Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: wot korean series are u seeing now?

Finished the "Duo". Wondering if the ending can be better. Anyway, it is worth a watch.

Started Myung-wol the Spy. Eric is hot!
    玉木宏

blog

After not watching K-drama for so long, now I'm 'stuck' with You're My Destiny.

I was back in my home country when I started watching this drama just because I always had the TV on whenever the show was on. Now I just have to finish it, even after I found out it's like 170 episodes or something. I was like "WWHHAA???" Thank God for the fast forward button.

After I finish this, I'll move on to Midas. Is this a good drama? I tried to look for some info/reviews on Midas, but there isn't much out there.

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    After not watching K-drama for so long, now I'm 'stuck' with You're My Destiny.

I was back in my home country when I started watching this drama just because I always had the TV on whenever the show was on. Now I just have to finish it, even after I found out it's like 170 episodes or something. I was like "WWHHAA???" Thank God for the fast forward button.

After I finish this, I'll move on to Midas. Is this a good drama? I tried to look for some info/reviews on Midas, but there isn't much out there.
    MIDAS is more like Devil's Advocate or so people say. There's not much romance or romcom. But I hear people loved MIDAS. Try City Hunter it has action, drama, romance, the two types of vengeance through killing VS letting enemies live but lose everything they cherish type of vengeance and comedy.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-27-11 at 08:36 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Is anyone watching women of our home or on KBS world it's bittersweet life? There are more than 100 episodes.... argh... I am just curious how many ways they can squeeze the theme of 'a long lost child of a woman or man who has another family now'. The angst, the dilema... ah well...

Quote Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
    Is anyone watching women of our home or on KBS world it's bittersweet life? There are more than 100 episodes.... argh... I am just curious how many ways they can squeeze the theme of 'a long lost child of a woman or man who has another family now'. The angst, the dilema... ah well...
    You're brave, Bella. I can't stand those daily drama shows and their ongoing drama. Too much for me to handle, I guess.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    MIDAS is more like Devil's Advocate or so people say. There's not much romance or romcom. But I hear people loved MIDAS. Try City Hunter it has action, drama, romance, the two types of vengeance through killing VS letting enemies live but lose everything they cherish type of vengeance and comedy.
    Yeah, the reviews said it's all about business mergers stuff. I just randomly picked the DVDs, so I'll go with that first. Then I will try your suggestion if I can find City Hunter on youtube. Thanks SS!

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    Yeah, the reviews said it's all about business mergers stuff. I just randomly picked the DVDs, so I'll go with that first. Then I will try your suggestion if I can find City Hunter on youtube. Thanks SS!
    You can try watching City Hunter at dramacrazy.net, viki.com or koreandrama.tv and a few Korean dramas can be found on hulu.com.

I find myself having to write down what I watch or else I'll forget which episode I've seen.

I'm currently watching City Hunter, Scent of a Woman, You've Fallen for Me (or Heartstrings), and I recently just started Myung Wol the Spy (both guys, Eric, Lee Jin Wook and Han Ye Seul are adorable and good looking).

I'm enjoying the cast of Scent of a Woman, especially Kim Sun Ah. That woman can act and make me cry and laugh. She's a marvelous actress. I hope the ending is nothing like "A Walk to Remember". KSA as Lee Yeon Jae already has two cold-hearted men, a cynical doctor and a aimless and cold chaebol company heir smiling genuinely for the first time. All four of the main cast members seem to be wandering through life with disapointments, regret, hurt, betrayal and problems which I believe with Lee Yeon Jae (Kim Sun Ah) everything will be changing with their interaction with her. We know she has terminal cancer, but the way the drama is going it can tug at your heartstrings and make you teary eyed but also laugh at unexpected twists and how Lee Yeon Jae is not afraid to make the people who mistreated her in the past to suffer as she takes revenge on them in funny and embarassing ways. Kim Sun Ah looks really different from her Kim Sam Soon days, she lost the weight she gained for the role of KSS and looks good, though I am so used to her having a little more meat than this.

