Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: if singapore is to film hsds

here's mine

(1) zwj - Chew Chor Meng (he's old but looks young as ever)
    (2) zm - May Phua/Yvonne Lim or even Sun Li since she stars for Channel U alot
    (3) zrr - priscelia chan (Good choice)
    (4) xiao chao - Jeanette Aw
    (5) Zhu-er - Michelle Liow

Others:
    Yin Susu - Ivy Lee
    Ji Xiao Fu - florence tan
    Er Mei Mei Jue - Lin Mei Jiao (think she'll be great for this too)
    Song Qing Shu - Alan Tern
    Zhang San Feng - Chen Shu Cheng
    Wu Dang Song Cui Shan - Huang Wenyong
    Wu Dang 3rd senior - Rayson Tan
    Zhang Cuishan - Thomas Ong??? (If he decides to act)
    Wu Dang 6th senior - Vincent Ng
    Wu dang 7th senior - Qi Yiwu
    Xiao Chao's mum - Pan Lingling
    Xie Xun - Chen Tianwen
    Bai Mei Ying Wang - The guy who acted as the fat kid's father in 'I Not Stupid'
    Cheng Kun - Xie Shao Guang
    Yang Xiao - Christopher Lee

Default Gunner's idea

Cool, I find some of your suggestions refreshing and great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner
    I find Chor Meng as zwj quite interesting. Chew Chor Meng can act and he's good looking. Perhaps we can put him on hold here. Arh, you too agree that may phua has a chance as zm? I think so too as she has that rebellious look but im unsure how she will look in olden days clothes. Below is one of her rebellious picture:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/phpjm4YBS_s.jpg')

Yeah, it seems like priscelia and jeanette are the 2 faves fighting for the zzr and xiao zhao role as they have the all goody look. Perhaps we can put chew chor meng, jeanette and priscelia on hold first and agree on the others? I can come out with a "on-hold" list. We can put them on hold till better choices can be found. And zm too.....seems like vivian is facing some some competition here.

Yin Susu - Ivy Lee
    Ji Xiao Fu - florence tan
    Er Mei Mei Jue - Lin Mei Jiao (think she'll be great for this too)
    Zhang San Feng - Chen Shu Cheng
    Cheng Kun - Xie Shao Guang
    Yup, my thoughts exactly.

Others:
    Song Qing Shu - Alan Tern
    Wu Dang Song Cui Shan - Huang Wenyong
    Zhang Cuishan - Thomas Ong??? (If he decides to act)
    Wu Dang 6th senior - Vincent Ng
    Wu dang 7th senior - Qi Yiwu
    Xiao Chao's mum - Pan Lingling
    Xie Xun - Chen Tianwen
    Bai Mei Ying Wang - The guy who acted as the fat kid's father in 'I Not Stupid'
    Yang Xiao - Christopher Lee
    I like your below suggestions as they're refreashing and I feel that some of them are suitable for the role.

Alan as Song Qing Shu => nice one Im ok with it, but might need to dub his voice erm unsure how he will look in wuxia clothes though.
    Wu Dang Song Cui Shan - Huang Wenyong => Great idea
    Zhang Cuishan - Thomas Ong => Yeah, Thomas would be great
    Xie Xun - Chen Tianwen => yes, with some golden mane he will look ferocious
    Yang Xiao - Christopher Lee => A refreshing idea, what do you all think?

Need some help in locating the below actor name or picture.
    "Bai Mei Ying Wang - The guy who acted as the fat kid's father in 'I Not Stupid'"
    I didnt watch the movie "I Not Stupid" before =x
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

Default thank u, avian and gunner

avian, i will comment on yr happy ending later. off-hand, i really cannot stand qingshu to end up with zzr and zm to end up with 7th prince.

gunner, thks for the refreshing list, esp the four girls + zwj:

whereas, our tentative list, we have only:
    (1) xiao chao - pris chan
    (2) zm - vivian lai.

as we were stuck with zzr's role yesday, i gave some thoughts. i think the character of zzr will stand up most at the wedding ceremony. (even we want her to wear an opaque red veil, facial expressions of her should be quite intriguing. having a veil which we can see some parts of her face, esp her eyes, should be excellent.)
    (1) she must look sweet and innocent before the start of vows
    (2) she must look worried when zm comes (for this, we can make her move close to zwj but behind him for some effect).
    (3) she must look relieved when zwj initially refuses to leave with zm (for this, we can make zwj takes a glance at her and holds her both hands for more effect. it also shows that zwj has sincerity in marrying zzr)
    (4) she must look disappointed and sad when zwj asks for postponement of wedding
    (5) she must look when zwj moves away from her to follow zm.

