Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Could wuxia experts block/avoid bullets?

Quote Originally Posted by danshu_
    LOL. best I can do with palm wind is make my shower curtain move or perhaps extinguish a candle

but seriously, "shatter stone walls" with palm wind is quite a bit MORE powerful than a bullet
    Only because its damage zone is spread over a wider area.

To shatter a stone wall, you need to damage most of the structure, not just one point.

A bullet from a powerful gun will go straight through a stone wall, but it only damages the one point where it hits (and maybe the immediate area, with the affected zone determined by the caliber of the gun). The palm blast, however, damages many different points on the wall...enough to affect the overall structure rather than just one single point.

In terms of force per square unit, the bullet is still more powerful than the palm blast.

In terms of area affected, however, the palm blast is effective over a much larger area.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Only because its damage zone is spread over a wider area.

To shatter a stone wall, you need to damage most of the structure, not just one point.

A bullet from a powerful gun will go straight through a stone wall, but it only damages the one point where it hits (and maybe the immediate area, with the affected zone determined by the caliber of the gun). The palm blast, however, damages many different points on the wall...enough to affect the overall structure rather than just one single point.

In terms of force per square unit, the bullet is still more powerful than the palm blast.

In terms of area affected, however, the palm blast is effective over a much larger area.
    Now I understand .

more like sword chi against palm blast.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ech33
    more like sword chi against palm blast.
    well yeah...a sword chi is as powerful as a bullet...

but sword chi can only concentrate on one part of the target itself unlike palm blast as explained earlier on.

but since the thread is about palm blast against bullets, of course there`l be certain aspects to be noted.

1) is the point of execution of both method as for gun, u just point and pull the trigger but for palm blast u have to "reload" the chi and only then execute outwards.
    2) if it's the same time of execution, the question is the velocity and the strength of both part. if the palm blast is not that strong in terms of range and effect, then it`ll be totally useless against the bullet but if it the other way around it`ll be a different story.

Default can wuxia fighters dodge bullet?

well, i guess we all know that Neo from the Matrix was fast enough to dodge bullets. But can any of the wuxia fighters do the same? I suppose they can with their lightness kung fu. Right?

I'm not really an expert in guns, but my guess would be that it depends on what kind of gun.

I might believe that they could if it were those really old kinds of guns used by westerners during those times.

No.

Even a regular 9mm pistol fires rounds that are faster than the speed of sound and assault rifles are even faster. Essentially, the wuxia fighter would never hear the projectile or feel the air move in front of the bullet or whatever you want to call it until the bullet already reached its target. The only thing he could react to is the flash, but at any reasonable shooting range the bullet is still way too fast.

They won't be able to dodge a bullet, but some characters are fast enough that while in motion, aiming at them is impossible.

i always get the impression that wuxia top fighters are as fast as superman! JY description of XLN lightness kung fu made me feel like she can even dodge a machine gun!

well, i guess Neo cud kick all their butt then!