Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: wot korean series are u seeing now?

I've just finished He's Beautiful/You Are Beautiful.

Jang Guek Suk as a hypochondriac control freak is hilarious. Very charismatic. Any girl would fall for him.

Park Shin Hye's acting as a kind, sincere and selfless girl-in-guy-disguise is good and funny. Just wish she can emanate the innocent and cute spirit like EH in Goong, rather than acting out the cute scenes.

Recommend to anyone who loves romantic comedies like My Girl, Dalja's Spring or Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy or people who loves behind-the-scenes in showbiz.

Beats Boys Over Flowers coz this has a well-integrated cast with even acting from leads and supporting cast. Funny storyline, near-perfect romance and very well-written scipt/plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Yeah, he's completely psycho and has this violent streak.
    I am watching this "A Man Called God" too. Anyone find the song in this drama somewhat similar to "Kingdom of the Winds"?

Currently watching East of Eden. Looks like another long and intense drama.

I'm watching Hong Gil Dong. It's hard to get used to watching a period drama with modern fusions in it, but I'm trying to watch it because Kang Ji Hwan and Jang Geun Suk are good actors. Since I enjoyed watching them in Coffee House and YAB.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

i'm rewatching Goong and following Playful Kiss and along the way also watching Devils.

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun View Post
    i'm rewatching Goong and following Playful Kiss and along the way also watching Devils.
    Devils? You mean The Devil (aka MaWang/Lucifier) with Joo Ji Hoon, Uhm Tae Woong and Shin Min Ah right?

Okay let me make a list of what I have unfinished and currently watching...

Unfinished
    --A Man Called God (Episodes 23-24) - or the last two episodes I haven't seen yet
    --Great Queen Seon Duk - I'm paused somewhere in the thirtysomething episodes, I think. I'll pick it up eventually. I know it's the part where Man Deok's nephew returned from China and is acting like a brat to her.
    --Dong Yi - Currently at Ep 36 - It got kind of boring, but I think I'll go back to it sometime later.
    --Personal Preference (I haven't watched the last two episodes either)-- I guess I don't want this story to end for me just yet. Will pick it up soon.

Currently watching
    (These dramas I watch sparingly because the entire drama is not available yet, which is why I have time to rewatch some dramas)
    --My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
    --Gloria
    --Sungkyunkwan Scandal (love it so far!!!)

Hong Gil Dong --- Kang Ji Hwan's Hong Gil Dong reminds me a lot of his character in Coffee House. I definitely find him funny and mischivious. But man, his character in Coffee House is smart (I'd say too smart), romantic, he can be somewhat caring, but he is sadistically funny and mischievious.

Hong Gil Dong's character has more meat than Chang Hui (Jang Geun Suk's character. I'm only through episode 11, so I don't know how these characters will grow further. I just find Yi Nok (Sung Yu Ri) a bit air-headed, clumsy, nice, but not much up there in the brains department. I'd like her to grow up a bit and develop more brain cells.

Rewatching

My Name is Kim Sam Soon - I am rewatching this again! Haha never gets too old. This is during the period of when K-Dramas still made those Contract Relationship plots. This time around, I do feel sympathy for Yoo Hee Jin and felt like if Sam Soon wasn't around maybe Jin Heon and Hee Jin might have patched things up like in most K-Dramas where some sort of tragedy happened and two lovers were torn apart only to meet again after a certain time and they eventually would patch things up. But I can also see why Sam Soon and Jin Heon shows that whatever Jin Heon and Hee Jin had was the past and some things or people change despite how much they want to hold onto something old and familiar.

You're Beautiful - I'm watching some of the episodes, and the three guys are so loveable. The Manager is so funny. I forgot how funny the imaginatons of these characters thinking how this sort thing happened in their mind. I do <3 Jeremy. He's so cute and funny. I wouldn't mind having a friend like him.

Wow. It does seem like I'm watching a lot of K-dramas, doesn't it? And yet somehow I do have a day job and social life.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-08-10 at 12:40 AM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

yeah i meant The Devils ^^

Devils? You mean The Devil (aka MaWang/Lucifier) with Joo Ji Hoon, Uhm Tae Woong and Shin Min Ah right?

Okay let me make a list of what I have unfinished and currently watching...

Unfinished
    --A Man Called God (Episodes 23-24) - or the last two episodes I haven't seen yet
    --Great Queen Seon Duk - I'm paused somewhere in the thirtysomething episodes, I think. I'll pick it up eventually. I know it's the part where Man Deok's nephew returned from China and is acting like a brat to her.
    --Dong Yi - Currently at Ep 36 - It got kind of boring, but I think I'll go back to it sometime later.
    --Personal Preference (I haven't watched the last two episodes either)-- I guess I don't want this story to end for me just yet. Will pick it up soon.

Currently watching (These dramas I watch sparingly because the entire drama is not available yet, which is why I have time to rewatch some dramas)
    --My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
    --Gloria
    --Sungkyunkwan Scandal (love it so far!!!)

