Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Conqueror's Story 《楚漢驕雄》

Quote Originally Posted by Legends
    Nope,Cheung Leung wasn't killed by Lau Bong.He "retired" after Lau Bong became Hang GauZou. A really smart guy.
    are u talking abt cheung leung in history or cheung leung in this series?
    he's intelligent but i dun think he ever considered lau bong a 'bad/evil' emperor!
    #1 fav actor/singer: chow goon adam cheng~~

Quote Originally Posted by yulingfung
    are u talking abt cheung leung in history or cheung leung in this series?
    he's intelligent but i dun think he ever considered lau bong a 'bad/evil' emperor!
    In history. And I don't think Lau Bong will kill him in this series either.

In history. And I don't think Lau Bong will kill him in this series either.
    how abt in history? did lau bong intend to get rid of cheung n his followers after he became han gaozu??
    thanx!!

Was the cursed sword real? Was it mentioned in the history?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonkidd38
    Was the cursed sword real? Was it mentioned in the history?
    Nah, it's not real.
    ♥ Adam

Chapter 16 was so good as well! How come Sai Chor Ba Wong suddenly became heartless to Lau Bong?? I wanted to punch Hong Yu in the face when he made Lau Bong and Lu Chi eating scorpians, worms, bugs, yuck!! Cheung Leung is such an intelligent man! He should be creditted to Lau Bong's career lol.

how abt in history? did lau bong intend to get rid of cheung n his followers after he became han gaozu??
    thanx!!
    Yeah,Lau Bong intended to get rid of the followers(I don't exactly know who they r though.) in history.But he did have his reasons(or excuses??) like every other king. @@ Well,all kings r suspicious and vulnerable in some way.However,Cheung wasn't killed ,he just left.

Yeah,Lau Bong intended to get rid of the followers(I don't exactly know who they r though.) in history.But he did have his reasons(or excuses??) like every other king. @@ Well,all kings r suspicious and vulnerable in some way.However,Cheung wasn't killed ,he just left.
    omg i'm surprised! i thought only han sun was killed cos he tried to expand power so lui chi and siu ho eliminated him secretly!! i hope adam's lau bong isn't that heartless haha~ still luv him anyway thanx

Anyone knows the ratings of the series in Hong Kong? Is it doing well?
    I think it deserves to have very high ratings as it is so good.

Quote Originally Posted by lindaliu
    Anyone knows the ratings of the series in Hong Kong? Is it doing well?
    I think it deserves to have very high ratings as it is so good.
    hk ppl have weird taste lol~
    most of the time they like light-hearted series or weird series, not so much into history. 'the conqueror's story' ratings are average *so far* but it has been receiving really gd reviews!!

er... watch one of the episode the other day at my fren's house and Adam's Lau Bong is soooo naive ai... too trusting to Hong Yu inspite of his follower's protest

and y did the old man claims Melissa's character as cursed?? and what about the sword??

rourou (11-18-04, 11:53 AM ) : er... watch one of the episode the other day at my fren's house and Adam's Lau Bong is soooo naive ai... too trusting to Hong Yu inspite of his follower's protest and y did the old man claims Melissa's character as cursed?? and what about the sword??

Naive may be Lau Bong's flaw, but it is also this trusting nature that binds his friends and followers by his side. Besides, Lau Bong kindda idolizes Hong Yu, which explains why he trusts Hong Yu so much.

According to TCS... It is believed that the legendary Tian Zhi Sword will help its owner to conquer the country. However, the sword is also cursed. Past owners of the Tian Zhi Sword had met with the same tragic ending; committed suicide with it. During the Qin dynasty, the Tian Zhi Sword ends up as the heirloom of Melissa's family. Melissa, believed to be born a jinx could nullify the cursed Tian Zhi Sword, gets the family heirloom.

Hope it dispel your doubts.

[QUOTE=daygainAccording to TCS... It is believed that the legendary Tian Zhi Sword will help its owner to conquer the country. However, the sword is also cursed. Past owners of the Tian Zhi Sword had met with the same tragic ending; committed suicide with it. During the Qin dynasty, the Tian Zhi Sword ends up as the heirloom of Melissa's family. Melissa, believed to be born a jinx could nullify the cursed Tian Zhi Sword, gets the family heirloom.QUOTE]
    lol though this didn't make much sense but now i'm clearer liao haha

omg i'm surprised! i thought only han sun was killed cos he tried to expand power so lui chi and siu ho eliminated him secretly!! i hope adam's lau bong isn't that heartless haha~ still luv him anyway thanx
    I think Hon Sun did try to expand his power but he hadn't started, technically, and Xiao He and Lui Chi realized this in advanced and warned Lau Bong about it. Lau Bong did demote Hon Sun of his title, but didn't really get rid of Hon Sun. Becuase Lau Bong didn't listen to Xiao He and Lui Chi they went ahead and carry out the execution. Same thing with his other followers...in fact I think Xiao He was murdered by Lui Chi also. Cheung Leung survived though because he knew she was gonna kill him anyway so he resigned before or immediately after Lau Bong died, I think.
    On October 25...
    Go back in time to the Chu-Han War

Wink

Originally Posted by rourou
    The Tian Zhi Sword is fake, doesn't exist. So it's just the scriptwriter's way of arranging Hong Yu to meet Melissa.

Quote Originally Posted by daygain
    The Tian Zhi Sword is fake, doesn't exist. So it's just the scriptwriter's way of arranging Hong Yu to meet Melissa.
    Yeah, the scriptwriter did change quite a few facts but still interesting
    1) Tin jie sword
    2) Lau Bong supposed to meet Chik Gei somewhere when he attained Ham Yeung.
    3) Lau Bong's character
    etc.
    ♥ Adam

Chapter 19 was awesome!! I totally love Hon Sun's war strategy!! But let's hope that he won't be too arrogant and over confident of himself or else he might lose to Hang Yu! Lau Bong is still hilarious. I love his scenes with the 2 wives, they're so funny! lol. Yikes, I have to wait 'til Monday for chapt 20!

Quote Originally Posted by mammamia
    I think Hon Sun did try to expand his power but he hadn't started, technically, and Xiao He and Lui Chi realized this in advanced and warned Lau Bong about it. Lau Bong did demote Hon Sun of his title, but didn't really get rid of Hon Sun. Becuase Lau Bong didn't listen to Xiao He and Lui Chi they went ahead and carry out the execution. Same thing with his other followers...in fact I think Xiao He was murdered by Lui Chi also. Cheung Leung survived though because he knew she was gonna kill him anyway so he resigned before or immediately after Lau Bong died, I think.
    Don't think Xiao He dies.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by daygain
    According to TCS... It is believed that the legendary Tian Zhi Sword will help its owner to conquer the country. However, the sword is also cursed. Past owners of the Tian Zhi Sword had met with the same tragic ending; committed suicide with it. During the Qin dynasty, the Tian Zhi Sword ends up as the heirloom of Melissa's family. Melissa, believed to be born a jinx could nullify the cursed Tian Zhi Sword, gets the family heirloom.

Hope it dispel your doubts.
    I thought it was the Tian Zi Sword being able to nullify Mellisa's jinx curse, and allow her live with someone who wouldn't being killed (e.g mother died in labour), and no the other way around.

I am lost!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I actually don't quite understand about the Tian Zhi sword. Does anyone think Melissa's new hairdo looks awkward?? It looks too big for her head!! I love Adam, Maggie and Wayne's costumes! Argh, have to wait until Monday for chapt 20, I want to watch it!