Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: if singapore is to film hsds

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    btw, guangrong, is "crap" deliberate? hehe.
    if you've seen all my previous posts in the this forum, you'll know ..

dun get me wrong , it actually has less to do with the quality of the show they put out ,but more to do with my disapproval of the the way they run the business

or they would be MediocreCorp (mediocre) instead..

I still give credit if they put out a good show..

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    very often i notice that there are many guests viewing this thread. hope that they are from mediacorp. hehe.
    not everyone like cookies you know..

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    Haha, she will sure fit the odd look.. but if I remembered correctly, in Jin yong's description of Xiao Zhao.. her skin is extremely fair.. Michelle Saram is far from fair.

i think michelle saram doesnt suit to play xiao zhao! xz is supposed to b the most beautiful amg e 4 gers n has very striking n unique features...she's supposed to b really really fair, sharp nose n bone struture and eyes that r big, well shaped n brown or blue....

i have no doubts on sun li's ablity to portray zm bt i still think vivia should b zzr..she's more suited for e role thn pris

Default to guang rong jie jie

thank u for yr explanation of "crab".

as for cookies, i think loving cookies is no problem but we must alwasy remember to swipe off our mouths after eating.

Default long time never see zm, i mean avian

possibly exam time.

latest post from arisa - favorite zzr moment: she was in tears when zm gatecrashed the wedding. priceless!

one of my earliest post:
    i think the character of zzr will stand up most at the wedding ceremony. (even we want her to wear an opaque red veil, facial expressions of her should be quite intriguing. having a veil which we can see some parts of her face, esp her eyes, should be excellent.)
    (1) she must look sweet and innocent before the start of vows
    (2) she must look worried when zm comes (for this, we can make her move close to zwj but behind him for some effect).
    (3) she must look relieved when zwj initially refuses to leave with zm (for this, we can make zwj takes a glance at her and holds her both hands for more effect. it also shows that zwj has sincerity in marrying zzr)
    (4) she must look disappointed and sad when zwj asks for postponement of wedding
    (5) she must look when zwj moves away from her to follow zm.

how can i missed the crying? was it at my (5)?

who can play this role then? i saw vivian from sunnysnow's reply again. hehe.

Default cost of filming hsds

had a brief discussion with long. thks once again, long
    long estimated that a good hsds will cost US$40 mil. OMG.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=9602

arh...i dont think mediacorp has that much funds. =x
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

hi avian. welcome back. yes, i think so too. sob sob sob.
    Quote Originally Posted by HynAvian
    arh...i dont think mediacorp has that much funds. =x

currently working on episode 42 - saving xiao zhao in persia. need some perservance and motivation. hehe.

so sad. this thread is in no man land now. must find a way to revive it. any ideas? hehe.

Hi,

I notice this thread sometime back..but did not have much time to ponder over the selection until now.

This is pretty difficult casting. I made some preselection before I look thru the thread.

ZZR -Jeannette Aw
    ZM - Joanne Peh
    Xiao Zhao - Fiona Xie
    Yin Li - Felicia Chin

now I was more sure of the casting for ZZR and ZM. Fiona and Felicia came in because I was looking at the youngest fresh crop of artists. but, after going thru the thread, I find some of your choices pretty good..like

ZZR - vivan Lai..

I was totally stuck when I thot of who to cast for ZWJ. Its sad but there is a deficit of young boyish looking male artist that looks good in ancient drama in mediacorp. Zhou Chu Ming is the best choice for such roles since he appeared and even after so many years. While I agree that he still looks youthful but I felt Huang Shiyu was not bad. Alternatively, an overseas actor could be cast. maybe Wallace Huo? I am not sure just a thot. he has that innocent at times but not all the time..and I am not sure if he will look weird in ancient costumes since he has a modern face. The thing is ZWJ should have that innocnet look...Liang Chao Wei was pretty close so far. Perhaps, u guys can add on some overseas choices for the males.

I could not think of 1 channel u artist that should be cast amongst the leads. maybe..Ericia Lee can be considered for Xiao Zhao but she seriously cannot act. I thot of her because she has a mixed blood look..a litttle like Fiona (a bit wsternized look in that sense). Fiona, I alos thot of her because she's petite...as I think servant girls should be.

Male for ZWJ from overseas...I do not know..anyone else up to suggest?

Hi,

I notice this thread sometime back..but did not have much time to ponder over the selection until now.

