Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plain Love 1

Banned

that's the whole point of the series : tragic love and traditional chinese values .

it's supposed to show how steadfast a traditional chinese person can be even if the results are detrimental .

I thought the chances of kathy following eddie to US was very slim , so the story was accurate from that point .

But all in all - very sad for the true heroes in my book : eddie and kathy , still they had some 30 years together , that's not too bad , it could have been much worse.

And people say chinese characters are boring ?? they know nuts , most of these " critics " are so called ' chinese ' born and bred in western countries .

they have silly misconceptions about us in the heartlands.

I just bought this series to watch while I wait for my SOTH order to arrive. So far I really like it. Eddie has always been one of my favourite actors, and I love his character in here. What is he doing nowadays? Kathy's acting is somewhat better than in LBIA, she's okay. I also like Gallen in here. He's a man with dignity and wouldn't turn a blind eye whenever something goes wrong in front of his face. He's too stereotypical but I can't blame him for that.

Btw, Gallen looks handsome as ever in here!

I have like 4 more episdoes to go. I think Eddie should just be with with Florence. Maybe i'm biased because I adored them in Ultra Protection (they didn't end up again). They have great chemistry and their personality match.

Performance-wise, nobody is really that great. Eddie's eyes are so expressionless. Well, this series is old, and Eddie is an awesome actor now. Is he still acting?

Kathy Chow, I just can't seem to pity her somehow. Her expressions when she cries just don't do it for me. I just think the one scene where she did very well was when Gallen's mother told her to accept her fate after she married Gallen. She doesn't strike me as a gorgeous chick that everyone finds pretty either.

Btw, isn't there an ATV series similar to this?

Banned

Well , you probably know by now Ed did not end up with Flo .

She left broken hearted.

I thought Kathy Chow was fantastic ! She stole the show . To me she got everything : loooks, talent , voice .

I don't know what Eddie is up to now.

Oh how great, my dad lent Plain Love to his friend and I can't finish the ending. LOL though I aready seen bits and pieces of it. The ending was laughable. With Gallen's son (Gallen) walking out of the car ruined everything.

The ATV series I was talking about was called "The Good Old Days." Dad just bought it, however I'm no too sure if i'll want to watch it. My first impression on it is not too good and it's not very appealing from the first episode. Probably watch it someday.

Banned

yeah , the ending sucked .

it was so dumb that gallen finally rememberd after being lost for 30+ years and his " son " suddenly arrived .

but apart from that it was brilliant .

currently rewatching this series, really good
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Ah, maybe I should consider rewatching this series too.

click to show/hide spoilers
    I was pretty upset with Shue Kan (Gallen) for indirectly causing the death of their 2nd son.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Ah, maybe I should consider rewatching this series too.

I was pretty upset with Shue Kan (Gallen) for indirectly causing the death of their 2nd son.
    i agree but

i hate eddie's big brother so much, i cant stand him
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!