Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: wot korean series are u seeing now?

I am watching A Thousand Kisses. Seems like everybody in this drama colored their hair. A few of the male actors have weird hair style. Maybe they just need to comb their hair back. Heh. The show itself is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Really, I didn't think Secret Garden's story was going in circles. It was really a progression of how the two can change for each other and also accept each other. I didn't really see any big flaws in the series.
    I guess going in circles wasn't the correct term to describe it. Repetitive maybe? There seemed to be quite a few scenes that were similar. I understand that those scenes where a build up showing them coming to terms with their feelings for each other etc. but it kind of got dull after a while. But then again, I guess it's typical of kdrama romcom pattern. All in all, I still liked Secret Garden though, just didn't love it as much as I thought I would. I had too high expectations for it I suppose.

Lol, you were right about Romance Town Suet Seung. It got really boring and the storyline didn't make sense a lot of times either. And yes, it was very draggy, I didn't understand why the drama was so many episodes.

Just finished up SungKyunKwan Scandal. Didn't love this one either but I do feel some attachment to it now that it's over. I just felt like there could have been more to the storyline/drama. And the ending was kind of rushed. I was curious about what happened to.....
    click to show/hide spoilers
    ....Cho Sun? And also the Minister of War, his son and daughter? Were they all executed? Also, at the end where Yoon Hee is a teacher, do the students and others at SungKyunKwan know that she is a she? I'm assuming not since they refer to her as Professor Kim Yoon Shik?

It was fun watching Yoo Ah In and Song Joong Ki. Their bromance was sweet. The two leads on the other hand were a little dull, I didn't really care much for their story. I didn't think Park Min Young was convincing in the role. She seemed too feminine most of the time.
    Last edited by botan; 09-26-11 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by botan View Post
    I guess going in circles wasn't the correct term to describe it. Repetitive maybe? There seemed to be quite a few scenes that were similar. I understand that those scenes where a build up showing them coming to terms with their feelings for each other etc. but it kind of got dull after a while. But then again, I guess it's typical of kdrama romcom pattern. All in all, I still liked Secret Garden though, just didn't love it as much as I thought I would. I had too high expectations for it I suppose.

Lol, you were right about Romance Town Suet Seung. It got really boring and the storyline didn't make sense a lot of times either. And yes, it was very draggy, I didn't understand why the drama was so many episodes.

Just finished up SungKyunKwan Scandal. Didn't love this one either but I do feel some attachment to it now that it's over. I just felt like there could have been more to the storyline/drama. And the ending was kind of rushed. I was curious about what happened to.....
    ....Cho Sun? And also the Minister of War, his son and daughter? Were they all executed? Also, at the end where Yoon Hee is a teacher, do the students and others at SungKyunKwan know that she is a she? I'm assuming not since they refer to her as Professor Kim Yoon Shik?

It was fun watching Yoo Ah In and Song Joong Ki. Their bromance was sweet. The two leads on the other hand were a little dull, I didn't really care much for their story. I didn't think Park Min Young was convincing in the role. She seemed too feminine most of the time.
    Well, if you don't find the actress Park Min Young dislikeable and would like to give her a chance, watch her in City Hunter. She's a blue house guard protecting the presidential family, fully equipped with some judo moves. She's still feminine and cute, but she is quite feisty and helpful towards Lee Min Ho's character. You won't find them dull and the story pace is quick enough.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Well, if you don't find the actress Park Min Young dislikeable and would like to give her a chance, watch her in City Hunter. She's a blue house guard protecting the presidential family, fully equipped with some judo moves. She's still feminine and cute, but she is quite feisty and helpful towards Lee Min Ho's character. You won't find them dull and the story pace is quick enough.
    Thanks for the recommendation Suet Seung! I have no opinion on PMY so far and am willing to give her a chance. City Hunter is actually already on my "To Watch" list. The list is getting longer and longer. I am trying to catch up on a bunch of dramas but with school already here it's gonna be a while before I can even get to City Hunter.

I did get the chance to catch the first episode of Baby Faced Beauty and it looks like the typical Kdrama romcom. The usual bickering at first sight stuff.

I'm watching The Great Merchant Kim Man Deok. It's exciting and pretty engaging so far. The actress who plays Ha Ga In's little sister acts as the young Kim Man Deok and she's so good at acting. I must admit these children and teen actors are so good.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I am re-watching random episodes of Lie to Me and I can't believe I didn't notice it before, but they taped up Ki Joon's car to cover the Mercedes emblem. It's pretty funny just thinking about it.
    Less Than Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by mi do ri View Post
    I am re-watching random episodes of Lie to Me and I can't believe I didn't notice it before, but they taped up Ki Joon's car to cover the Mercedes emblem. It's pretty funny just thinking about it.
    Yes. I guess with Korea, they're big on business and etc so they didn't want to show the Mercedes emblem because Mercedes didn't sponsor their drama.

I'm giving Vampire Prosecutor a try.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 10-18-11 at 02:29 PM.

Sorry, is there any thread on athena? (iris 2)

Watching Vampire Prosecutor, and I'm liking it. Pretty interesting cases and characters!

p.s. Love the Audi in the series

Have just completed Athena. Overall, interesting show. It started off on a very exciting note with the rescue of the North Korea nuclear professor. Another very interesting part is the attempted assassination of S Korea president.

