wanna watch it do so only if you want to ...

Cool... Toro's great.
    My Paper (A Chinese Online Journal)
    If you can read Chinese, go there when you're really bored, there's cute pictures of my cat and my dog.
    http://mypaper.pchome.com.tw/news/tupple

Watched the 1st 3 eps and I thought it wasn't too bad. Not totally original but still interesting. Other than the lousy pronounciation of chin words for some, I think the series is really nice so far. After all, this is Singapore's first attempt on an 'ou xiang ju'. Will be watching on!

I am probably getting on in my years, this type of idol shows are certainly not aim at cynical people like me.
    I shall therefore stop criticizing the show....

Beansprouts,

So right about the hum sup males!

For all its lameness, I am tuning in still. Predict I wil watch it until I really put the death sentence on it. and there are some credible performance..these people may be saving the show.

Those youngsters are watching for Toro and Yan Xing Shu. The show's ratings will be good just with the 2 of them in it. Sad right? but true.

not true strawberry , jeanette has large fanbase here... so has 715 ,fiona & felicia tho not as much ... it's not fair to say ratings will be good with just the 2 .. toro may got better pull factor between 2

i thot guy who acted as jeanette brother (from group R & B ?) good too .. so is toro .. jeanette too ..
    Last edited by Angel_8; 10-23-04 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by velvet_ice
    Anyone watched TVB's 'Aqua Heroes' before? Do you see any similarities between 'The Champion' and 'Aqua Heroes'?

Err... I watched half of an episode and I didn't want to watch on anymore.
    i couldnt bear watching e show bt i already made a prediction earlier on that this show will have bits n pieces scrapped off tvb's "aqua heroes"...looks like im right

i remembered that there was this swimming show like 5-6yrs ago by tcs...i watched it when i was younger n i liked it alot...alot of swimming scenes n the actresses were nore serious n better in acting..if im nt wrong thomas ong was in....that show is tons better thn this dumb idol show...i think this show concentrates more on romance, dumb silly acts, jokes hot bimbotic bikini poses n cute expressions off fiona rather thn swimming...
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 10-23-04 at 05:26 AM.

Anybody bought the vcds for this show? The vcds are out now right?

It was a general statement I made about toro and Yan Xing shu...that I think largely the crowd is drawn by them not that the rest has no fans. Did not know that Jeanette has large fanbase. No offense intended.