Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Murong Fu Vs. Dong Fang Bu Bai

What are you guys talking about? I still think thatXiao Feng will beat up GLFW it's just that the strength of GLFW was cosiderably close to XF, which is why I rate him higher than First Evil. But XF also has the world's yangest XL18Z and talents that I believe makes him surpass him.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Quote Originally Posted by CyberMonk
    My knowledge of Jin Yong works come from the adaptations. In the 2003 adaptation, during the part of Chinese chess game. Ding Chuen Chiu fought against the first evil and it seemed like he was could beat the first evil and later on Murong Fu fought against Ding Chuen Chiu and it seemed like they were about equal. So i think First evil is below Murong Fu.
    in the book, Duan Yanqing (Evil #1) went up against Murong Fu and his 4 assistants. The result is that Duan Yanqing could have easily killed one of the assistants, while Murong Fu and the other assistants could not stop him. Therefore, Duan Yanqing is actually stronger than Murong Fu AND his 4 assistants together.

That's why I think the discrepency between Duan and Xiao Feng is not *that* big
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I think DYQ was a bit underrated too. He was clearly above MRF.

Ok I agree that DYQ is underrated, but saying he is about 2 MRF seems a little bit doesn't make sense to me. If it was true, where should we put MRF in DGSD chart. put him under Duan Yu's father ??? .
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

I think MRF was better than the old playboy

Quote Originally Posted by ToOn99
    Ok I agree that DYQ is underrated, but saying he is about 2 MRF seems a little bit doesn't make sense to me. If it was true, where should we put MRF in DGSD chart. put him under Duan Yu's father ??? .
    Duan Yanqing > MRF + 4 assistants.
    MRF >= 4 assistants --> I can't say this with certainly but it is likely.
    therefore, Duan = MRF * 2

Yanqing is a lot better than Zhengchun also. Murong > Zhengchun.

we can't assess MRF's level from that fight. ( MRF +4 assistant vs DYQ). Here's the example : say XF + 5 medium class beggars vs JMZ. If JMZ manage to kill 2-3 medium class beggars, doesn't mean XF < JMZ. The reason may be because it isn't that easy to take care 5 people at once. .

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    That is not enough to conclude they are roughly equal. Fawang suffers greatly from inferior technique, so he would not prevail against Guo Jing or Yang Guo. while Xiao Feng can defeat people who are better.

And let's not even bring up the word-scraping/wiping debate... (although it's fun to read it from time to time)

Thats comparing punches. I stubbornly believe that XF's palm like his Kang Long You Hui would pack much more then his punch. I think that goes for DP users like GJ and H7G as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ToOn99
    we can't assess MRF's level from that fight. ( MRF +4 assistant vs DYQ).
    here is the quote from the book to help you interpret:

段延庆受五人围攻,慕容复更是一流高手,但他杖影飘飘,出招仍是凌厉之极。 只见风波恶卧在地下,段延庆右手钢杖在他身后一尺处划来划去,却不击他要害。慕容复、邓百川等兵刃递向段延 庆,均被他钢杖拨开。这情势甚是明显,段延庆如要取风波恶性命,自是易如反掌,只是暂且手下留 情而已。

慕容复道:“段先生,多谢你手下留情。你我本来并无仇怨,自今以后,姑苏慕容氏对你甘拜下风。

"Duan Yanqing faces five opponents, Murong Fu is especially first-class fighter, but Duan's moves flow smoothly, each stance shows great power... Feng Bo E lies on the floor, the metal crutch in Duan's right hand striking one inch from Feng's body in every direction without harming him. Murong Fu, Deng Baichuan etc pound Duan with their weapons, but are all deflected by Duan's crutch. The situation is obvious: if Duan wanted to take Feng's life, it would be child's play, he is showing mercy for the moment."

"Murong Fu says: 'Mister Duan, please have mercy. There is no grudge between you and I. From now on, the Murong family admits inferiority to you.'"

Here's the example : say XF + 5 medium class beggars vs JMZ. If JMZ manage to kill 2-3 medium class beggars, doesn't mean XF < JMZ. The reason may be because it isn't that easy to take care 5 people at once. .
    Not possible for JMZ to kill the beggar clan seniors while fighting Xiao Feng. See Guo Jing vs Golden Wheel Monk + 3 warriors. The warriors were much weaker than GWM but none were harmed by Guo Jing despite his superiority.

Therefore my theory is that when two roughly equal guys fight, additional weaker guys on either side should not be harmed. Since Duan could easily kill Feng Bo E while Murong and 3 other guys couldn't do ANYTHING about it, Murong is obviously much weaker than Duan.
    Last edited by PJ; 10-05-04 at 06:08 PM.

Thx for enlightening me

Murong Fu, Deng Baichuan etc pound Duan with their weapons, but are all deflected by Duan's crutch.
    If I recall somewhere didn't someone make a typo error and ended up with this instead?

Murong Fu, Deng Baichuan etc pound Duan with their weapons, but are all deflected by Duan's crotch.

No offense to whoever made that mistake before.

tat's some powerful crotch man
    TaZzY InC

i personally think that Murong Fu has better all round skills and knowledge than DFBB. The reason why DFBB, Yue Buqun, and Lin Pingzhi appear to be better than opponents and able to win duels is because they castrated themselves and learn the Kui Hua Bao Dian and Bi Xie Swordplay respectively, and they are able to move faster than normal people and also anticipate moves of their opponents faster. Thats why Bi xie jian fa is still no match for LHC's Du gu 9 sword because it works on the same theory of anticipation of the opponent's next move, but DG9S is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Jing
    i personally think that Murong Fu has better all round skills and knowledge than DFBB. The reason why DFBB, Yue Buqun, and Lin Pingzhi appear to be better than opponents and able to win duels is because they castrated themselves and learn the Kui Hua Bao Dian and Bi Xie Swordplay respectively, and they are able to move faster than normal people and also anticipate moves of their opponents faster. Thats why Bi xie jian fa is still no match for LHC's Du gu 9 sword because it works on the same theory of anticipation of the opponent's next move, but DG9S is better.

no crap, one needs to lose ur privates and the other dosen't it's not heart surgery even sha gu would figure that out fi she was a male.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Jing
    DFBB's 'speed' allowed her to to take on 4 of the best fighters at that time. LHC's DG9S allowed him to see 'flaws' in her moves, but the sheer speed of the moves really negated any openings. So in reality, they were not flaws. DG9S better? if LHC mastered it maybe.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

IIRC LWC could not see any flaws in DFBB's needle attacks. He could only stab at points to force DFBB to miss or move backwards. Like Gj said he kind of anticipated the attacks by watching his sleeve?
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

me prefer to keep my *sonny* rather than sacrifice it for speed
    TaZzY InC