How did the N Korea professor escape from the car?

Can somebody who has seen Dream High tell me why the Kirin school has no heat? I mean...everyone in the art school...you can see their breath when they speak like they have no heat running in the building.

Can somebody who has seen Dream High tell me why the Kirin school has no heat? I mean...everyone in the art school...you can see their breath when they speak like they have no heat running in the building.
    The production company claims that the heater are too noisy, so they switched off during filming.

Our guess is that they are skimping on cost by not installing proper insulation and heaters. The cast were practically freezing to death and immobile without sticking heat packs on their bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    The production company claims that the heater are too noisy, so they switched off during filming.

Our guess is that they are skimping on cost by not installing proper insulation and heaters. The cast were practically freezing to death and immobile without sticking heat packs on their bodies.
    Thanks. I guess I figured out where your avatar came from now. BTW, how come Bae Yong Joon was only part of the drama series for the first 4 episodes only? Is he not acting much now?

Thanks. I guess I figured out where your avatar came from now. BTW, how come Bae Yong Joon was only part of the drama series for the first 4 episodes only? Is he not acting much now?
    He doesn't act much nowadays.

The series is a joint investment between his company and JYP. He is more like the producer for this series. He doesn't appear much because he was hospitalized for an overdue surgery.

Now I'm watching Man of Honor. Is anyone else watching it?

Poseidon - some pretty solid acting, decent plot and Choi Si Won show potential for a future star vehicle. Lee Si Young is a bit disappointing, though.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Anyone see The Moon Embraces the Sun yet???
    really good... a must new K-drama that need to be see...
    if anyone like Dong Yi, Yi san... you all will love this series...

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz3 View Post
    Poseidon - some pretty solid acting, decent plot and Choi Si Won show potential for a future star vehicle. Lee Si Young is a bit disappointing, though.
    Decent plot? Eh...I watched like four episodes and didn't find it at all engaging. Even with Choi Si won, I could not find myself attracted to the plot or even begin to understand or empathize with the characters. Truly, I couldn't. It just didn't work with me. I wish I could watch it for all the eye-candy, but story does not engage me.

Quote Originally Posted by myenson1 View Post
    Anyone see The Moon Embraces the Sun yet???
    really good... a must new K-drama that need to be see...
    if anyone like Dong Yi, Yi san... you all will love this series...
    Yes. I'm watching it. The younger child actors are SOOOO CUTE and they acted really well. I felt like pinching Princess Min-Hwa's cheeks,she's adorable. I loved all the child actors. Ha Ga In might be older for both the actors, I know she is older than the actor who plays Lee Hwon.

I'm also watching History of a Salary Man, the main actor is hilarious. The supporting actor who was the lead in Romance Town really irks me. I guess, I saw him as a dumb jock in Romance Town and here he's playing a different character, but still, I don't find his acting at all good. He's all looks with the nice cut abs and stuff, but I just dislike his face. The main actor is not handsome, but he's good at acting and making people laugh. Jung Ryu Won really shed her nice girl act and put on an obnoxious rich girl with layers. She's mean and rude to everyone, but through the kindness of the main actor, she's soften up and liked him. She's hilarious too, in that she has a dirty mouth and everyone is afraid of her.

I'm also watching A Deep Rooted Tree with Jang Hyuk and a bunch of other actors in the cast. The series is about King Sejong, who was the founder and creator of Korean Hangul (Korean Alphabet/writing system) and Jang Hyuk plays a slave who grows up planning to take revenge against King Sejong for the things King Taejo (the previous King) did to his family. There's also a struggle between King Sejong wanting to make Hangul public and Milbon, a secret organization that is against the King and wants to limit his power over the aristocrats and people. This is a really great and must see TV drama series. It has swordfighting, murder mysteriesm palace intrigue, secret organization's conspiracy against the Monarch, some romance, and a really intelligent plot with clever twists in the story. The acting in this series is spectacular. I'm almost near finish watching this series. Definitely one of the best.

The actor who plays King Sejong is really charismatic and does a great job of portraying a very three dimensional King Sejong.

Watching this drama, makes me want to learn Hangul. It was designed so anyone from commoners to aristocrats can learn Hangul easily and in a short time. There's only twentysomething letters compared to the Chinese characters they were using as their writing system. King Sejong was really innovative, too bad the sons who succeeded him on the throne sorta undid his life legacy and Hangul took a long time before it went public and became what it is today.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 01-28-12 at 12:01 PM.

@Suet Seung, I wished they had simpler chinese like hangul too. I'd be able to read by now. lol I've learned how to read Hangul in school, but still struggling to learn vocabs. It's suppose to be like english. Back when we don't know english in Kindergarden and our teachers teaching us.

Currently watching New Gisaeng Story. So picky with dramas lately after watching The Princess Man than next Bu Bu Jing Xin. This one is really good, it has a good fill of romance, and touching scenes (not just between lovers, but between friends and families too). I'm half way into this 54 ep drama and still it's very engaging. I'm really impressed with the lead male actor. It's his first time acting, but he's impressive. As for the female lead actress, she's very believable in her role, and very pretty.

This dramas available with ETTV dubs (which is very good) and can be found on tudou under 芙蓉阁之恋