Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: wot korean series are u seeing now?

Default New Heart & YAMD

hi! i am now watching You are my destinty, a family drama, pretty cool but still on going. LeeJeeHoon as KimTaePoong and SNSD Yoona as JangSaeByuk, they are very cute together. Just finished Three dads and one mom. i like the beginning part its funny how three bachelors handling a baby but the ending abit off. And New Heart is a good one - must watch!

Single Papa in Love. Oh Ji Ho is an excellent actor. I've seen his performance in Oh Soo Joong and I must say he's one of the best out there. I was afraid I was falling off the Hallyu wave and here comes SPIL, and I'm hooked again.

However, the ending was a bit too hanging for me, dontya think..

Currently watching Lee San, Wind of the Palace acted by Lee Seo Jin & Han Ji Min up till eps. 20+ only. Rather interesting drama about the life of King Jung-jo of Joseon Dynasty, many of actors whom previously acted in Jewel in the Palace are also in this drama.

Quote Originally Posted by anggemb View Post
    Single Papa in Love. Oh Ji Ho is an excellent actor. I've seen his performance in Oh Soo Joong and I must say he's one of the best out there. I was afraid I was falling off the Hallyu wave and here comes SPIL, and I'm hooked again.

However, the ending was a bit too hanging for me, dontya think..
    OMG@! I tried watching this drama and I don't understand why Little San has to have brain tumor, In Thank You, the little girl had AIDS. What's with this new trend of disease children?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I just finished re-watching All About Eve and am now watching I Am Happy.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

I was watching Goong S, for the sake of Kang Doo--somewhat appealing. But I'm disappointed in Se7en's speaking voice its so soft, not so deep and manly.

I'm watching Spotlight, about a news station and the main couple looks interesting. I'm interested to see how a serious main character falls for the main girl. It seems so impossible for him to fall for her. But we'll see.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I think I like Ji Jin Hee in Spotlight, he's so calm and cool. I can definitely feel a love vibe coming from his character towards Woo Jin. It's sweet how he cares for her as a mentor but ever to subtlely, as a love interest. Hee-hee. I thought he looked familiar,he's the actor who played Dae Jang Geum's love interest and husband.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I think I like Ji Jin Hee in Spotlight, he's so calm and cool. I can definitely feel a love vibe coming from his character towards Woo Jin. It's sweet how he cares for her as a mentor but ever to subtlely, as a love interest. Hee-hee. I thought he looked familiar,he's the actor who played Dae Jang Geum's love interest and husband.
    So is this good, I mean in a romantic way, I guess S2 doing the subs, this should be a good series, is it?. I'm currently still selecting what to watch for my kdrama fix after finishing Snow Queen early this year (I know, I only watch US series, so watching kdrama is like an event for me and only if its very good).

But now I only want to watch one which is very romantic like Snow Queen/Green Rose. Do you know any series like that?. But please, no death, no terminal illness, no sibling lovey-dovey and no underage marriage.
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 09-04-08 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    So is this good, I mean in a romantic way, I guess S2 doing the subs, this should be a good series, is it?. I'm currently still selecting what to watch for my kdrama fix after finishing Snow Queen early this year (I know, I only watch Us series, so watching kdrama is like an event for me and only if its very good).

But now I only want to watch one which is very romantic like Snow Queen/Green Rose. Do you know any series like that?. But please, no death, no terminal illness, no sibling lovey-dovey and no underage marriage.
    I like the Spotlight so far. I'm up to episode 10 right now, and well, it focuses more on Woo Jin trying to succeed as a reporter and Tae Seuk as the news captain, who sees her as a potential because she really gutsy when pursuing and investigating news. The focus is like the passion of being a news reporter. I like it because the main couple doesn't fall in love right away after 3 or 6 episodes. They get to know each other and work together. Of course, Woo Jin feels frustrated because Tae Seuk as her supervisor seems to hold her back from her opportunity from being an anchor woman. But the truth is, he believes she needs more practice before she can step forth. When she gets hurt, he acts really concerned and scolds her. It's cute. I'm just waiting for that romantic spark to enflame and burst into a big fire. Haha...in some ways, its almost like those J-drama where each episode, they get closer and eventually realize their feelings for each other kinda thing.

