Page 11 of 216 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Huo (霍建華)

My understanding is that CCTV is very selective when it comes to pick a star to shoot for their series. Basically as the mainlanders are saying once you are a CCTV actor, you are in the front line.

I believe Wallace made a right choice when he left Taiwan for China in 2004. If he stayed in Taiwan, he might just ended up shooting "idol series" like other actors in TW. But it was a disaster for him when he first came to China. he had to start over again as a new comer, particularly when he was already well known in TW.

He gave it all up to pursue his long term career goal as a real actor. He did it!

hmm. i kinda like wallace's voice! it's much better than i expected
    although it was kinda weird/creepy in the MV when that girl went into the bathroom to record him PEEING ...

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    hmm. i kinda like wallace's voice! it's much better than i expected
    although it was kinda weird/creepy in the MV when that girl went into the bathroom to record him PEEING ...
    Yes, I agree with you! Super CREEPY! Not cute at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Drgirleam View Post
    Yes, I agree with you! Super CREEPY! Not cute at all!
    lol YEAH...i definitely wouldn't be still thinking about someone who barged into the bathroom with a camera while i was peeing...

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    lol YEAH...i definitely wouldn't be still thinking about someone who barged into the bathroom with a camera while i was peeing...

LOL! They wouldn't make it out alive! muahahahahaha

Hello everybody!
    I am very happy to find out the English forum of Wallace since I became his fan.

It 's good to know that Wallace 's career goes further in the Mainland. I wonder how much his commission for a drama episode? does anyone know about it?

I love this song by Wallace: Ni De Di Yi (你的第一)

Based on the last media report, his commission is Rmb125,000 per episode.

can i just say that wallace looks really good in that mv. i like his hair that way!
    oh, and that lady is he's supposed to be protecting is such a cougar (or is there a term for guys that like older women? )

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    Based on the last media report, his commission is Rmb125,000 per episode.
    wow... I didnt expect he gets that high salary.... I thought he just gets around 80K/episode.....that commission is in the range for the A list actors, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tyty6_7 View Post
    wow... I didnt expect he gets that high salary.... I thought he just gets around 80K/episode.....that commission is in the range for the A list actors, right?
    Yeah, from what I've been reading, above RMB100K seems to be for Mainland A-listers. Latest news I read about Hu Ge is that his estimated salary is about 150K/episode now. Huang Xiaoming has not done Mainland TV series for some time, but his last drawn in 2007/2008 was also 150K/episode - but of course, inflation from China's very rapid growth would have blown up his salary by now. Ruby Lin was paid 150K/episode when she was filming Mei Ren Xin Ji back in 2009.

Nicholas Tse takes the cake at 300K/episode. Not sure about Nicky Wu.

Anyway, it's good Wallace made his name as an idol actor for fame/popularity among the younger generation before going on to CCTV, rather than go too strongly into CCTV.
    According to this article http://english.cctv.com/program/cult...8/101231.shtml (might be a year obsolete but more or less relevant), the top 5 CCTV actors/actresses are Sun Honglei, Yan Ni, Yao Chen, Duan Yihong and Wang Baoqiang - but they are definitely not famous/popular as Wallace.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 03-10-11 at 03:25 PM.

Wallace arrived Beijing yesterday for his doctor's drama. Hope to hear more about him. He has been quiet for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Yeah, from what I've been reading, above RMB100K seems to be for Mainland A-listers. Latest news I read about Hu Ge is that his estimated salary is about 150K/episode now.
    Hu Ge salary has been rapidly increasing ... I remember I read somewhere that he got only around 60K/ep which was less than Wallace 80k/ep in CP3.... but right now his commission is 2.5 times higher...

Hope we can see Wallace 's pics from the new drama soon...But the script sounds like the one of the korean drama that Jang Don Gun and Lee Young Aae starred in... sorry I dont remember its name ...

Quote Originally Posted by tyty6_7 View Post
    Hu Ge salary has been rapidly increasing ... I remember I read somewhere that he got only around 60K/ep which was less than Wallace 80k/ep in CP3.... but right now his commission is 2.5 times higher...

Hope we can see Wallace 's pics from the new drama soon...But the script sounds like the one of the korean drama that Jang Don Gun and Lee Young Aae starred in... sorry I dont remember its name ...
    Wallace's commission was Rmb80K/episode in CP3, Rmb120K/episode in Strange Hero. But I think his commission could be higher for the current series.

Unhappy We miss Wallace

Today Wallace's fans in the Mainland have gone very excited after hearing the news that he is now in Beijing. Wallace is a very low profile person. He doesn't have any blog and official sites. He has been quiet after finished shooting for Qing Shi Huang Fei. All his fans are so eager to find out more about him.

Yesterday a girl posted in her blog that she sat next to Wallace and his assistant in the train from Beijing airport T3 to Dongzhimen (东直门). She didn’t have coins to buy a train ticket and Wallace offered to give her one.

Even with such a minor news, today all the threads in China are in traffic jam. So many fans left their messages about how pity to be his fans. Other stars have their blogs and hold many fan events. Wallace’s fans can only find out about him through unofficial sources. His fans love him so much and are so hungry about getting news about him. Once he even disappeared for 6 months long. Fans are excited because they finally can obtain more news about Wallace because he is now in Beijing for his doctor drama (hopefully news about him will be released over the course of the shooting).
    Last edited by tobeme; 03-10-11 at 08:48 AM.

PS by fans - one of photos from Qing Shi Huang Fei. This photo is famous for being PS the most.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/1211338595_r3rdr-L.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    Today Wallace's fans in the Mainland have gone very excited after hearing the news that he is now in Beijing. Wallace is a very low profile person. He doesn't have any blog and official sites. He has been quiet after finished shooting for Qing Shi Huang Fei. All his fans are so eager to find out more about him.

But you know what? I like that about Wallace. He's a no fuss, no rumors, no scandal kind of guy. That just goes to show that he is secure with who he is and where he is at in life. He doesn't need to be in the public eye to be happy. Basically down to earth, non-high mantainence person. That I like!

Love this photo:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/1198136615_y5jHL-XL.jpg')

Good morning for Beijing time. It's a beautiful day!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/1203547558_WmVyv-XL.jpg')

There isn't any pic from the new drama yet?......His low-profile characteristics gives him the good and the not so good points as well...