Thread: Wallace Huo (霍建華)

Fan has a cute picture, but very funny =))

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff494/wallacehuo/629e6fc8gw1dpn7scgvgtj.jpg')

By this time the likelihood is very high, to above 80% is then Wallace will join DMY.

Two wiki and baidu website has also brought certain information about the presence of Wallace. Only a flickering hope that all will not only come true: ((

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Da_Mo_Yao

http://baike.baidu.com/view/747311.htm # sub6614055

Okie, here is a post from Yu Zheng today:

@于正1978 : 令狐冲人选并非隐瞒不说,实在是合约还在往来中,不宜宣布,不过大家不都猜到了吗?其实支持和期待就好了, 我相信他不会让大家失望的!

It's not that I don't want to announce who'll play Ling Hu Chong, but some contracts were still in discussions. I believe you all have guessed who he is, right? In fact just show your support and expectation, I believe he won't disappoint you all!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/659e1001jw1dpo0nyj84nj.jpg')

Someone by the name of Leonor asked: Yu ma!!! K b!!! (K= Karen, a producer of Tang Ren) you two are really driving us nut!!! Who's words should we believe? Wallace, will you be in DMY or Smiling Proud. Decide soon, this will soon become a thousand years mystery.

Here is an answer from Yu: No No No, when I looked for him I didn't know he is committed. After we made contacts the other side is quite understanding and didn't prevent us from cooperation. I'm very very thankful to them!

OMG, I believe in love now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by tobeme; 02-02-12 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Fans, don't kill me, but if you actually do read Da Mo Yao (see http://vip.book.sina.com.cn/book/index_41288.html), you will find Meng Jiu is really a wonderful role for any actor. Even Hu Ge has expressed interest in playing Meng Jiu as he finds it challenging playing a physically crippled man with a beautiful soul - and Jin Yu loved him first. I can actually see Wallace doing this role well.
    On the contrary many actors turned down this role. When Hu Ge wanted to take up the Meng Jiu role, peppers were so mad at Karen that finally Karen had to ask Hu Ge to back out.

Although Meng Jiu is a beautiful person, but he sold his country and yet the story made it as if he was doing it with good faith. Normally for such a role Meng Jiu should be a bad guy but in DMY he wasn't. With such a role, it might kill the actor to accept other roles representing the country in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    Although Meng Jiu is a beautiful person, but he sold his country and yet the story made it as if he was doing it with good faith. Normally for such a role Meng Jiu should be a bad guy but in DMY he wasn't. With such a role, it might kill the actor to accept other roles representing the country in the future.
    Well, did it kill anyone's career to play Yang Kang in LOCH?

E.g. Tony Leung played a traitor in Lust, Caution who sells the country to the Japanese. Yet he's sought after for plenty of roles that represent the country. This is what I'd call versatility. Good actors should be versatile.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 02-02-12 at 06:39 AM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

This depends on how the drama will play it out and also whether how fans and medias react to it. But why take the risk?

E.g. Tony Leung played a traitor in Lust, Caution who sells the country to the Japanese. Yet he's sought after for plenty of roles that represent the country. This is what I'd call versatility. Good actors should be versatile.
    Ah, that movie. I love it!

Yes, you are right. We maybe over react and find all excuses for Wallace not to accept DMY. It's a female drama and the role of Meng Jiu is just a character combining his characters in QSHF and XMSY. Although saying this but who knows he might end up showing up in both dramas....

After the post from Yu Zheng was made it's now all over weibo and Tianya (a popular Chinese forum) that Yu mama and K baba are split up husband and wife and now they trying to get their son.

Others are saying that they are now reunited because of Wallace!

Man, these two companies are really busy at the moment as fans from both sides are bombarding their sites...

Gosh, this is driving me nut!!!!!!! Could at least one company confirm? So far just hints hints hints and on confirmation!

Needs to look at some pics to calm down a bit....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6dbb3865jw1dpn1fezk77j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4a16d80ajw1dpnthutbhij.jpg')

OMG these news just driving me crazy, does that mean Wallace will appear in both dramas? DMY first and then Smiling wanderer? Ok calm down, breath in breath out.... still anxiously crazy...

There are many reasons why I dont want Wallace to be in DMY, one of the reasons is that it is like BubuJX, a gir's oriented drama, I dont know, I still dont want Wallace to take Meng Jiu but... and it is a bad guy's role, it would be his second time taking up a bad guy's role, I will ignore him for sometimes if he ends up taking DMY. Yes Wallace do you hear me...I will ignore you if you take up DMY ok....

I am really glad that Wallace is getting so popular that they are fighting to get him to be in their drama.
    Last edited by Hana6002; 02-02-12 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    OMG these news just driving me crazy, does that mean Wallace will appear in both dramas? DMY first and then Smiling wanderer? Ok calm down, breath in breath out.... still anxiously crazy...

There are many reasons why I dont want Wallace to be in DMY, one of the reasons is that it is like BubuJX, a gir's oriented drama, I dont know, I still dont want Wallace to take Meng Jiu but... and it is a bad guy's role, it would be his second time taking up a bad guy's role, I will ignore him for sometimes if he ends up taking DMY. Yes Wallace do you hear me...I will ignore you if you take up DMY ok....