i then narrowed to three choices: jeanette, fiona xie and lin xiangping. weighing each other, i think that fiona is my best choice.
    then i begin to have a dilemma, if fiona is to play zzr, i also feel that she can play zm better than vivian lai. my reasoning is very simple - i will prefer to hug fiona than vivian. to me, zm is those who must be very adorable sort.
    in that case, i need to choose my zrr again. i thought of jeanette and xiangping but somehow in doubt. then i thought of pris chan but then think who will be able to play xiao zhao. so i thought about jeanette to play xiao chao. but then i still have zhu-er which again I thought that jeanette is suitable.

this morning, really thks to gunny for mentioning michelle for zhu-er, which i think would be most suitable. i then work backwards and realise that jeanette can play xiao chao and then pris chan as zzr (poor pris chan again if storyline remains the same. hehe) and fiona as zm. hence, my choice becomes:
    (1) zm - fiona xie (sorry, vivian)
    (2) zzr - pris chan (dun be sad, avian and i will change the storyline for you. hehe)
    (3) xiao zhao - jeanette
    (4) zhu-er - michelle low.

now for that hopeless zwj which i thought that that guy (sorry i can't remember his name) who loses his index finger in the current channel 8 7pm could be suitable. at least he is young, looks ok, kind-hearted (personal-wise, it was reported that he visited a nursing home to spend his brithday. personal-wise will help in acting too i think), and more importantly not so popular. so that viewers will not curse too much about his indecisiveness+empty promises.

as for zhang cuishan, i thought chris lee may be suitable since he has the hero hero act.

as for yang xiao, perhaps tay peng hui, since yang xiao is supposed to be tall and have some looks.

i promise i will think about the other roles later.

and sorry for writing such a long msg again.

to be brief, no for (1), (3) and (5).
    (2) seems to be the logical step. i have been trying hard for both to co-exist. the hopeless zwj has no say.
    (4) will be good, should not be a problem. the plot can be something like during the rescue mission, xiao zhao will only leave if zing hua por por leave. zing hua por por will definitely leave for the happiness of his daughter. moreover, remember now we have zzr with good kung-fu (but shit, she is pregnant. anyway, only two mths, so should not be a problem). the persia ming sect killed zing hua por por in her protection of xiao zhao. the king then realized how good zing hua is (anyway, she is supposed to die in the first place for elopement) and decided not to pursue the issue further.

Quote Originally Posted by HynAvian
    (1) zzr with song qing shu. If chosen, sqs must not be portrayed as a super baddy character or viewers will feel that sqs does not deserve zzr. Maybe some romantic and touching scenes between them will help?

(2) zzr and zm ending up with zwj. Yup no xiao zhao here, lets just keep her in persia to save the female trouble. A plot where zzr and zm can co-exist have to be hinted throughout the plot if that is to take place. There must be acceptance between both girls and zwj must be willing to take them oth. Perhaps, both as the 1st wife? <=== to save the squibble on wife ranking.

(3) zwj ending up with xiao zhao. After all the fighting and female squibble, he realises that the one he loves most is xiao zhao and decides to go to persia to look for her or perhaps to be her bodyguard for life as xiao zhao cant married him. For this to take place, one must think what to do to zm and zzr.

(4) zwj ending up with xiao zhao, zm and zzr. Once again have to think of a way to let them co-exist and how to get xiao zhao back from persia. Do take note that xiao zhao became the chief in excahneg for her mum's safety. Will she be willing to risk it and to leave with zwj?

(5) Perhaps one of the ending can be where zm ends up with the son of the 7th prince. So the prince must not die in the series if this is chosen. Here, zm and the prince can return to tehir tribe and continue to rule china. zwj can end up with someone else. Maybe zzr? At the final scene, he can confess his love for zzr and beg her to return to the goody path.

Hi guys, I'm glad you liked my suggestions.

