Page 10 of 216 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Huo (霍建華)

He has a good voice. It's a loss that he has stopped singing...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.my.com.my/cgi-bin/myfm/wallpaper/wallace_wp01_800.jpg')

Have you watched Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei? I think that's his best ever role. That and Detective Tang Lang. I didn't really care for CP3.

I much prefer his roles in Mainland Series. I don't really like his Taiwanese series, e.g. Dolphin Bay, Sound of Colors (UGH!).

Yes, I did. I like his role in "Strange Hero" as well. He is more mature and has a stronger character.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Have you watched Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei? I think that's his best ever role. That and Detective Tang Lang. I didn't really care for CP3.

I much prefer his roles in Mainland Series. I don't really like his Taiwanese series, e.g. Dolphin Bay, Sound of Colors (UGH!).
    Really Xiaolong? I thought he was cute in a naive sort of way. I didn't really care for the whole series, but I liked Wallace's character

That and Detective Tang Lang.
    Yes, yes, yes!

I've already expressed my dislike for Sound of Colours before. LOL Dolphin Bay was so awkward, I could practically feel second hand awkwardness.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    He has a good voice. It's a loss that he has stopped singing...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.my.com.my/cgi-bin/myfm/wallpaper/wallace_wp01_800.jpg')
    never heard him sing before..has he released albums/singles?
    good picture, by the way

I find this picture to be cute and funny!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/Drgirleam/n1054752211_268882_8985.jpg')

But THESE OMG THESE...............Let me say while I do find him SUPER sexy in these pictures. I find the naked model a bit distracting and unnecessary. While I would love to be her in the photos with him. I just don't know about being all naked like that. I know that things like that are considered art to some people. I myself, think Wallace is a piece of art himself, and does not need "props".
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/Drgirleam/n1187811134_399749_4210386.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/Drgirleam/untitled.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/Drgirleam/n1187811134_399732_8219617.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/Drgirleam/n1187811134_399736_6017219.jpg')

^OMG those shots are amazing! *girly squeal*
    Do you know when this was taken?
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

These shots look kinda photoshopped though. Doesn't even look like they posed together during the same shooting.

There is definitely photoshop, seeing that the girl seems to be missing bones, her proportions are inconsistent in the different pictures, and her thighs look really square. It's very possible they didn't pose together, but it's also possible that they airbrushed the girl so much that you can't even tell anymore.
    They've played around with the lighting on both people, so their difference in lighting isn't a reliable way to tell.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Dragon, they were taken back 09' for a Men's Magazine. I did the same squeal when I saw them too! See that's what I thought too. But if you really look at the pictures, her shadows are where they are supposed to be. Then, the one where he has his elbow on her back, his shadow is there also. Then there is this one where she is sitting on top of him. (For some reason, photobucket won't let add the file correctly) I'll try to host it on another website and post it on here for you. I think what Dragon says is right. They just airbrushed her too much. Or maybe I could be wrong, and they could be photoshopped. Either way, Wallace looks AMAZINGLY HOT!
    Last edited by Drgirleam; 03-06-11 at 07:35 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/k0ikqw.jpg')

Wallace Huo has started filming for Gan Dong Sheng Ming (Touching Lives) which marks his first CCTV series.

Baidu profile for Touching Lives:
    http://baike.baidu.com/view/4323297.htm

Here's the news:
    http://showbiz.chinatimes.com/showbi...022600539.html
    The article tracked his recent career development in Mainland where he became highly prominent with CP3 in 2009, then Detective Tang Lang in 2010. Now with Qing Shi Huang Fei and his very first CCTV series, Touching Lives, his career is looking really good in Mainland.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 03-07-11 at 09:55 PM.

His career is better than ever. There are three of his TV series showing in Taiwan at the moment.

Wallace Huo has started filming for Gan Dong Sheng Ming (Touching Lives) which marks his first CCTV series.

Baidu profile for Touching Lives:
    http://baike.baidu.com/view/4323297.htm
    Okay Xiaolong, i'm not from China so I'm not too familiar with the difference between the TV stations. Could you explain to me what the big thing about CCTV is? Oh and if its not too much, could you give me a rough translation of what the Baidu profile says? Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Drgirleam View Post
    Could you explain to me what the big thing about CCTV is? Oh and if its not too much, could you give me a rough translation of what the Baidu profile says? Thank you in advance!
    CCTV is the state broadcasting network in China. It is one of the few, if not the only network to broadcast country-wide. Most stations in China are area based and may only reach certain areas, but CCTV reaches most of the country. To have a drama broad-casted on CCTV is big.
    Last edited by Plushie; 03-08-11 at 01:46 AM.

I must admit I didn't take to Wallace Huo straightaway when our friend, Liu Xiao Xiao, first raved about him bcos the series I saw him in, At Dolphin Bay (don't understand why it's top 5 most highly rated Taiwanese series of all time) and Rouge Snow (another Yu Zheng women drama) didn't appeal to me. But when I saw him in Strange Hero and Detective Tang Lang, it's like WOW!!! And he looked his most handsome in Detective Tang Lang (I think he looks so much better now than when he was a Taiwanese idol in series like Dolphin Bay, Senorita, *let me cough before I gag* Sound of Colors).

What I find most appealing about him is his creative acting skills. You can see he added a lot of his own creative input for his role as LGX in Strange Hero.

For his new CCTV series, he will be acting as Han Zi Hang, a doctor who comes back from medical studies in USA. Han Zi Hang was an orphan, but his studies was sponsored by the head of a wealthy Chinese medicine company, Fu Hong Bo. However, when Han Zi Hang came back from the US, Fu Hong Bo fell ill with Alzheimer's disease. Han Zi Hang took on the duty of taking care of his benefactor. Little does he know that the revealing of a secret will soon change his life.

Will write more details about it when i read up more on "Touching Lives". The thing with CCTV dramas, they don't do much publicity, even though CCTV dramas always have good ratings due to its unique position as the state channel and country-wide coverage.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 03-08-11 at 01:07 PM.

I must admit I didn't take to Wallace Huo straightaway when our friend, Liu Xiao Xiao, first raved about him bcos the series I saw him in, At Dolphin Bay (don't understand why it's top 5 most highly rated Taiwanese series of all time) and Rouge Snow (another Yu Zheng women drama) didn't appeal to me. But when I saw him in Strange Hero and Detective Tang Lang, it's like WOW!!! And he looked his most handsome in Detective Tang Lang (I think he looks so much better now than when he was a Taiwanese idol in series like Dolphin Bay, Senorita, *let me cough before I gag* Sound of Colors).

What I find most appealing about him is his creative acting skills. You can see he added a lot of his own creative input for his role as LGX in Strange Hero.
    Ahahahaha You had me on the floor for a minute there with your let me cough before I gag! But yes, I agree with you. I didn't like him in those Taiwanese series. The long flipped hair and big sunglasses just wasn't doing it for me. He looks so handsome with his short hair now. But I still love his scruffines in GXYZM!

Good for Wallace, his career is really taking off and I'm happy for him! For me, that just means I get to see his face more often! hehehe

He only made one album. Here is one of his songs....''