Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Conqueror's Story 《楚漢驕雄》

that's so funny angel!
    oh, im really disappointed that they didn't include the tongue-cutting scenes. it would be kinda 'nice' to see cerina in that 'big wine jar' actually im wondering how tvb will make that scene. that would be quite a challenge to tvb's makeup artists.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by angel_luvz
    What's so disappointed with the main casts? They're all top TVB artists who can actually ACT! I really don't want to see a bunch of youngsters in a historical drama like this.

I'd like to make a few comments regarding the poster! Adam Cheng looks so handsome and convincing as Han gaozu Lau Bong, Melissa looks very classy whereas Maggie seems evil through a glance of her eyes! Kwong Wa's eyes also look scary hah... Interesting series indeed.

The info above states that Adam will sing the themesong, Kwong Wa and Kitman sing the sub, so who's Kitman? Isn't that his wife? Thanks!

I saw a few scenes they filmed in China when I was there for a tour!! One of it I remembered Lau Bong and his wife Lui Chi were seeking Hong Yu for help but Hong Yu rejected them so they had to wait outside his palace for a night. Suddenly one of the guards 'accidentally' slammed a stick at Maggie's face! Everyone was laughing lol. Anyway, just a bit of gossip I want to share!
    agree w/u~ luv the casts!!
    yes, kitman is kwong wa's wife

aww, ouch for maggie....i hope she wasn't hurt but this sounds funny

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    that's so funny angel!
    oh, im really disappointed that they didn't include the tongue-cutting scenes. it would be kinda 'nice' to see cerina in that 'big wine jar' actually im wondering how tvb will make that scene. that would be quite a challenge to tvb's makeup artists.
    i think tvb will receive alot of complaints if they have cerina's character chopped into pieces like this considering 'the conqueror's story' is airing at 8pm slot

Quote Originally Posted by yulingfung
    what do u mean? this is like a war series similar to 3 kingdoms that sort of things

Thanks, thats what I thought it was.
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PotentBlend
    Is this a Wuxia series?
    No, it's a political/historical drama.
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001

Yes, it was hilarious! Here is a picture of what I saw I found at Adam's website!![IMG]$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tinypic.com/aqhea')[/IMG]

nah! they don't have to show it all1 they just have to put cerina in a dark pit and cover almost all of cerina's face with her hair. then put some mascara on cerina's eyes. that would be enough.
    kinda funny, maggie and cerina are also together in better halves and was involved in a love triangle there. but now they are sharing husband
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    nah! they don't have to show it all1 they just have to put cerina in a dark pit and cover almost all of cerina's face with her hair. then put some mascara on cerina's eyes. that would be enough.
    kinda funny, maggie and cerina are also together in better halves and was involved in a love triangle there. but now they are sharing husband
    the conqueror's story only has 30 eps so tvb won't go into details of lu zhi ruling the kingdom & killing ppl
    btw, angel_luv, those caps of maggie getting knocked-out up there are so funny! i feel bad for her but can't stop laughing

Yes, it was hilarious! Here is a picture of what I saw I found at Adam's website!![IMG]$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tinypic.com/aqhea')[/IMG]
    Oh hell! What happenedto Maggie's eye? Hope she's okay!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

charbydis, she was okay afterwards because Lau Bong was there LOL
    I just saw the storyline at TVBI website and its official poster.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tvfe.com/drama/2004_dramas/drama_pictures/the_conquerors_story.jpg')

http://www.tvb.com/tvbi/program/conqueror/index.html

ºÊ¡@»s ¡G §õ²K³Ó
    ½s¡@¼f ¡G ±çµú±ö¡A±iµØ¼Ð
    ºt¡@­û ¡G ¾G¤Ö¬î¡A¦¿¡@µØ¡A±i¥iÀ[¡A§d¬üÒ²¡A¾¤Ä£²»¡A¹ÅºÑ»ö¡Aù¼ÖªL¡A½±§Ó¥ú

¶µ¼B³v³À¶Ã¥@¤¤¡A
    ¬O®É¬O©R©w­^¶¯¡H

¯³¥½°ÊÀú¤§¥@¡A¸s¶¯³v³À¡C¦b³o­ÓÄvª§¿E¯Pªº»R¥x¤W¡A³Ì Æf¥Øªº¤Hª«²ö¹L©ó¼B¨¹(¾G¤Ö¬î)©M¶µ¦Ð(¦¿µØ)³o¹ï¦n¤Í¡C

