Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Champion - Ren Wo Ao You

Quote Originally Posted by velvet_ice
    Anyone watched TVB's 'Aqua Heroes' before? Do you see any similarities between 'The Champion' and 'Aqua Heroes'?

Err... I watched half of an episode and I didn't want to watch on anymore.
    Did U mean that The Champion is worse than Aqua Heroes ? Well, all ur ideas here r quite different from those in the official thread of The Champion

Heh, I am sure the people at the official thread will be raving about how good the show is and all. Unlike us, cynical old people who keep on slamming the show.
    The main draw here is Toro and Yang Xing Shu that's for sure, not that the others dont have fans, but how often do we get taiwan "idols" to act in a tv serial in Singapore?? Mediacorp is definitely banking on their fame more than the local stars'. The novelty is enough to draw viewers to watch the show.
    I don't quite remember the other swimming show that MC produce a few years back, but according to my friends, the other show is much better in terms of plot and acting. Oh well....

Hi Beansprot,

I see you understand where I am coming from about the taiwanese idol's appeal.
    but like I say, no offense intended for the fans of local stars.

When I saw episode 3, I felt yan xing shu did not act well. I felt that the role should be more impressive which was not brought across.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang
    Did U mean that The Champion is worse than Aqua Heroes ? Well, all ur ideas here r quite different from those in the official thread of The Champion

Nah, I just meant that there were similarities between the two. But that doesn't mean that I like The Champions. I thought Aqua Heroes was okay, but The Champions... I dunno. Seems more like an idol drama to me. (Look at the cast) I think MCS doesn't even deny it. They recently released a pictorial... and according to their ads they describe their cast as beautiful people. Okay, so you've got the perfect love-sick-scream-inducing cast down... but somehow it fails to impress me.

And Wuchang... the similarities that I was referring to was stuff like how Aqua Heroes had TWO teams... one 'good' and one 'bad'. The Angels and Devils if I"m not wrong. The Champions has TWO teams as well... one 'good' and one 'bad' ... the good one's called the flying fish team i think... forgot the bad one.

Really, in reality do such 'good' or 'bad' swimming teams exist?!

Aqua Heroes wasn't that bad to me because it didn't come across as a show that emphasises on their babe factor. (what babe factor btw?... there was none)

But The Champions seems like it's trying to emphasize on not only its 'babe factor' but also its 'hunk factor'.

Official thread goers... haha if they see this thread they'll scream.
    -velvet_ice-
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

TORO!!!!
    I watched the first two episodes, I can' wait to see the third, with more of Toro.
    My Paper (A Chinese Online Journal)
    If you can read Chinese, go there when you're really bored, there's cute pictures of my cat and my dog.
    http://mypaper.pchome.com.tw/news/tupple

in here i only like toro and the gurl that kind look alike race only.

if any of u finish watching this can u post up the episo summary plz and thanks.

toro and 715 r good ....

omg... I'm not very used to this accent they have.
    My Paper (A Chinese Online Journal)
    If you can read Chinese, go there when you're really bored, there's cute pictures of my cat and my dog.
    http://mypaper.pchome.com.tw/news/tupple

yes, mix of taiwanese, malaysian,china,s'pore mandarin ...

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_8
    toro and 715 r good ....

Who is 715 and why is he called 715?
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

Default 715 = QI YU WU

Quote Originally Posted by Funn Lim
    Who is 715 and why is he called 715?
    Qi Yu Wu. pronouns in Mandarin sounds 715. lol
    ~~ KilL yOuR bOsS, bEfOre He KilLs yOu ~~

It took me awhile to discover what 715 meant too.

I must say that this show isn't very bad. Indeed, some of the actors/actresses are not very natural and some parts just seem unnecessary. I'm not a fan of Fiona and I dislike her. However, I must admit that Fiona's acting is fine but her voice is a limitation to her performance. Overall, the show is worth watching. Afterall, it's rather entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I don't quite remember the other swimming show that MC produce a few years back, but according to my friends, the other show is much better in terms of plot and acting. Oh well....
    Hehe I guess I am one of those old enough to recall the very first drama produced by the then SBC, "The Flying Fish (Xiao Fei Yu)", was about swimming. It starred a young Wang Yu Qing and the beautiful Teng Miao Hua.

As for whether the plot is better, I hesistate to say since we are biased by our childhood days. All I can say is, nowadays, with Internet and all, our standards are much higher.
    Would you love me in the Twilight Zone?

Quote Originally Posted by SES-Eugene
    Hehe I guess I am one of those old enough to recall the very first drama produced by the then SBC, "The Flying Fish (Xiao Fei Yu)", was about swimming. It starred a young Wang Yu Qing and the beautiful Teng Miao Hua.

As for whether the plot is better, I hesistate to say since we are biased by our childhood days. All I can say is, nowadays, with Internet and all, our standards are much higher.
    this one was my time 绿水英姿. by chen li ping (missed the sporty chen) and li nan xing. my favorite!
    剧中的陈莉萍很有游泳天分,被李南星发掘,李和友人打赌能训练她成才,而陈最大的障碍是50米转身时速度变 慢(后来好像发现是近视缘故),李积极训练陈,两人后来成为情侣……那时是陈当红的时候,也是跟李最完美的 情侣配搭(由于事隔已久,希望我没记错)

~~ KilL yOuR bOsS, bEfOre He KilLs yOu ~~

剧中的陈莉萍很有游泳天分,被李南星发掘,李和友人打赌能训练她成才,而陈最大的障碍是50米 转身时速度变 慢(后来好像发现是近视缘故),李积极训练陈,两人后来成为情侣……那时是陈当红的时候,也是 跟李最完美的 情侣配搭(由于事隔已久,希望我没记错)
    That was quite informative, it sort of jolted my memory of the swimming show. I remember something about Chen Liping's character trying to overcome the turning problem. Thanks for the information. Heh, but since this show was when Chen Liping was still slim enough to parade in a swimsuit, it must have been eons ago. O I am so evil......

This show is ok so far.......notice Toro doe not have as big a part as Yan Xing Shu.
    I like Jeanette Aw with Qi Yu Wu's parining the best.

anyone got ren wo ao you lyrics or song? can post??

i saw the VCds out for REn Wo You xing

Hey wonder who will be a pair i hope yan xing shu and jeanette ends up together but i know that probably wouldn't happen for channel 8.

By the way anyone have the starting and ending song ??

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    This show is ok so far.......notice Toro doe not have as big a part as Yan Xing Shu.
    I like Jeanette Aw with Qi Yu Wu's parining the best.
    Yep I agree... I am surprise actually, that Yan Xing Shu actually has a bigger part than Toro, afterall, Toro is a bigger 'star' than Yan Xing Shu. So far, according to the snippets of the show I had watched the past week, Toro is always caught between the two girls and seem to be kinda dumb and weak. If he really likes Fiona Xie character, than why is he letting that Xiao Qiao's character get in his way everytime? And goes along with whatever she says??