This is pretty difficult casting. I made some preselection before I look thru the thread.

ZZR -Jeannette Aw
    ZM - Joanne Peh
    Xiao Zhao - Fiona Xie
    Yin Li - Felicia Chin

now I was more sure of the casting for ZZR and ZM. Fiona and Felicia came in because I was looking at the youngest fresh crop of artists. but, after going thru the thread, I find some of your choices pretty good..like

ZZR - vivan Lai..

ZM - May Puah

I was totally stuck when I thot of who to cast for ZWJ. Its sad but there is a deficit of young boyish looking male artists that looks good in ancient drama in mediacorp. Zhou Chu Ming is the best choice for such roles since he appeared and even after so many years. While I agree that he still looks youthful but I felt Huang Shiyu was not bad. Alternatively, an overseas actor could be cast. maybe Wallace Huo? I am not sure just a thot. he has that innocent at times but not all the time..and I am not sure if he will look weird in ancient costumes since he has a modern face. The thing is ZWJ should have that innocnet look...Liang Chao Wei was pretty close so far. Perhaps, u guys can add on some overseas choices for the males.

I could not think of 1 channel u artist that should be cast amongst the leads. maybe..Ericia Lee can be considered for Xiao Zhao but she seriously cannot act. I thot of her because she has a mixed blood look..a litttle like Fiona (a bit wsternized look in that sense). Fiona, I alos thot of her because she's petite...as I think servant girls should be.

Actually, I think there is a deficit of local young actresses suitable for the leads as well....

did not realize that u guys were trying to revive this thread until I read the last post.

among the older actresses, Ann Kok might make a pretty good ZZR or ZM

Ann quite good for Xiao Zhao too..sorry.. suddenly thot of that...had to add on

dear strawberry, thks for keeping this thread alive.
    yes, you are right, spore has more than enough young girls to play the four gals.
    but it is lacking in zwj. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Hi,

ZZR -Jeannette Aw
    ZM - Joanne Peh
    Xiao Zhao - Fiona Xie
    Yin Li - Felicia Chin

ZZR - vivan Lai..

ZM - May Puah

I was totally stuck when I thot of who to cast for ZWJ. Its sad but there is a deficit of young boyish looking male artists that looks good in ancient drama in mediacorp. Zhou Chu Ming is the best choice for such roles since he appeared and even after so many years. While I agree that he still looks youthful but I felt Huang Shiyu was not bad. Alternatively, an overseas actor could be cast. maybe Wallace Huo? I am not sure just a thot. he has that innocent at times but not all the time..and I am not sure if he will look weird in ancient costumes since he has a modern face. The thing is ZWJ should have that innocnet look...Liang Chao Wei was pretty close so far. Perhaps, u guys can add on some overseas choices for the males.

Yeah, it is a pity that there isn't any new actors for TCS with that boyish good look and among all the TCS stars available, CCM is still the perfect fit for me. Among overseas stars, that guy who plays the main star in Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan (Hu Ge I think) looks like he could pull it off.

As for Ericia Lee as XZ, not only can't she act, I dun think she looks pretty enough to play the role either. Now that Mediacorp and Mediaworks has merged, mebbe we could consider Evelyn Tan or even Ericia Lee's sister? Joanne Peh seems like another good choice for ZM but for me it's still Priscelia Chan for ZZR.

its such a coincidence that today's Straits times featured the new crop of young rising local actors/actresses.....seems like my choices follow this list quite closely.

I like Qi Yu Wu but he cannot be cast as ZWJ...does not have that look/feel...guo jing maybe......

oh..no plb about reviving this thread..

maybe tcs should seriously consider making this production...the timing seems apt with all this focus on these young stars..but it will really test their acting skills.. it is difficult to portray characters in ancient serials.

while worth a try, the young actresses may have difficulty in ancient series. moreover, according to another forumer - long, filming a good hsds will cost at least US$40 mil = S$70 mil. where on earth mediacorp is going to find this amt of $$?

On second thot, I really think our young artists would not be able to handle a lavish ancient production...or it could be the expectations are up so high. Our return of the condor heros was a flop. Casting is really important and acting too, both of which we are so inadequate. and since it costs so much more to film such serials, I guess tcs might be reluctant to do it. also, I think our girls either look too modern or behave in too modern fashion. actually though we have a pool of young artists, we are lacking in worthy leads.