¦Ð¯ÝÃh¤j§Ó¡A¤@¥Í¥H¤Ï¯³¬°¤v¥ô¡Aµ²ªG¸¨±o¯Q¦¿¦Û¦F¡F¤Ï Æ[¥X¨­¥«¤«ªº¨¹¥»µLª§ÅQ¤§¤ß¡A°¾°¾³Ì«á±o¤Ñ¤Uªº«K¬O¥L¡C ¦pªG­n»¡±o¤Ñ¤U»P§_¥Ñ®É¶Õ©Î©R¹B¨M©w¡A­Ë¤£¦p»¡¬O©Ê®æ ¨M©w©R¹B¡C¦Ð¦³¤@¯Z½å¤h¨}±N¦b¨­Ãä¡A¥]¬A­S¼W(ù¼ÖªL)¡B­^¥¬(¤ý«T´Å)¡B¨ä¨û¤÷¶µ±ç©M±Ú§Ì¶µ²ø (¶À¿A¾W)µ¥¡A¦ý¥L­è´p¦Û¥Î¡Aµ²ªG©¾¨}³v¤@¨D¥h¡C¬Û¤Ï¡A ¨¹ª¾¤Hµ½¥ô¡AÁú«H(¾¤Ä£²»)¡B±i¨}(½±§Ó¥ú)¡B³¯¥­(ªL­³¨ °)¡B¿½¦ó(¾|®¶¶¶)¤Î¼ÔéD(¦ã«Â)µ¥³£¬°¨äÁù°`ºÉ·ñ¡C

­^¶¯¨­ÃäÁ`¦³¬õÃCª¾¤v¡A¨¹ªº©d¤l§f¹n(±i¥iÀ[)´N§ó¬O§U¨¹ºÙ«Òªº¥\¦Ú¤§¤@¡C¹nªÅ¦³¤j§Ó¦ÓµL¹ê²{¤§±æ¡ A¦]¦¹·í¦o¬Ý¥X¨¹«D¦À¤¤ª««á«K±N§Æ±æ±H°U¦b¥L¨­¤W¡C¦Ð¥ç¤@ ¼Ë¡A¥L¨­Ã䦳¤@¦ì²MÄR¬ü¤k¸·®V(§d¬üÒ²)¡C¼W´¿¥H®V¬°¤£ ²»¤H¬°¥Ñ¡AÄU¦Ð±þ¤§¥Hµ´«á±w¡A¦ý¬°¦Ð©Ò©Ú¡K¡K
    ♥ Adam

What's so disappointed with the main casts? They're all top TVB artists who can actually ACT! I really don't want to see a bunch of youngsters in a historical drama like this.

I'd like to make a few comments regarding the poster! Adam Cheng looks so handsome and convincing as Han gaozu Lau Bong, Melissa looks very classy whereas Maggie seems evil through a glance of her eyes! Kwong Wa's eyes also look scary hah... Interesting series indeed.

I think TVB should have done a better casting of the main casts in this historcial drama. I think according to history, Melissa's character's role is suppose to be a big famous ancient beauty in her times, but Melissa is NOT pretty at all, she looked so plain looking, not fitting the role. As for Adam Cheng to be casted in that villain role,, he doesn't seem like a villain, he's better cast as a good guy role. As for Maggie, she don't seem suitable to play the sly & scheming type, she 's more in good moral role like in "old time buddy". As for Kong Wah, he doesn't seem suitable to played the rough, tough & courageous army commander role type.

The main casts doesn't necesarily have to be a bunch of youngsters nor a bunch of older veterans. I think the main casts have to be appropriate for the roles.

I think I preferred the movie version called "the conqueror's concubine" starring Rosamund Kwan chi lam & Ray Lui Leung Wai & Gong LI of this story over TVB's drama.
    Last edited by earth4477; 09-30-04 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by earth4477
    I think TVB should have done a better casting of the main casts in this historcial drama. I think according to history, Melissa's character's role is suppose to be a big famous ancient beauty in her times, but Melissa is NOT pretty at all, she looked so plain looking, not fitting the role. As for Adam Cheng to be casted in that villain role,, he doesn't seem like a villain, he's better cast as a good guy role. As for Maggie, she don't seem suitable to play the sly & scheming type, she 's more in good moral role like in "old time buddy". As for Kong Wah, he doesn't seem suitable to played the rough, tough & courageous army commander role type.
    I agree with you about Melissa, she isn't bad looking but she's NOT extremely beautiful as the book described. BUT, as for Adam, he's playing LAU BONG, not Hong Yu Lau Bong is definitely a good guy who is loved by his people and followers.