I picked Chew Chor Meng for ZWJ because he's still got the typical goody-two-shoes look even at this age but he's also a little darker which would suit ZWJ since he had a rough childhood. Thomas Ong looks gentlemanly and has a very fair complexion which would suit ZCS.

I think Priscelia Chan would make a good ZZR. She can look very demure but she also is capable of that 'evil look'. As for ZM, Fiona would be interesting but she does seem to look too cute for the role. May Phua and Lin Xiangping would be good coz they have that mischievious look that isn't too mischievious.. haha, hope you got wat i mean. But then come to think of it, anyone thinks Cynthia Koh might be up for the ZM role too? She's abit older but is a great actress and could definitely pull off ZM's cunningness.

As for Yang Xiao, he's supposed to be a very handsome guy who is also abit 'evil' and I think Christopher Lee suits that position. He's more of a pretty boy but has that 'devilish' handsomeness to him. After all, he did play Yang Guo, another handsome character who is eccentric.

I also came up with Alan Tern as Song Qingshu coz he looks young and 'soft'. SQS has to have that scholarly look which I tot the guy who played him in HSDS03 was waaaay off.

btw, i think the guy who played the boy's father in 'I Not Stupid' is Liu Qianlian. Haha, srry for my long post too.

Default thanks gunner again

yes, i did thought of cynthia koh as zm. if ccm as suggested by you plays zwj, then cynthia could be a good choice. but the other three girls seem to be not very suitable because they will look much younger than these two.
    ccm may be more suitable to play zhang cuishan though.

since fiona was my first choice for zzr initially, do you think she can switch role with pris chan? that is, pris chan as zm and fiona as zzr. pris chan who acts as the "flower" in one serial is very adorable too. hehe.

still got that hopeless zwj to think of now. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    this morning, really thks to gunny for mentioning michelle for zhu-er, which i think would be most suitable. i then work backwards and realise that jeanette can play xiao chao and then pris chan as zzr (poor pris chan again if storyline remains the same. hehe) and fiona as zm. hence, my choice becomes:
    (1) zm - fiona xie (sorry, vivian)
    (2) zzr - pris chan (dun be sad, avian and i will change the storyline for you. hehe)
    (3) xiao zhao - jeanette
    (4) zhu-er - michelle low.
    Yeah, I agree priscelia as zzr as she really has that demure look(little nun in The legendary swordsman) and she can look real evil is she wants to. A really demure girl turning evil ====> can earn the pity of viewers For Fiona to be zm, i dont think she is suitable for that role. She's too cute to look too cunning. I still prefer either vivian or may phua.

since fiona was my first choice for zzr initially, do you think she can switch role with pris chan? that is, pris chan as zm and fiona as zzr. pris chan who acts as the "flower" in one serial is very adorable too. hehe.
    Hmm priscelia has little chance as zm. She's better as zzr or xiao zhao as she has that "Im easily victimised" look instead of the "royalty air" that is needed to portray zm.

But then come to think of it, anyone thinks Cynthia Koh might be up for the ZM role too? She's abit older but is a great actress and could definitely pull off ZM's cunningness.
    I think cynthia is not suitable as zm as I feel that those actress need to look kinda very pretty to be in HSDS? Yes cynthia is pretty but her beauty is not apporpriate in those "wu xia" show.

Perhaps we can find a suitable zwj as long as the girls are fixed? Its easier to slot a guy in when all the female cast are there. We can then post their pictures and see whether they match

Below are my choices again:
    (1) zm - vivian or may phua
    (2) zzr - pris chan or yvonne lim
    (3) xiao zhao - jeanette
    (4) zhu-er - michelle low

We put the other supporting characters on hold first till we match the main few. Its easier for discusion this way. ARh sorry for the long post again
    Last edited by HynAvian; 10-01-04 at 01:06 AM.
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

ZWJ - chew chor meng or huang shiyu 9 they got a cute face)
    Zm - prisclia chan
    ZZr yvonne lim xiang ping
    xiaozhao-florence again

Default i agree with avian, let's fix the four girls first

but i will not want to be zwj if vivian or may got the role of zm. i do not want to hug them. i am willing to sacrifice myself for pris chan, jeanette, fiona, yvonne. hehe.

