Thread: RJJ knocked out. Again

Default RJJ knocked out. Again

How disappointing. He's done.

Sad to see my fav boxer get KOed in 2 consective fights.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

Old age gets to everyone eventually. Looks like it's gotten to Roy Jones Jr. now too.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    Old age gets to everyone eventually. Looks like it's gotten to Roy Jones Jr. now too.
    I wouldnt have been so disappointed if he went down boxing. But damn. RJJ didn't throw a punch after the 7th round (maybe he did I wasnt counting )

DLH vs Hopkins
    Jones vs Johnson
    Trinidad and Mayorga

Nice consective 3 weeks of big fights. 1st one was so-so, 2nd sucked, I'm hoping the 3rd will be great.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

Crappy man..............................i never watched fight assumed Roy would take this guy out and go on against tarver.....bad way to end career man....hard to believe one year ago Roy Jones was thought to be untouchable

How did roy jones look in this fight? alot older and slower then he did against first fight vs Tarver?? From what espn said he was dominated from start to finish...
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    How did roy jones look in this fight? alot older and slower then he did against first fight vs Tarver?? From what espn said he was dominated from start to finish...
    Nothing like the Jones of the last 10+ years. He looked really old.

Wasn't using his legs, didn't show his handspeed advantage like he should have. He was just happy with hanging on the ropes and taking alot of shots, occasionally throwing 1-2 counter punches.

shitty...i never saw that coming. Maybe tarver's contoversial loss and RJ's knock out werent flukes.....2 bad..
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Didn't want to start a new thread but I wanted to talk about the Tito vs Mayorga fight.

Props to Mayorga for sticking to his words. Sticking out his chin like that and getting hit by those left hooks. Mayorga has heart, alot of guys wouldn't have gotten up after those shots he took. Fight was extremely entertaining.