Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Conqueror's Story 《楚漢驕雄》

Talking The Conqueror's Story 《楚漢驕雄》

this series is finally coming out in a mth!!
    i heard it'll be aired during tvb anniversary month~
    thanx hoyee4u.com for the poster scan below

Title: Chor Hon Giu Hung {The Conqueror's Story}
    Premier date: Oct. 25, 2004
    No. of episodes: 30
    Theme song: Adam Cheng
    Sub theme song: Kwong Wa & Kitman
    Casts:
    Adam Cheng....Liu Bang {emperor Han Gaozu}
    Kwong Wa....Xiang Yu {Chu Ba Wang}
    Maggie Cheung....Lu Zhi
    Melissa Ng....Yu Ji
    Wayne Lai....Han Xing
    Cheung Chi Kwong....Zhang Liang
    Cerina De Graca....Qi Ji

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/tcs.jpg')
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-30-08 at 05:56 PM.

oOo yay! a thread for this. dunno wat to say...but i wanted to reply newayz. lol. i kant wait until it kums out...even if i dunno if ill b able to watch it. "/ but at least once ppl finish watching...i kan read reviews. hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by xsMiLeE_sTaRzx
    oOo yay! a thread for this. dunno wat to say...but i wanted to reply newayz. lol. i kant wait until it kums out...even if i dunno if ill b able to watch it. "/ but at least once ppl finish watching...i kan read reviews. hehehe.
    Then you'll be able to read episode summary scans from TVB weekly hehe. People who've read/heard of Chor Hon war should know the whole story by now. I hope TVB didn't change the ending Lau Bong rulessss right LOL.
    ♥ Adam

Whoa, Wayne Lai as Han Xin? Kinda weird, I always picture him as the pig from journey to the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Condor
    Whoa, Wayne Lai as Han Xin? Kinda weird, I always picture him as the pig from journey to the west.
    Hon Sun doesn't look as fat as the pig now

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.adamcheng.net/laubong/wx248.jpg')
    ♥ Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adamcheng22447
    Hon Sun doesn't look as fat as the pig now

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.adamcheng.net/laubong/wx248.jpg')
    Adam Cheng looks really surprised in that picture.

Does anyone know who plays Xiao He?

Quote Originally Posted by Omniflame
    Does anyone know who plays Xiao He?
    Lui Chun Kwan.
    Here's a photo of Lau Bong and his followers.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.adamcheng.net/laubong/lbadvisors.jpg')
    ♥ Adam

Wow .... I think Maggie is very suitable to play Lu Zhi (Empress Lu) .... she can sure act devious and evil.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

hehe! can't wait for the series! i think kwong wah looks like ray lui in that poster. don't you think so?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    hehe! can't wait for the series! i think kwong wah looks like ray lui in that poster. don't you think so?
    I think he looks like Wong Wan Choi.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

wong wan choi? who's that?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by tinac
    Wow .... I think Maggie is very suitable to play Lu Zhi (Empress Lu) .... she can sure act devious and evil.
    yeah~ she sure has that coldness on her face!
    i heard her character is very evil & strong, but of course still sweet to her husband liu bang
    omg, can't wait for another mth to watch the banquet scene, chu han war, liu & xiang brotherhood, etc!!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    wong wan choi? who's that?
    I think he played Au Yeung Hak in LOCH82 and he also played a character (Fa Moon Lau, I think) in Luk Siu Fung.

Quote Originally Posted by yulingfung
    yeah~ she sure has that coldness on her face!
    i heard her character is very evil & strong, but of course still sweet to her husband liu bang
    omg, can't wait for another mth to watch the banquet scene, chu han war, liu & xiang brotherhood, etc!!
    Yeah, historically empress Lu was quite a character. When Liu bang died, she took over the government, she also killed her husband's concubine and the concubine's son. One of the story is that she cut off a concubine's arms and legs and put her in a "big wine jar".

ANyway, empress Lu featured in a few old series and was also the big bad guy.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Quote Originally Posted by tinac
    Yeah, historically empress Lu was quite a character. When Liu bang died, she took over the government, she also killed her husband's concubine and the concubine's son. One of the story is that she cut off a concubine's arms and legs and put her in a "big wine jar".

ANyway, empress Lu featured in a few old series and was also the big bad guy.
    Empress Lu had to take over the country because her son was a weakling, but very kind and merciful.

That concubine who got her tongue cut, eyes gouged, limbs severed, poisoned dumb, and struck deaf, was actually Chi Ji, who is played by Cerina de Graca. Her character in history pissed off Empress Lu because she tried three times to get Liu Bang to give the throne to her own son, Ru Yi, instead of the empress's son.

She also challenged Empress Lu's power and status at functions where she requested to be seated in teh same row as her, menaing they have equal status.

I think Au Yeung Pu San played her once.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    Empress Lu had to take over the country because her son was a weakling, but very kind and merciful.

That concubine who got her tongue cut, eyes gouged, limbs severed, poisoned dumb, and struck deaf, was actually Chi Ji, who is played by Cerina de Graca. Her character in history pissed off Empress Lu because she tried three times to get Liu Bang to give the throne to her own son, Ru Yi, instead of the empress's son.

She also challenged Empress Lu's power and status at functions where she requested to be seated in teh same row as her, menaing they have equal status.

I think Au Yeung Pu San played her once.
    Cerina's character (Chik gei) looks very sweet from all the pics I've seen. I didn't know she was kindda sissy. But TVB only stops after Hong Yu loses Lau Bong in the last battle, thankfully there will be no tongue cutting or whatever hahahaha.
    ♥ Adam

I am SO disappointed with the main casts in this TVB's ancient drama TV series.
    I saw the same storyline in the movie which was overall good, called
    "the conqueror's concubine" starring

1. Ray Lui Leung Wai
    2. Rosamund Kwan Chi Lam (who played as Ray's wife, her character in the story is suppose to be a legendary beauty----which I think she fit the role well.)

3. gong Li ----the sly & scheming wife of Ray's opponent in war.

The themesong was GREAT in here when Ray was returning home & his people welcome with a celebration of singing & music.

I think TVB will produce an inferior quality compare to this movie that was produced years ago.

Have anyone saw this movie "the conqueror's concubine"?
    and what did you think of it??

What's so disappointed with the main casts? They're all top TVB artists who can actually ACT! I really don't want to see a bunch of youngsters in a historical drama like this.

I'd like to make a few comments regarding the poster! Adam Cheng looks so handsome and convincing as Han gaozu Lau Bong, Melissa looks very classy whereas Maggie seems evil through a glance of her eyes! Kwong Wa's eyes also look scary hah... Interesting series indeed.

The info above states that Adam will sing the themesong, Kwong Wa and Kitman sing the sub, so who's Kitman? Isn't that his wife? Thanks!

I saw a few scenes they filmed in China when I was there for a tour!! One of it I remembered Lau Bong and his wife Lui Chi were seeking Hong Yu for help but Hong Yu rejected them so they had to wait outside his palace for a night. Suddenly one of the guards 'accidentally' slammed a stick at Maggie's face! Everyone was laughing lol. Anyway, just a bit of gossip I want to share!

Is this a Wuxia series?
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PotentBlend
    Is this a Wuxia series?
    what do u mean? this is like a war series similar to 3 kingdoms that sort of things