Default hi holidaymood

interesting esp having pris chan as zm. other than the adorable factor, may i know yr reasons? hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaymood
    ZWJ - chew chor meng or huang shiyu 9 they got a cute face)
    Zm - prisclia chan
    ZZr yvonne lim xiang ping
    xiaozhao-florence again

Default collation of the 4 girls

1. holidaymoon
    (a) zm: prisclia chan
    (b) zzr: yvonne lim xiang ping
    (c) xiaozhao: florence

2. avian
    (a) zm: vivian or may phua
    (b) zzr: pris chan or yvonne lim
    (c) xiao zhao: jeanette
    (d) zhu-er: michelle low

3. wkeej (that's me.
    (a) zm: fiona xie
    (b) zzr: pris chan
    (c) xiao zhao: jeanette
    (d) zhu-er: michelle low

4. gunner
    (a) zm: May Phua/Yvonne Lim/Sun Li/cynthia koh
    (b) zrr: pris chan
    (c) xiao chao: Jeanette Aw
    (d) Zhu-er: Michelle Liow

5. wuchang
    (a) zm: Ezann Lee (Ericia Lee's sister)
    (b) zzr: Jeanette Aw
    (c) xiao chao - Michelle Saram

did i miss out anyone? in summary, in terms of more than 1 vote, we have:
    (a) zm: may (2 votes). ee, i protest . hehe
    (b) zzr: pris chan (3 votes) yvonne (2 votes)
    (c) xiao chao: jeanette (3 votes)
    (d) chu-er: michelle low (3 votes)

hope more can come and participate, calling spirit, qiaofeng, snow, zhuge liang, arisa, guo xiang, guangrong, wuming, etc etc. hehe.
    Last edited by wkeej; 10-01-04 at 03:42 AM.

[QUOTE=wkeej]who will u be used for the following:
    (1) zwj
    (2) zm
    (3) zrr
    (4) xiao chao.

mine are:
    (1) vincent tan
    (2) vivian lai
    (3) jeanette law
    (4) lin xiangping

Hi

Just adding my own opinion (both Mediacorp and Channel U)

zwj - Chew Chor meng (he looked boyish)
    zm - Jeanette? Or Jacelyn or Fann
    zzr - Jacelyn (if she is not chosen for zm)
    xiao zhao - can put back Florence (as she act before, so can be better)
    ji bu hui - priscilla or Kym Ng (nvr see her in sad sad role)
    Zhang cui shan - Edmund Chen
    Yin su su - Ivy lee or Lina or Chen Hui Hui
    Zzr's teacher - Pan ling ling or Constance Song (cool cool look)

Ji xiao fu - lin xiangping

Yin su su's father - Huang Shinan
    Yin susu's brother - Mark Lee or Adam Chen
    Zhu er - Pat mok?

Yang Xiao - Christopher lee

Any more major role? That's all i think.

My suggestions:

Zhang Wuji - Chew Chor Meng
    Zhao Min - Vivian Lai or Sun Li
    Zhou Zhiruo - Jeanette Aw
    Xiaozhao - Florence Tan or Yvonne Lim
    Zhu'er - Priscelia Chan or Yvonne Lim
    Yang Xiao - Christopher Lee (but he's gotta age later to look like the father of a teenaged daughter)
    Ji Xiaofu - Fann Wong
    Yang Buhui - Le Yao
    Zhang Cuishan - Thomas Ong (well, since there's no one else)
    Yin Susu - Phyllis Quek (no probs with her reprising the role) or Constance Song
    Priestess Miejue - Lin Meijiao
    Last edited by junny; 10-01-04 at 07:50 AM.
    玉木宏

blog

Default wkeej lets split the job

wkeej, let's split the job. I'll take note of the other suggested actors/actresses that is nominated by u all for the other supporting roles and will come out with a full list like the ones that wkeej just did.

So lets start voting for the vaious actress for the roles zm, zzr, xiao zhao and zhu er. If u all have any actors/actresses who u all feel will be great as supporting roles, post them below or u all can private message me. I will come out with a list. wkeej, u dont mind right? I will send u the updated list daily
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

wkeej, let's split the job. I'll take note of the other suggested actors/actresses that is nominated by u all for the other supporting roles and will come out with a full list like the ones that wkeej just did.