Hong Gil Dong --- Kang Ji Hwan's Hong Gil Dong reminds me a lot of his character in Coffee House. I definitely find him funny and mischivious. But man, his character in Coffee House is smart (I'd say too smart), romantic, he can be somewhat caring, but he is sadistically funny and mischievious.

Hong Gil Dong's character has more meat than Chang Hui (Jang Geun Suk's character. I'm only through episode 11, so I don't know how these characters will grow further. I just find Yi Nok (Sung Yu Ri) a bit air-headed, clumsy, nice, but not much up there in the brains department. I'd like her to grow up a bit and develop more brain cells.

Rewatching
    My Name is Kim Sam Soon - I am rewatching this again! Haha never gets too old. This is during the period of when K-Dramas still made those Contract Relationship plots. This time around, I do feel sympathy for Yoo Hee Jin and felt like if Sam Soon wasn't around maybe Jin Heon and Hee Jin might have patched things up like in most K-Dramas where some sort of tragedy happened and two lovers were torn apart only to meet again after a certain time and they eventually would patch things up. But I can also see why Sam Soon and Jin Heon shows that whatever Jin Heon and Hee Jin had was the past and some things or people change despite how much they want to hold onto something old and familiar.

You're Beautiful - I'm watching some of the episodes, and the three guys are so loveable. The Manager is so funny. I forgot how funny the imaginatons of these characters thinking how this sort thing happened in their mind. I do <3 Jeremy. He's so cute and funny. I wouldn't mind having a friend like him.

Wow. It does seem like I'm watching a lot of K-dramas, doesn't it? And yet somehow I do have a day job and social life.
    Yes, that is truly an amazing list!

I rewatched a few of the romantic comedies lately, namely Dalja's Spring, Biscuit Teacher Star Candy and You Are Beautiful. Luv all three shows and will always rewatch them. I like the guys and funny manager plus his galfriend in YAB too. The show has a very positive note and always come up with such parodies of the entertainment world. I only hope Go Mi Nam's voice could be more like a guy (like Moon Guen Young in Painter of the Wind) for a more realistic take. Just couldn't believe the three guys believe her to be a guy when she first starts to talk.

I watched parts of Jumong again. Haven't watched the later parts of the show yet, although I know how the story would go.

Currently watching King and I, might or might not finish the show. Catching on TV is Personal Preference with LMH. He's a good actor.

Forgot to mention IRIS which i finished watching a few days ago. Was a bit disappointing since my friend was harping about how great the show is. KTH and LBH etc etc etc

As such, I have really great expectations when I start out watching. Although it was a great leap for Korean spy/intelligence show, I find the directing a bit dry and I never understood how IRIS convince all those high officials to serve them instead of the lawful government. Perhaps personal ambition and desire for chaos answers the question, but still not enough to convince the existence and influence of IRIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    Forgot to mention IRIS which i finished watching a few days ago. Was a bit disappointing since my friend was harping about how great the show is. KTH and LBH etc etc etc

As such, I have really great expectations when I start out watching. Although it was a great leap for Korean spy/intelligence show, I find the directing a bit dry and I never understood how IRIS convince all those high officials to serve them instead of the lawful government. Perhaps personal ambition and desire for chaos answers the question, but still not enough to convince the existence and influence of IRIS.
    I tried watching IRIS, but I don't KTH and LBH just didn't interest me as a coupling pair. I watched like 1 episode and wasn't interested to see more.

About YAB, yeah, she has such a girlie voice and she can't even speak differently when she's crossdressing.

At least in Sungkyunkwan Scandal, the main girl, she speaks in a firm, masculine voice when she's crossdressing as a guy, though she still has some feminine traits that cannot be disguised. At times she does look like a pretty boy. But I think she's quite cute as a girl. Ah...the guys in this drama is so hot. The actor, Jun Tae Soo, who plays the Student Council President is actually Ha Ji Won's younger brother. They sorta resemble each other especially with the eyes and eyebrows. He's also in King and I.

The main guys we have Lee Sun Joon, a straight lace, man of virtues type of guy, then there's Goo Yong Ha, who's a cheeky, playboy and frequent customer of brothels who like Kang Shin Woo (in You're Beautiful) knew from the start that the main girl disguised as a boy is really a girl but chooses to say nothing only to watch and tease her when he gets the chance. And lastly, we have Moon Jae Shin, who's unlike the other students at the school, he's wild, rebellious and quite sexy when his hair is unkempt. I loved episode 4, Kim Yoon Hee (the main girl) is totally sandwiched between these LSJ and MJS.

No matter how many stories of girls crossdressing as a guy, it never fails to be entertainingly funny and you just want to watch how it unravels.

Watched a few episodes of Gumiho, but find the supporting cast storyline a bit bland for my taste.

Looking forward to korean adaptation of 'Mary Skipped the Curfew' though.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Watched a few episodes of Gumiho, but find the supporting cast storyline a bit bland for my taste.

Looking forward to korean adaptation of 'Mary Skipped the Curfew' though.
    I hope the main girl character has wits and guts, and they pick a main actress worth looking at and liking. They have better not pick that freakylips who played in BOF too.