I am really glad that Wallace is getting so popular that they are fighting to get him to be in their drama.
    The whole thing is driving me crazy as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact, if Meng Jiu is a bad guy Huo Qu Bing is worst!! HQB as a general went against his own country out of love for the female lead and Meng Jiu helped him as an insider to achieve it because also out of love for the female lead!!!!!! Yet they are heros in DMY because they are doing it out of LOVE! DMY is totally twisting the history and history fans just hate it! Huo Qu Bing is supposed a good general in history.
    Last edited by tobeme; 02-02-12 at 10:00 AM.

Wow, so much conflicting news from really reliable sources! DMY cast with Wallace's name in it even came out in the newspapers.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/68f7ab65tw1dpnuyaffnej.jpg')

Then Yu mama's weibo seems to confirm he actually didn't know Wallace was committed already, but has negotiated with the other side, and they are fine about letting him go?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/69859661gw1dpo0glm14lj.jpg')

Anyway, the safer bet is admittedly Smiling Proud Wanderer. A Jin Yong classic with great critical and street cred. Yu mama as producer to guarantee high ratings.
    I ship Shi-Harem

The whole thing is driving me crazy as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact, if Meng Jiu is a bad guy Huo Qu Bing is worst!! HQB as a general went against his own country out of love and Meng Jiu helped him as an insider to achieve it!!!!!! Yet they are heros in DMY because they are doing it out of LOVE! DMY is totally twisting the history and history fans just hate it! Huo Qu Bing is supposed a good general in history.
    LOL u guys r hilarious lol. i dun care what drama he is in, just hurry up and make it so i have something to watch lol
    i will watch all his dramas, dun care what role he will be taking, hopefully some challenging role hehe..

Wallace 4eva <3 hehe

Recently there is news about LSS will be in a movie and it'll start in March. LSS is a really busy girl!

Wow... am I watching a real life drama? I'm so glad that Wallace is so popular in Mainland China now. He hasn't wasted his 8 years in China at all.

I prefer him as LHC over DMY as Smiling Proud Wanderer is a classic and I love the story so much! However, Yu Zheng has a bad name in destroying a drama although most of his dramas received very good ratings. Jade Palace Lock Heart had the best viewer rating in Taiwan in 2011, followed by BBJX. But four of Wallace's dramas (Strange Hero, Detective Tang Lang, Snow Rough and QSHF) were among the top 10 best viewer ratings in Taiwan in 2011.

In fact, if Meng Jiu is a bad guy Huo Qu Bing is worst!! HQB as a general went against his own country out of love for the female lead and Meng Jiu helped him as an insider to achieve it because also out of love for the female lead!!!!!! Yet they are heros in DMY because they are doing it out of LOVE! DMY is totally twisting the history and history fans just hate it! Huo Qu Bing is supposed a good general in history.
    DMY is primarily a fictional love story imagining a few historical figures as characters, just like BBJX, and told from a female protagonist's point-of-view/perspective. I know history purists might have problems with the history presented in BBJX, but the execution of the love story played out in a way that appealed to hapless romantics Similarly with Jin Yong, wuxia is the primary focus and history is just the background and seldom 100% accurate to the bone.

Wuxia fans don't care much about the history portion of any Jin Yong novel anyway. Likewise us romantics don't bother too much about total historical accuracy bcos what we look for is LOVE, heheh! But agree Linghu Chong is too classic a role to pass up, even if producer is Yu Zheng.

EDIT:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/678e177etw1dpocq1sek8j.jpg')
    Yu Zheng replied to a fan on weibo saying he has let go of whoever, and is looking for a good replacement for the role? Not sure if this is referring to Wallace though.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 02-02-12 at 12:17 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

But agree Linghu Chong is too classic a role to pass up, even if producer is Yu Zheng.
    I agree, between the two roles Linghu Chong would be a better choice for Wallace. However, to be honest, if Wallace chose to be in DMY, I think it's more like he's doing Karen a favor because he have such good ties with Tangren. I liked both of his roles in Tangren's project (White Tofu and LGX) and those were the two roles that made me noticed him more than his past series Thus, if he chose to be in DMY, his role can't possibly be any worse than Qing Fei (could it?).

I am actually surprised Yu Mama is passing up (if he is) Mickey He for the role. I remembered reading awhile back about YZ putting his number one male star (Mickey He) in that role?
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 02-02-12 at 12:49 PM.

PEOPLE....PEOPLE....
    everybody.. calm down.. and.. just let the shi-harems do their job...... whatever happen we will still love them
    Im just kidding but its true we will still love them so yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by raindrops2226 View Post
    LOL u guys r hilarious lol. i dun care what drama he is in, just hurry up and make it so i have something to watch lol
    PREACH IT SISTA. >8D
    I'm excited for anything. :|

I love watching Wallace but I don't know if he can beat my favorite LHC, Jackie Lui. If anyone had seen State of Divinity, you would know that Jackie Linghu Chong was amazing. I can't imagine Wallace could do any better.