Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LCY at her martial art peak vs XLN by the end of ROCH

Default LCY at her martial art peak vs XLN by the end of ROCH

Another *pointless* battle debate, can't help it, it's fun

Anyway, if we are to compare LCY at her peak (she was said to surpass WCY's level for a period of time) and XLN by the end of ROCH (after she learnt L/R Hand Technique, etc.), who will win if they fight?

I'll say LCY has the edge, but if XLN use her L/R hand technique, it would be really close match.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

def LCY if she manages to beat WCY
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972
    def LCY if she manages to beat WCY
    I don't think she really managed to beat WCY. WCY just went easy to her I guess.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Lam Chiu Ying would win. She had better overall skills than Little Dragon Girl, *much* deeper inner power, and knew the Ancient Tomb Sect's martial arts techniques better than anyone (she invented them, after all).

LCY managed to create many martial arts of her own, probably driven by her desire to beat WCY and Quanzhen skills.

XLN manages to create one skill in all the years she is stuck at the bottom of the cliff with nothing else to do except bee embroidery.

I know creation of skills is only one of many indicators but i get the feeling that LCY is the winner in this criteria based on above info.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    XLN manages to create one skill in all the years she is stuck at the bottom of the cliff with nothing else to do except bee embroidery.
    Actually, Little Dragon Girl invented *no* martial arts during her sixteen-year internment at the bottom of Passionless Valley (the "Broken-Heart Sword" was purely a TVB creation). The most you can say is that she adapted Chow Bak Tung's Left/Right Hand Technique so that she could individually execute the Double-Sword Attack that she previously needed Yeung Gor to execute with her.

won't be the 1st thing TVB invented
    TaZzY InC

just a thought

well, LCY never finish learning the Jade Madien Manual. While XLN has finish learning it, but I could not say that she master it

Question

I was wondering, do you need two people to use (not learn) the Jade Maiden martial art or can you do it alone?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    I was wondering, do you need two people to use (not learn) the Jade Maiden martial art or can you do it alone?
    You do need two people to learn, that is why XLN's master didn't finish learning it because LCY die early.

I wonder why is it call the Jade Maiden MANUAL, is there an actual manual of it?

EDIT: Sorry I misread your post, so just ignore what I just said.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 10-07-04 at 11:40 AM.

I really think XLN has equalled if not surpassed LCY even before the 16 years separation because of the following reasons :

1) Although LCY had superior martial arts and invented the ancient tomb techniques and even defeated WCY, she defeated him because he let her to

2) WYC also had found techniques from 9-Yin that would defeat all of her ancient tomb techniques.

3) XLN has access to all of LCY's martial arts techniques and successfully learnt all of them including the Jade Maiden Martial arts, and she even goes the distance by perfecting the sword arts with Yang Guo. Their strong love for each other even makes it better it has ever been.

4) XLN knows all the 9-Yin excerpts used to defeat all ancient tomb techniques, including additional techniques like how to hold breath underwater, how to break out from preassure point paralyzing attacks, etc

5) XLN even master the L-R techniques taught by ZBT.

The only thing I could see LCY could still be better than XLN was in terms of inner power, experience and creativity, since she invented the ancient tomb techniques, but other than that, I think XLN at her at worst has already equalled LCY, logically she has even surpassed LCY.
    Last edited by Temujin; 10-07-04 at 01:11 PM.

Well done man, that's what I wanted to say.

5) XLN even master the L-R techniques taught by ZBT.
    In addition to that, the L-R techniques also let her be able to use the combination jian fa, which LCY invented but never could use, and which the ultimate power of this jian fa, XLN would win.

I completely agree with Temujin. You forgot to mention that Xiao Long Nu can call her jade bees as well, another lethal arsenals to her already long list of martial arts skills and talents

Quote Originally Posted by FoieGras
    I completely agree with Temujin. You forgot to mention that Xiao Long Nu can call her jade bees as well, another lethal arsenals to her already long list of martial arts skills and talents
    While I don't think it was ever said who exactly invented the bee-controlling technique, I suspect that it was Lam Chiu Ying. Little Dragon Girl wasn't much of an inventor.

After some thinking,

It really depend on how to rank WCY. WCY did think that LCY's martial art is definitely on his level, and above the greats, when they were alive of course.

I have mentioned this a few times before, so regular members might have already been bored with it But anyway for those who haven't heard about it... well, in the 1st edition of ROCH that I read, there was a passage (during the time YG was meeting H7Q for the 1st time in Hua Shan, prior to H7Q's duel with OYF) that stated H7Q's level by that time already surpassed WCY's level. From Athena and Du Gu seeking a win, I learnt that this statement has been removed in the 2nd and 3rd edition of ROCH.

So just a thought, maybe Jin Yong wanted to emphasize that WCY's level was quite high, even by ROCH standard.

I would say a very close match, this is because
    1: XLN has learned the 9yin left by WCY that could counter all of Ancient Tomb's kung fu thus rendering LCY's techniques but LCY has the advantage of inner power to add to her techniques which may put off XLN facing it head on.
    2: XLN knows the L/R so she can perform the final stage of pure jade maiden without yang guo BUT the sword art cannot kill as said in ROCH when yang guo and xln fight GWM and since LCY invented the art she would know that it cannot kill so she can use her higher internal energy to wait until xln tires out.

Overall it can go either way if the 9yin is sucessful it will go towards XLN but if not then LCY

wonder wat the odds would be at the bookmakers'??
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by allunderheaven
    I would say a very close match, this is because
    1: XLN has learned the 9yin left by WCY that could counter all of Ancient Tomb's kung fu thus rendering LCY's techniques but LCY has the advantage of inner power to add to her techniques which may put off XLN facing it head on.
    2: XLN knows the L/R so she can perform the final stage of pure jade maiden without yang guo BUT the sword art cannot kill as said in ROCH when yang guo and xln fight GWM and since LCY invented the art she would know that it cannot kill so she can use her higher internal energy to wait until xln tires out.

Overall it can go either way if the 9yin is sucessful it will go towards XLN but if not then LCY
    The sword cannot kill? That seems strange. But, she doesn't need to kill her, she just needs to defeat her. IE, disarm her, lock her pressure point, or point her sword to her chest etc.