I hope the main girl character has wits and guts, and they pick a main actress worth looking at and liking. They have better not pick that freakylips who played in BOF too.
    Moon Geun Yeung and Jang Geun Seuk confirmed playing the lead characters
    Nothing can go wrong with these two, unless the script writing sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    I thought she hadn't confirm whether she could take that role yet since she had other ones too.

King of Baking, Kim Tak Goo is a really good drama. I think it has a well-written and thoughtout storyline. The setup of the story takes up episodes 1-6 (which goes through 12 years and another 12 year time jump) and then ep 6 and onwards is Kim Tak Goo's own journey to become a great baker with a special talent in smelling. But the storyline is pretty old school where the bad guys are the official wife, her son and her consort vs KTG the son of the mistress. You can't help but root for Tak Goo and watch how he triumphs over all evils and obstacles in his way.
    How far have you watched up to Suet Seung? I'm on episode 27. I agree, I think it's really good too and I like the cast. My only complaint is Eugene, which I think is a miscast for the role of Yuu Kyung. I don't mind her as an actress but I think she looks so much older than Yoon Shi Yoon and Joo Won and they are all suppose to be the same age. She even looks older than Ma Jun's two older sisters. Kind of awkward. I also don't understand her character either. From the description, it says she is a villainess but I don't really see any development in that.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh
    I'm looking forward to Mary Skipped the Curfew too. I was so happy to read that MGY confirmed the lead role in that drama.

Suet Seung, you can find the article about MGY confirming the role here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/09/mo...out-all-night/
    By the way, who were you referring to as 'freaky lips' in BOF?
    Last edited by botan; 09-13-10 at 07:07 PM.

still haven't finished The Devils, got occupied with Playful Kiss since i'm rewatching n rewatching it ^^ and in the middle i tried to watch Coffee Prince. Honestly i didn't managed to finish this series. First half is kind of okay n refreshing but toward the end it's kind of annoying and i gave up. Now i'm in the middle of rewatching You're Beautiful.

Gonna try to watch Baker King but maybe later on. And can't wait for JGS's new series too ^^
    Last edited by tanteun; 09-17-10 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun View Post
    still haven't finished The Devils, got occupied with Playful Kiss since i'm rewatching n rewatching it ^^ and in the middle i tried to watch Coffee Prince. Honestly i didn't managed to finish this series. First half is kind of okay n refreshing but toward the end it's kind of annoying and i gave up. Now i'm in the middle of rewatching You're Beautiful.

Gonna try to watch Baker King but maybe later on. And can't wait for JGS's new series too ^^
    Yeah, when I first watch Coffee Prince, I thought it would be okay, but I got annoyed with the whole drama and gave up midway.

I'm done with rewatching MNIKSS and I rewatched some eps of You're Beautiful, but that's it. Not watching the whole drama over.

Baker King, it's so dramatic but I guess its because they want to show that Kim Tak Goo had to go through many hardships to build his character and become a great baker. Things are getting interesting with the female characters back for revenge against the evil mother of Ma Jun and secretary Han Seung Jae. Hahahaha can't wait until those villains get their just desserts.

Still watching "A Man called God". Should be at ep 18 now. Michael's sister already knew that Micheal is her brother.

Anyone know that "Iris 2" has finished filming? I also read that they are planning a historical drama about Bai-chi? The kingdom set up by Jumong and Susu's two other sons (the step-brothers of King Yiru?). Any update about this drama?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Anyone know that "Iris 2" has finished filming?
    I think it's still filming and won't be airing until December. I'll just be watching Athena for Choi Si Won.

Suet Seung: Yeah, I really don't get why Eugene was casted for the role. I haven't seen Han Hyo Joo in anything yet but Kim So Eun would have been okay or anyone that looks their age that could act. Perhaps, they didn't think a younger actress would be able to pull off the role. After watching episode 27-29 I can see that somewhat of a dark side has developed in Yu Kyung but she's still not exactly evil and I wouldn't describe her as a villainess. She's just trying to get back at Seo In Sook. I really wonder how it will end, seems like there's still a lot to wrap up in one episode. There hasn't been any development in the relationship between Mi Sun and Tak Goo either.

Yup, Manager Han is quite a pitiful character. Ma Jun too. Poor kid has a lot of issues. I hope he's able to change for the better at the end.

I agree about Jin Goo. I felt so bad for him when Tak Goo realized he was the windmill guy. It was so sad, what happened to Tak Goo's mom wasn't really his fault. I'm glad Tak Goo was able to forgive him.

Yeah, Joo Won is super tall, makes YSY looks so short when standing next to him. YSY kind of reminds me of Lee Jun Ki and now that you mention it his voice does sound a little like Siwon's. Quite a deep voice he has.

Lol, Koo Hye Sun did make a lot of weird expressions in BOF. She was okay, she didn't bother me too much. I do agree that she could use some improvement in her acting. I would have preferred someone else playing that role.
    Last edited by botan; 09-18-10 at 02:49 AM.

Watching 'Giant.' Joo Sang Wook (as Jo Minwoo) reminds me of Tony Leung. Must be the eyes. The scene of the prisoners holding hands was touching.