I don't know about romantic dramas. I've been looking for them too. I tried Capital Scandal, where the story is set in the 1930s and they're spying and the dangers of spying involved. I haven't finished it, but I guess its ok? No terminal illnesses or anything.

I started Single Dad in Love, but even that drama, the main couple does not have any terminal illness, but Oh Ji Ho's son has brain tumor.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

I started Single Dad in Love, but even that drama, the main couple does not have any terminal illness, but Oh Ji Ho's son has brain tumor.
    I guess this terminal illness plot is the most essential one in kdrama and cannot be ignored. Thanx for info about Spotlight, will try to find and watch this

East of Eden - very interesting so far .
    Gourmet - decent
    When it's at Night - pretty funny .
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Just finished watching Dal Ja's Spring and Million Dollar Bride. Very funny shows, with the latter full of parodies. I watched some of Mystery Lovers (or something translated to that effect), but this isn't as funny as the other two.
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”

I am currently hooked with "Women in the Sun." It's a very captivating series. A must see for Korean series lovers, who want to see a different kind of storyline...

Currently re-watching "My Name is Kim Sam Soon." I still find it funny even though this is my second time watching it.

I watched the first episode of "The World That They Live In." Not sure if I want to continue watching it though. Seems kind of boring and I'm wondering where the storyline is going.

Also, started watching "Gourmet" but not sure if I want to continue it either. It seems like an okay storyline but for some reason I don't really like the leading actress.

Quote Originally Posted by botan View Post
    Currently re-watching "My Name is Kim Sam Soon." I still find it funny even though this is my second time watching it.

I watched the first episode of "The World That They Live In." Not sure if I want to continue watching it though. Seems kind of boring and I'm wondering where the storyline is going.

Also, started watching "Gourmet" but not sure if I want to continue it either. It seems like an okay storyline but for some reason I don't really like the leading actress.
    Botan, I bought MNIKSS DVDs and haha I still find it funny and amusing to rewatch. I think it's my third or fourth time rewatching.

If you like Kim Sun Ah, I suggest you watch her new drama with Lee Dong Gun - When It's At Night/Every Night. I like their pairing too. I've watched up to episode 5 and waiting for more episodes.

anyone watching ijimae?

Botan, I bought MNIKSS DVDs and haha I still find it funny and amusing to rewatch. I think it's my third or fourth time rewatching.

If you like Kim Sun Ah, I suggest you watch her new drama with Lee Dong Gun - When It's At Night/Every Night. I like their pairing too. I've watched up to episode 5 and waiting for more episodes.
    I just finished MNIKSS and found it a bit disappointing this time around. I had a few complaints, but it was still amusing to watch and one of the better K-dramas I've seen so far.

I was thinking about watching When It's At Night but I don't really like Lee Dong Gun so I decided to take a pass on that drama. Do you have any other dramas to recommend? I'd really like to watch something funny but can't seem to find anything interesting lately.

Just finished "What Star Are You From."
    Kind of anticlimactic, but overall good. Jung Ryeo Won did a great job in it!

currently watching My Girl, and planning to watch Full House afterward. just want to see if My Girl is really that better than Full House like everyone else said.
    Currently watching:

• We got married
    • Moonlight Resonance
    • and many more...

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW."

Default Save the last dance and fantasy couple

I love the Christmas to New Year's day holidays, just finished re-watching save the last dance. Episode 18 is really my favourite among all the shows I have watched.. wish they had not extended it by another 2 episodes, aiiiyah so draggy. And the wierd sister was wierder this time round.

Fantasy couple is really hilarious for most of the episodes. I skipped the last few, especially the ones where the three kids are bawling their heads off. So contrived.

Of course, cannot finish the year without watching parts of Winter Sonata, especially when she saw her late boyfirend walking in the streets. So so touching. Now I am looking around for a good 16 episodes' drama to start my new year.