P.S. IMO, I think Maggie suits Lui Chi pretty well because she has that wicked look (her character of course).
    Last edited by adamcheng22447; 10-01-04 at 12:04 AM.
    ♥ Adam

Earth,

Adam can SO play good guys AND the VILLIANS pretty well. You haven't seen Greed of Man right? He did really well as a villian. That's why I think he's very verstile as an actor.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

To earth4477,

Melissa may not be a beauty but she has that classy image that's passable for this role, or perhaps it's a miscast like you said! Isn't Adam playing Liu Bang? I heard good things about his character thus he shouldn't be considered a villain right? In fact, I bet he could pull off any villaneous role e.g. the famous Yip Koo Sing and Ding hai. He's such a gifted actor! Kwong Wa doesn't look tough nor rough as the commander and he tries too hard to look 'bad' but I'd say he probably do good cos he was an excellent villain in one of the 80s series where he portrayed Yong Cheng!! Lastly, Maggie had been casted in numerous villain characters before, so I'm sure she could pull off her role as empress Lu with her acting skills.

I guess we'll just wait and see when this series comes out!

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    Oh hell! What happenedto Maggie's eye? Hope she's okay!
    Maggie was panicked for a little cos she didn't expect the guard's weapon to hit her!! Luckily, she had Adam there consoling/checking on her lol. We tourists couldn't come near them since they were filming... I saw her touching her cheek for awhile and fortunately it was ok, no scratches!

Maggie was panicked for a little cos she didn't expect the guard's weapon to hit her!! Luckily, she had Adam there consoling/checking on her lol. We tourists couldn't come near them since they were filming... I saw her touching her cheek for awhile and fortunately it was ok, no scratches!
    thanks for telling me, angel_luvz and 22447. Good to knwo taht she is all right.

Anyway, Lau Bong, in history is portrayed to be a semi-villian, kind and good to his followers, generous and knows how to make people think of him in the way he wants. He knows what people are good at, what to use them for, and how to get them to listen to him. Really smart man.

He is also merciless when it comes to his own life, for example when once Hong Yu sent guards after him (after Lu Zhi was taken as hostage), he was in a carriage with several of his followers and his two small children (7 + 8 y/o). But he was afraid that the carriage would slow down with so much load so he threw his two children off to svae himself.

Luckily someone (a fighter i think) grabbed the kids just in time, but Lau Bong repeated this two more times, until he was finally convinced that the enemies could not catch up with them.

I think Adam could well portray this role as a semi-villian, even though TVB will probabaly soften down his role to be more nice. Adam is so versatile that he could play most of the ranges required.

Whereas Hong Yu, though talented and brave, is awfully hot-tempered and vicious/barbaric in nature, like how he burned down the palace and killed people who came back after losing battles, causing the remaining followers to leave him.

Somehow, I don't like Kwong Wa in this role (prob because I don't like him at all ) , as earth said, he's doesn't seem like the rough type, but he can be commanding and evil. I hope he can prove me wrong and give a breakthrough performance.

I think people have heard enough about Lu Zhi in history, so lets skip to my opinion on Maggie in this role. I think Maggie reallly suits this role, because she comes forward as a strong, independent woman, yet is soft at the same time. But she has this firm look on her face which reallly suits Lu Zhi's strength, maturity and intelligence.

Yu Ji (Yu Gei) is supposed to be a very beautiful woman, probably the most beautiful in that era, and very talented and elegant. She's supposed to bring out the soft side in Hong Yu. Melissa is very elegant and graceful in movements and speech, not to mention her skin's pretty fair which was regarded as beautiful in the past. Melissa may not be the most beautiful woman in the world, but she is pretty pretty, and has good acting skills.

Anyway, everything a role requiring the most beautiful woman in the world to turn up, someone always is dissatisfied.

Anne Heung as Lady Yang got bashed so badly by some part of the audience because she can't act and people thought she was not beautiful enough.

Ada Choi as Empress Zhen also got criticized for being too skinny and not beautiful enough.