I'm enjoying Myung Wol, the Spy. Though I wonder how S. Korea audience is liking that this drama actually has main heroine and supporting male actor playing characters from the other side, N. Korea. I would expect some controversy or dislike. But let's see how this rolls out. Oh, man, obligatory shower scene from ERIC in the 1st episode! Woo! And Lee Jin Wook is pretty hot himself. Last time I saw him, he was in a drama playing the S. Korean president's son, it's interesting to see him working as the secret service in the North.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 08-02-11 at 10:40 PM.

Finally finished Creating Destiny after so many many months. Pretty draggy drama, I ended up fasting forwarding a lot of it. It would have been more watchable had it been just 16 episodes.

I also recently finished Secret Garden and Do You Hear My Heart, both of which were very disappointing. Secret Garden was really funny but the storyline seemed to go in circles and it was a little draggy. Love the cast though and the body switching parts were hilarious. Do You Hear My Heart was draggy as well and plot wise it was so-so, it could have been more interesting. Too many filler scenes. I found the lead actress extremely annoying with her over exaggerated way of speaking and acting.

Currently watching Scent of a Woman and I like it so far. Episodes 3 and 4 had some pretty funny scenes.
    Last edited by botan; 08-07-11 at 01:27 AM.

Just started Romance Town. Seems okay so far but not as funny as I thought it would be. I'm on episode 6 but still haven't really figured out where the storyline is going. It's interesting enough to keep me watching though.

I'm also watching Kim Soo Ro, it's so good. It has the usual elements of an ancient K-drama, the prophecy of a great King, the secret birth son that is thought dead but is alive and adopted by another set of parents, biological parent vs biological son/daughter but don't know they're related, and etc.

Really, I didn't think Secret Garden's story was going in circles. It was really a progression of how the two can change for each other and also accept each other. I didn't really see any big flaws in the series.

I finished City Hunter weeks ago.

A Scent of a Woman
    Protect the Boss
    Myung Wol the Spy (or Beautiful Spy)
    Kim Soo Ro (ep 14 of 32)

And should be finishing You've Fallen for Me (or Heartstrings ) soon.

I got really annoyed and bored with Romance Town, the pace isn't quick enough. I don't want t waste my time watching a drama like that.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 08-22-11 at 12:50 AM.

I am starting to watch a crime series called, "Crime Squad" (think this is the name). The actor is the actor who acted "Jumong".

i'm watching/following some series now, but in my top list is Warrior Baek Dong So!got hooked with this one right from eps 1 and keep me want more since then, after that i'm watching The Princess's Man & Protect The Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
    well that's a daily drama do regarding the story. I just finished watching one tho "Smile Donghae" with 157 eps but it's good *or maybe i'm mesmerized by the actor, JCW*

sung kyon kwan scandal =)
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Iris 2 or Athena. The beginning part of Episode 1 is very interesting.

Anymore K dramas like Dong Yi and Brilliant Legacy with that cute Korean actress? My wife loved her in those shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Anymore K dramas like Dong Yi and Brilliant Legacy with that cute Korean actress? My wife loved her in those shows.
    Her name is Han Hyo Joo. I guess if you haven't watched Iljimae,you can watch that. She's in that period drama too. She hasn't acted in many drama shows yet. Her earlier works shows some raw acting, which needs time to develop and improve. Here's her profile page: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Han_Hyo_Joo

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Her name is Han Hyo Joo. I guess if you haven't watched Iljimae,you can watch that. She's in that period drama too. She hasn't acted in many drama shows yet. Her earlier works shows some raw acting, which needs time to develop and improve. Here's her profile page: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Han_Hyo_Joo
    Yes, SS. She is in Iljimae. Thanks for bringing back my memory. I "liked" her because she is not so thinned compared to other actresses.