So lets start voting for the vaious actress for the roles zm, zzr, xiao zhao and zhu er. If u all have any actors/actresses who u all feel will be great as supporting roles, post them below or u all can private message me. I will come out with a list. wkeej, u dont mind right? I will send u the updated list daily
    so do we have to nominate one person for the each role or a few? If it's a few, then my nominations remain the same except to switch Qi Yiwu and Vincent Ng's nominations for the roles of Wudang 6th and 7th brothers. If I need to make one single choice, especially for the ZM role, let me know and I'll pick one.

Must say it's pretty hard to make a ZM choice since she has so many criteria. Has to be pretty, yet cunning looking, yet with the royal air and able to act mischievious. May Phua has the look, but I'm not too sure of her acting. Lin Xiangping comes close, but like May Phua lacks the 'presence' to take up a lead role. Cynthia Koh has the acting skills and experience, but like HynAvian said, perhaps does not have the 'Wuxia' type of beauty. (she'd make a great pairing with Chew Chor Meng though if he was ZWJ). Sun Li IMO is the best option, having also played a wilful and stubborn princess in Book and Sword but isn't really part of TCS or Channel U. Haha, tough dilemnna but I'm still happy with either of above choices.

Default Thanks Gunner :)

Its ok to list down the various artists that u feel are suitable for the roles. I will take them all down and post later. Will let u all see the list soon.

We're now trying to fix the artists for the roles zm, zzr, xiao zhao and zhu er so that it will be easier for us to put them together and slot in the male artist for zwj later. So everyone, start posting and voting for who you like best to take up the 4 lady roles.
    Last edited by HynAvian; 10-01-04 at 12:37 PM.
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

Default hi avian

yes, of course, i dun mind. hehe.

Default update for the 4 girls

with input from bloomers and junny, the list is as follows:
    (a) zm: may/vivian/sun li (2 votes each). "very tough"
    (b) zzr: pris chan (3 votes) yvonne (2 votes) jeanette (2 votes) - "suddenly, pris chan has competition"
    (c) xiao chao: jeanette (3 votes) florence (3 votes) - "experience counts"
    (d) chu-er: michelle low (3 votes) - "strong as ever. dun worry, if michelle is not free, we can ask pat mok."

please feel free to disagree. please provide your reasoning.

i like the analysis by gunner for zm. "Must say it's pretty hard to make a ZM choice since she has so many criteria. Has to be pretty, yet cunning looking, yet with the royal air and able to act mischievious. May Phua has the look, but I'm not too sure of her acting. Lin Xiangping comes close, but like May Phua lacks the 'presence' to take up a lead role. Cynthia Koh has the acting skills and experience, but like HynAvian said, perhaps does not have the 'Wuxia' type of beauty. (she'd make a great pairing with Chew Chor Meng though if he was ZWJ). Sun Li IMO is the best option, having also played a wilful and stubborn princess in Book and Sword but isn't really part of TCS or Channel U. Haha, tough dilemnna but I'm still happy with either of above choices".

(of all, i think avian is the most suitable for zm. i will take the lead role of bat king. but i must be seen in more scenes and more lines. i must be given a lot of chances to disturb zm and zzr. hehe hehe hehe)

how's about erica for zm? pretty - yes, tomboyish = yes, royal air? at least she looks sophisticated. act mischievous = hmm, not sure leh.

(of all, i think avian is the most suitable for zm. i will take the lead role of bat king. but i must be seen in more scenes and more lines. i must be given a lot of chances to disturb zm and zzr. hehe hehe hehe)
    Wow,me being zm? wahahaha, perhaps i can then order my subordinates to capture zwj and to kill him off immediately as he is frivalous fellow. *evil grin*
    Hmmm....wkeej, u as bat king? It will be cool. Can have some company. Change the script to bat king working hand in hand with the mongolians to kill of zwj. Now that would be interesting. We can add the others like Gunner and junny in. We can then tag team and kill of that flirtatious zwj
    Last edited by HynAvian; 10-02-04 at 06:42 AM.
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

Default see i am so smart

i oredi know that singapore zwj will die fat fat.
    btw, anyone want to support/disapprove my fiona xie or erica as zm? hehe.

Wow,me being zm? wahahaha, perhaps i can then order my subordinates to capture zwj and to kill him off immediately as he is frivalous fellow. *evil grin*
    but i will not want to be zwj if vivian or may or sun li got the role of zm. i do not want to hug them. i am willing to sacrifice myself for pris chan, jeanette, fiona, yvonne. hehe.