Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any embarrassing moments in wuxia?

Default Any embarrassing moments in wuxia?

Do you recall any embarrassing moments for any characters (preferably the main characters) in wuxia? Post them here, just for fun.

like when WYY accidentally dropped her clothes in front of DY? lol
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

is there any similar scene like the janet-jackson scene?

Something like that

I don't know whether this happened in the actual novels, but in one translation of LXF novels (I don't remember which LXF novel it was, nor do I know whether the translation, in Indonesian that is, is accurate, and I did not even finish reading it as well), there was one scene where LXF was taking a bath in a bathtub when suddenly a group of ladies barged in. They tried to threaten him something (I can't remember) and they pour very hot water into the bathtub. Anyway, it should be embarrassing enough for a man, but I don't think LXF was embarrassed, though. This is not portrayed in any of LXF adaptations AFAIK

Quote Originally Posted by rabadi
    Something like that

I don't know whether this happened in the actual novels, but in one translation of LXF novels (I don't remember which LXF novel it was, nor do I know whether the translation, in Indonesian that is, is accurate, and I did not even finish reading it as well), there was one scene where LXF was taking a bath in a bathtub when suddenly a group of ladies barged in. They tried to threaten him something (I can't remember) and they pour very hot water into the bathtub. Anyway, it should be embarrassing enough for a man, but I don't think LXF was embarrassed, though. This is not portrayed in any of LXF adaptations AFAIK
    This was in the novel, and shown in TVB's 1970s adaptation of LUK SIU FUNG as well.

The four young women were the "Four Beauties of Ngor Mei", disciples of Dook Goo 1 Hok. They were trying to force Luk Siu Fung to confirm the intelligence they had gathered that Sai Mun Chui Sheut had killed their elder apprentice brother Soo Siu Ying at Yim Teet San's Pearl and Jewel Pavilion the previous evening. They also wanted Luk Siu Fung to tell them where Sai Mun Chui Sheut could be found so that they could avenge Soo Siu Ying (fat chance the four of them would be able to kill Sai Mun Chui Sheut).

One of the young ladies, Sheun Sau Ching, later became Sai Mun Chui Sheut's wife.

i dun mind 4 ladies barging in when i bath
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972
    i dun mind 4 ladies barging in when i bath
    That wasn't the problem. The problem was that the four young ladies were threatening Luk Siu Fung with swords and a pot of boiling water.

tat i do mind
    TaZzY InC

What about when XLN was practicing inner energy without clothers with Yang Guo and was caught by 2 priest of the Quan Qin? She's was embarrased until she's fainted, I think.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore
    What about when XLN was practicing inner energy without clothers with Yang Guo and was caught by 2 priest of the Quan Qin? She's was embarrased until she's fainted, I think.
    maybe. and yg was so hotheaded he got engaged in a fight with those two priests though he doesnt even know what they were really hinting at. poor yg, how innocent.

I think when OYF used his own clothes as parachute to jump from the mountain in LOCH, it was pretty embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    ...and shown in TVB's 1970s adaptation of LUK SIU FUNG as well.
    I didn't know that. I watched the 1980s adaptation, not the 1970s one.

I didn't know that. I watched the 1980s adaptation, not the 1970s one.
    You owe it to yourself to check out the 1970s version. The cast was superb, and nobody has ever tried harder to make a faithful adaptation of a wuxia novel. TVB's 1970s LUK SIU FUNG series practically re-created the novel line-for-line.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

when did wwy drop her clothes in front of dy?
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    when did wwy drop her clothes in front of dy?
    I think when they were chased by the Xsia Xsia soldiers. Then they were discovered by MYF in disguise.

You owe it to yourself to check out the 1970s version. The cast was superb, and nobody has ever tried harder to make a faithful adaptation of a wuxia novel. TVB's 1970s LUK SIU FUNG series practically re-created the novel line-for-line.
    Unfortunately I don't think it is easy to find the series in my area. It would be so rare, I doubt I can find it. Of course I can probably order through the net, but it is currently not an option to me. I remember old series were being re-produced in Singapore, but unfortunately there was no English subtitles.

Unfortunately I don't think it is easy to find the series in my area. It would be so rare, I doubt I can find it. Of course I can probably order through the net, but it is currently not an option to me. I remember old series were being re-produced in Singapore, but unfortunately there was no English subtitles.
    You can order all three parts of the 1970s TVB LUK SIU FUNG series from Yesasia.com. Unlike other TVB VCD projects, LUK SIU FUNG received minimal editing (unlike THE BUND and other series). The 1970s LUK SIU FUNG series were so short that TVB probably figured it didn't need to cut anything out.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJ
    I think when they were chased by the Xsia Xsia soldiers. Then they were discovered by MYF in disguise.
    oh, that part, i remember that they hid in the second floor of a barn and duan yu got her a change of clothes. he had to help her change because she was to weak to move. that would be embarrasing forwwy but duan yu probably got a thrill from that.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

...series from Yesasia.com.
    But they wouldn't have English subtitles, would they?

I think when OYF used his own clothes as parachute to jump from the mountain in LOCH, it was pretty embarrassing.
    For a traditional master of all times, yes it was pretty embarassing for him

But 1 thing puzzles me, at that time i believe the parachute has not been invented yet. And XiDu is not known for his wits and intelligience. How could he have thought of using his clothes as parachute? Another flaw in JY novel...