Actresses who got less criticism were Irene Wan as Tan Ji and Noel/Vivian Leung as Chen Yuan Yuan, but I think Irene can't act and my uncle thinks Noel has a flat nose and isn't beautiful enough (no offense to her fans or Noel personally though)

The point is, no TVB actress can be considered the most beuatiful in the world by everyone, and every individual has different standards and tastes. What really matters is the acting because once we get into the character's shoes and mind, his/her looks don't matter anymore. (No offense earth)
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

charbydis has spoken my mind!!

i think the cast is alright. originally in 2003, adam was casted in the role of xiang yu's, damian lau as liu bang, flora chan as yu ji, etc. i didn't really like the original casting. a year later tvb decided to film this series & adam was confirmed to be liu bang b/c the director stressed that only adam had the greed in his acting and could portray liu bang the way he wanted.
    then they had a hard time looking for someone to play xiang yu since adam already took the role liu bang haha. after awhile they found kwong wa, added maggie & melissa to the cast before new yr~
    at first i thought melissa wasn't pretty enough for yu ji role since i heard she was an extremely beautiful woman during that era. after judging many pix fr fans, she'd look ok & pretty gd in ancient costume!
    maggie can be very evil, independent & ruthless. besides having those facial expressions, she also could bring out lui zhi's strength in her performance according to the previous series i've seen of her lor. maggie told her fans that it was fun to be so evil (referring to her role in the conqueror's story). i'm guessing she's going to be really really evil here.
    liu bang sounds like a perfect down-to-earth guy according to the summary from tvbi whereas xiang yu is considered a "siu yan". i think tvb toned down adam's villainous a bit! thanx for all of ur info, charbydis~~ i guess u've read the novel of chu han war b4??

Yeah, I remember in the old '84 version (called "The Battlefield"), Lawrence Ng played Liu Bang and made me want to punch him in the face. Hopefully, the Adam Cheng Liu Bang will be a little more likeable.

Default reply to a bunch of ppl

I did saw a scene where Adam's character looks very old, almost dying. So I think TVB will discuss his death and how Maggie's character come into power. I'm sure they'll address her killing Cerina's character, but I highly doubt TVB will portray the murders of Cerina's character and her son. It's too violent but it can also be educational for kids who are in fact looking for perspectives about the Chu-Han War and Empress Dowager Lu legacy that follows after. Maybe if this series is a success, then TVB can consider making a sequel about Empress Dowager Lu.

Those caps of Maggie getting hit by the prop is funny yet painful! I can imagine what she must have felt like, I mean psychologically. Actor depends on their face to make money, if any part of their face is injured would be hell!!! So cute that Adam stays in character and tries to comfort her in those caps. Really nice. I did hear about that a while ago but this is the first time I saw the pics. I even heard Maggie's fans joked about it by posting a pic of that guard who accidentally hit Maggie as a "MOST WANTED" pic, as if he's committed a crime. Haha, he might as well did, injuring Maggie's face. TVB should add that bits in the Bloopers special though.

To earth4477, Adam isn't really a villain in this war. He's actually a hero. Kwong Wa is also a hero to some extent. They both took down the Qin dynasty because it wasn't ruling well. Afterward, they each want their rewards by being a ruler of some land, and the conflict became bigger and that "some land" turned out to be all of China. I have no doubt in Adam's talents, I think he can pull off this performance. He might have been a coward at some points too, but that just makes him more human.

You don't think Maggie is suitable for a sly & scheming role? I don't think Lu Zhi was sly, she's just really scary as a person because she's got so much strength and determination, her drive for power is strong, that's what makes her scary. I believe she was upright, just ruthless and brutal. I also think Maggie can do this, didn't you see her in Kindred Spirit, One Good Turn Deserves Another, War and Beauty?

And you don't believe Kwong Wa can play a rough and tough commander? Hello! Where were you when Battle of Secret Majesty was aired? Where were you when all his emperor roles were aired?

I didn't like the movie version with Ray and Gong Li that much, they did change history in there you know? They gave Xiang Yu and Lu Zhi a romantic entanglement! What the hell was that?

Ewww! Lawrence Ng, that guy makes me want to punch all the characters he played, good or bad. Somehow he manages to turn all the characters into needy, superficial, hypocritical, sly, pathetic wusses. I may have exaggerated but I've never been impressed by him and that's the feelings he's given me.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cheunghoyee.com/bbs/UploadFile/2004-10/20041013425922.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cheunghoyee.com/bbs/UploadFile/2004-10/200410131028227.jpg')
    On October 25...
    Go back in time to the Chu-Han War